paying for gas | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

paying for gas

Wow....what's with the entitlement in here? A store owner asks you to take off a helmet because it could be a robbery, could've just had a robbery, and they want to protect their own interest?
Why the fuss...I find people have too much free time on their hands that they get offended by the littlest things. OP...grow up. You're not special. Take the helmet off or go elsewhere. No big deal.

Reactions: TK4
Wow....what's with the entitlement in here? A store owner asks you to take off a helmet because it could be a robbery, could've just had a robbery, and they want to protect their own interest?
Why the fuss...I find people have too much free time on their hands that they get offended by the littlest things. OP...grow up. You're not special. Take the helmet off or go elsewhere. No big deal.
You didn't read the OP or did so selectively.

He wasn't told to remove it for safety reasons, he was told to do it because "it's the law."

You’re right. Message stays the same but I didn’t explain myself clearly.
OP didn’t need to get offended but say ‘ok fine ‘ and either pay or walk away. No need to get angry or upset over it.
Owner is an idiot for claiming a fake law but has every right to request removal of helmet as it’s not covered under any religious or any other exemption.

I avoid gas stations that do not have pay at the pump options. I would not argue though with someone in a gas station if they said it, though it makes no sense. If you were going to rob the place you are not going to take your helmet off first and then rob the place, you are just going to carry on with robbing the place.

Never had issues in the states paying with my helmet on, pay at the pump is most places but not everywhere so end up on most trips going into a few gas stations along the road and not once have I had issue. Of course these are rural areas and not some inner city gas station.

As for that gas station pump fault video I think you really need to go higher up as the regular people working there are probably not all that skilled at making decisions that go beyond the norm. Personally I would have ignored the entire fuel bill right off the bat. He will have to clean his bike, not a huge thing, a hose and some soap would be fine, but still a hassle that is easily work the free fill up.

Manners and simple human courtesy.

Unfortunately these things are more and more taking back seat to selfishness and self importance...

Reminds me of the line...

"There are only two types of people who wear sunglasses indoors..

The blind and... ********.

Whether your dealing with a cashier or a border officer... make eye contact.
Unless your too chicken **** to look another person in the eye when talking to them.

Not too chicken ****, just antisocial. I'm there to purchase, they are there to work. It's not a blossoming relationship.

i usualy take my helmet off to go in the gas station if im not paying at the pump i dont see the big deal here. it only takes a few seconds to put the helmet back on. i always take off the helmet when going to the ATM at the bank. I have gone in a few times when the bank is already closed to use the ATM while others are there and you can see their reaction is somewhat unpleasant they might feel as if they are getting robbed. reverse the roles for all you entitled people, if you were a convenience store worker and see someone coming in with a fullface and tinted visor you would be acting the same way.
Nope, people need to get real.

Now if it was my stores 'policy' to ask customers to do so, then fine and i would enforce it. But i'm not going to jabber on about 'it's the law', or 'because you make me uncomfortable'. If you`re that pent up about the severely minor chance of being assaulted or robbed then get a new line of work.

I grew up in the 80s, my parents rule was "we don't want to see your face until the street lights come on". Now i have co worker parents my age or older who refuse to let their kids leave the house in the evening because 'it's dangerous'.

Sheesh.

Last edited:
You’re right. Message stays the same but I didn’t explain myself clearly.
OP didn’t need to get offended but say ‘ok fine ‘ and either pay or walk away. No need to get angry or upset over it.
Owner is an idiot for claiming a fake law but has every right to request removal of helmet as it’s not covered under any religious or any other exemption.
Over reacted because someone attempted to infringe on his rights? I disagree.

For what it's worth i don't think he over reacted. I'd likely tell anyone who approached me in the same way to get bent.

Mimico- let me get this straight - you think they have the right to ask you but we don't have the right to refuse?
I'm good with it if it's business policy, if its an employee power tripping then they can go fly a kite.

Mimico- let me get this straight - you think they have the right to ask you but we don't have the right to refuse?
100% you have the right to refuse by taking your business elsewhere.
Personally I wouldn’t argue it as I have enough respect for myself and someone’s place of business that if they ask me to remove a helmet I would. Pain in the ass but no need to get pissy about it.

Over reacted because someone attempted to infringe on his rights? I disagree.

For what it's worth i don't think he over reacted. I'd likely tell anyone who approached me in the same way to get bent.
What rights exactly? Motorcycling isn’t a right. Wearing a helmet is a law when on the motorcycle, not when off. All it is is being inconvenienced and nothing else.

Fact of the matter is riders feel entitled to act special because we ride, and others don’t. This isn’t a right that was infringed. It was an idiot owner calling out a ******** law. All I said is there’s better ways to handle it than being a tough guy about it. Don’t like it? Leave. Shop elsewhere. Find a place that doesn’t infringe on your ‘right’.

Never take the helmet off at gas stations or when using the atm at the bank, but always have visor up. No problems and if there is one, **** em

Never take the helmet off at gas stations or when using the atm at the bank, but always have visor up. No problems and if there is one, **** em
Ya man! **** them and their right to feel safe and secure in the workplace....losers.

What rights exactly? Motorcycling isn’t a right. Wearing a helmet is a law when on the motorcycle, not when off. All it is is being inconvenienced and nothing else.

Fact of the matter is riders feel entitled to act special because we ride, and others don’t. This isn’t a right that was infringed. It was an idiot owner calling out a ******** law. All I said is there’s better ways to handle it than being a tough guy about it. Don’t like it? Leave. Shop elsewhere. Find a place that doesn’t infringe on your ‘right’.

Feel special about wearing a piece of protective head gear while paying for a service?

Lol come on dude.

Anyways, he had already pumped gas. He called the guy out and asked if he wanted him to pay or not. Should he have just said nothing, thrown the money at him and stormed out?

Ya man! **** them and their right to feel safe and secure in the workplace....losers.
I'm not pressing the issue because i feel like it will just spiral into the Charter of Rights debate, but whose playing fast and loose with 'rights' now?

Courtesy is a very broad term; so i can say please, thank you, ask how your day is going, kick you a few bucks as a tip. However, because i had the big bad helmet on, i'm actually an elitist loser who has no concern for the safety of people in their work place.

Oy vey!

I don't see the big deal here. If a place of business asks respectfully for me to take the helmet off. I don't see any reason not to. It takes all of one minute to take it off and back on. Don't see the issue here. Depending on the location , I actually feel better taking the helmet off even before anyone asks. Now if I'm paying at the pump. Helmet stays on. I've never had anyone direct me to take off the helmet.. They have asked politely and I said no problem.

Not sure why there is so much attitude here for such a simple request..

Back
Top Bottom