Petition to stop Town of Erin plans to dump effluent into West Credit River | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Petition to stop Town of Erin plans to dump effluent into West Credit River

Science is great isnt it?
Astronauts filter and drink their own waste for months at a time

Funny thing is most of the business along main street dump sewage in the river untreated now and have since they were built IMHO actually having sewage treatment in town will probably reduce the pollution not increase it. The town is also full of old septic systems leaking raw sewage into the river.

Sent from my couch using my thumbs
Ew, what town is that? I'll remember to never swim there.

Ew, what town is that? I'll remember to never swim there.
That is in Erin take a look at all the business on the credit river side of the road they are all sandwiched between main street and the river where do you think the waste goes. Been like that since the built the town.

You can trace that with water samples taken at various points in the stream, why isn't anybody doing that :unsure:

You can trace that with water samples taken at various points in the stream, why isn't anybody doing that :unsure:
Grandfathered in they have no land to put a septic on. No one cared 150 years ago when building.

You're right, 150 years ago nobody cared about pollution.

We didn't have indoor plumbing 150 years ago.
I have a hard time believing anyone is dumping untreated sewage into the credit river.

They dont care about the WWTP

They dont want the growth.....which requires the treatment plant.

That is the point.

I think the biggest issue here is the simple fact that people don't want a wastewater treatment plant in their area. They want all the benefits, but not to deal with the fact that the area is growing and it's needed.

They dont care about the WWTP

They dont want the growth.....which requires the treatment plant.

That is the point.
I’m sure like the other surrounding communities....their ideal space / home is being turned into something different that they grew to know and love. More people coming in, changing the dynamic, adding in more traffic, pollution and raising the real estate prices.

unfortunately it will continue as the GTA is getting too expensive the growth will just continue reaching further and further out.

unfortunately the growth and infrastructure are extremely intertwined.

grow too fast without the infrastructure and bad things happen. Build the infrastructure and now you need the growth to pay for it.

I’m sure like the other surrounding communities....their ideal space / home is being turned into something different that they grew to know and love. More people coming in, changing the dynamic, adding in more traffic, pollution and raising the real estate prices.

unfortunately it will continue as the GTA is getting too expensive the growth will just continue reaching further and further out.

unfortunately the growth and infrastructure are extremely intertwined.

grow too fast without the infrastructure and bad things happen. Build the infrastructure and now you need the growth to pay for it.

Water/Wastewater infrastructure is largely paid by the developer and water charges

Property taxes in general have nothing to do with W/WW

Water/Wastewater infrastructure is largely paid by the developer and water charges

Good point. Depending on the contract the builder may Design Build Finance and Maintain the plant for X years.

Our contracts are all P3 DBFM.

I see this in community groups all the time. "We don't want apartments". "Enough houses already!". Etc etc.

The irony of it is that these are the same people (like us, admittedly, I'm just not blind to it) who bought our houses here 20 years ago and back then WE were the ones changing it for the residents of the time. I'm sure they felt the same way - our house today sits in what was once forest behind the WW2 era houses on the street behind us.

Well, I guess nobody signed, LOL. I don't really care, I'm up river. Any effluent going to GTA doesn't bother me. You can fill your camel backs in the Credit next time you're near the Forks. Treated. Fresher...than...was...

More new people more new demands. Bigger schools, Quad rink, New Mall, new admin building to run the show

If the place becomes "Quaint" who knows how many coffee shops. Local businesses get competition.

One quaint little town resident said his home town has become Rosedale North. The locals can't afford to live there anymore.

I can see why the residents want to keep the status quo.

More new people more new demands. Bigger schools, Quad rink, New Mall, new admin building to run the show

If the place becomes "Quaint" who knows how many coffee shops. Local businesses get competition.

One quaint little town resident said his home town has become Rosedale North. The locals can't afford to live there anymore.

I can see why the residents want to keep the status quo.

O I understand it. Like PP said we all changed somewhere and sometime when we set up our camp.

Making a false argument is something different which is as we agree this case.

Go complain if they screw up like Ottawa did years ago. Summer intern discovers flow rates thru the WWTP are way down for the last 6 months or so.

They discovered someone had opened the bypass line 6 months earlier so that a storm flow wouldn't overwhelm the plant.....and forgot to close it.

That example IS raw sewage into the Ottawa River.

O I understand it. Like PP said we all changed somewhere and sometime when we set up our camp.

Making a false argument is something different which is as we agree this case.

Go complain if they screw up like Ottawa did years ago. Summer intern discovers flow rates thru the WWTP are way down for the last 6 months or so.

They discovered someone had opened the bypass line 6 months earlier so that a storm flow wouldn't overwhelm the plant.....and forgot to close it.

That example IS raw sewage into the Ottawa River.
I think "Ottawa" is a first nations word for Screw up. Their drinking water for years was eight times the WHO limit for some tri-chloro whatevers.

Ages ago the rear of the parliamentary library got knocked out and an RCMP constable was posted 24/7 to stand guard. The wall was fixed but no one told the RCMP so the four shifts continued for decades.

No shortage of bovine sewage there either.

Georgetown is still on a well system that is tasked to the max. why the place is still not banging houses up at a rate seen in milton or brampton.

Once the the big city pipe makes to the border they will expand georgetown, Most if not all the property has already bought up by developers.

Georgetown is still on a well system that is tasked to the max. why the place is still not banging houses up at a rate seen in milton or brampton.

Once the the big city pipe makes to the border they will expand georgetown, Most if not all the property has already bought up by developers.

Wasn't that the situation with Milton? No new development until they got more water. That would have been 20 years ago.

A friend who used to live around Carlisle said there were concerns of older wells running dry as new custom builds went up all over the place. Digging wells isn't cheap and going city water would run up tax rates.

Wasn't that the situation with Milton? No new development until they got more water. That would have been 20 years ago.

A friend who used to live around Carlisle said there were concerns of older wells running dry as new custom builds went up all over the place. Digging wells isn't cheap and going city water would run up tax rates.
Most development is phased around water/sewer allocation. They could build and sell much faster but it takes a long time to development water treatment facilities and pipes.

Back
Top Bottom