Passport photos - cheap place in Mississauga? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Passport photos - cheap place in Mississauga?

We need to renew the passport for our 6-year-old before Christmas break seeming like it's going to be very hard to get done in time

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

We need to renew the passport for our 6-year-old before Christmas break seeming like it's going to be very hard to get done in time

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
We did one kid last fall with no issues. Second kid needs to get done before feb 2023. Intentionally waiting a while to see if the backlog clears. Definitely worth going to SC with paperwork to have them review and approve imo. That way you still have possession of BC, old passport, etc in case the system fails and you need to expedite. So many friends needed expedited as mailed in application was sent more than four months before travel but got stuck. Mailed application had the needed documents in it. Ugh. Not going to wait in line for a day though. Will likely make appointment at SC in early fall.

We did one kid last fall with no issues. Second kid needs to get done before feb 2023. Intentionally waiting a while to see if the backlog clears. Definitely worth going to SC with paperwork to have them review and approve imo. That way you still have possession of BC, old passport, etc in case the system fails and you need to expedite. So many friends needed expedited as mailed in application was sent more than four months before travel but got stuck. Mailed application had the needed documents in it. Ugh. Not going to wait in line for a day though. Will likely make appointment at SC in early fall.
That's the pickle I am in now. Mail in and hope for the best or wait for the "within 45 days of travel with appointment and documents in hand. Favouring the latter
I need to renew my passport for a few days of Pennsylvania twisties around Labour Day!

I wish I had good news but....."Asked about her understanding of the causes for the bottlenecks, Ien said “this is about listening first."

Checked...son's passport expires in January, and daughter's in 2023 so we should be fine.

Waiting for the littlest one to hold up her head so we can get some photos and then issue out the applications. No impending plans, but want to do a trip next year.

Checked...son's passport expires in January, and daughter's in 2023 so we should be fine.

Waiting for the littlest one to hold up her head so we can get some photos and then issue out the applications. No impending plans, but want to do a trip next year.
We had photos rejected because you could see my wifes fingers in the picture holding up a baby head. So stupid.

CAA should do photos. Might be free for the member.

Can't the person taking the photo lean over the infant as they lay flat in their stroller?
Don't think so. Kid needs to be upright. A lot of stupid bureaucratic rules if you ask me. Especially as the pic of the one week old kid is good until they are five years old.

Don't think so. Kid needs to be upright. A lot of stupid bureaucratic rules if you ask me. Especially as the pic of the one week old kid is good until they are five years old.
I get the upright part but the picture is really zoomed in or cut around the head anyways.

I would say its hard to tell if the infant was really sitting upright or laying down.

Managed to get my application in today in person, ask me anything. I had ticket #16 and I got served a little less than two hours after the office doors opened

Managed to get my application in today in person, ask me anything. I had ticket #16 and I got served a little less than two hours after the office doors opened

(If) When did you make an appointment?
To hand in your application did you need to travel within 45 days?
What kind of "proof of travel" did you needed to provide?
Does renewing a Passport make the difference make assessing the Passport office?
Which Passport office did you go to?

thanks a bunch!

Does renewing a Passport make the difference make assessing the Passport office?

thanks a bunch!
I needed a 24 hour renewal before. I needed to have an airline ticket. I bought a ticket, got passport renewed, cancelled ticket. It was a business trip the next day and I couldnt have late passport screwing up the trip so that got it in my hands 24 hours before takeoff. My old passport was still valid but nearing the window of being valid for six months after my expected return date.

thanks a bunch!
-I didn't make an appointment, I waited in line. I didn't get an early as a start as I meant to, so I showed up at around 6:30.
-I'm pretty sure you will be turned away at a passport office if your travel is more than 45 business days away, but I feel like there might be a tiny amount of discretion on their part. I haven't heard anything that proves it though.
-It was basically just a receipt with a date and destination on it. I'm pretty sure I did overhear it get waived for someone intending to drive down and stay with a relative, the exact words are "or with proof of need".
-I submitted a renewal myself - this wasn't a factor up until the point I was called up to the counter. I think it substantially reduced the time I spent at the counter, at least.
-I went to the office in St. Catherine's. For me it was convenience, but I did overhear a bunch of people in line that had come to this office from Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington, Waterdown. The experience was not as stressful as it could have been so I can imagine why.

My old passport was still valid but nearing the window of being valid for six months after my expected return date.

I am baffled as to why a passport is invalid within 6 months of its expiration date. Maybe they should just renew them for 4 years and 6 months then, and go by the actual expiration??? Or 5 years and 6 months if they insist on continuing with this nonsense.

BTW I received my passport two days ago, which I have mixed feelings about. I did not request express service and/or pickup...

Back
Top Bottom