Passport photos - cheap place in Mississauga? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Passport photos - cheap place in Mississauga?

justride

Where to get passport photos taken on the cheap in Mississauga. Planning a trip in early fall. thanks

Shopper's is cheap and ubiquitous. However, government passport service is currently overwhelmed - plan for not receiving your passport by early fall

I am member also but a quick google search states they are no longer taken
passport photos

Oh, that sucks. I'm pretty sure it was something ridiculous like $7 about 4 years ago. Check Walmart - they're currently on rollback at $9.97 from $12.97 until June 29.

1656258515343.png

We always went to a photo store at the corner of Hurontario and Dundas…SE corner.

However…if your trip is in the fall I highly recommend submitting for your passport a month ago.

UPS Store in Streetsville $16.99
Walmart Heartland not taking passport photo at the moment

Just get the photos done and get the applications submitted ASAP. A hand full of dollars here or there is not at all the problem you need to worry about!

We applied for ours and our kids in January for a planned summer Europe trip (all were to expire in the fall). We got ours in just over two months but it took two+ months for them to reject the kids applications for not sending in the original copies of the birth certificates (in our case the application stated specifically we did not need to, yet they rejected them). We sent them in again (now beginning of April) as soon as we got all the other original documents back from them. Two months after that we got billed, but still no passports..... our MP is now looking into it as the passport office no longer responds to status emails or phone calls!

We cancelled the trip due to travel costs, war etc.... But it is still a PITA, one example is our 15 year old was hired by the city but needed government issue photo ID and the government has her ID (passport).... we renewed her health card with a new photo but still a PITA.

BTW we used a UPS store for the photos, don't remember the price.

Last edited:
Usually a quick print shop/copy shop can do passport photos.

When you renew your passport do if for 10 years. I use to do it every 5 and got caught needing to replace it last minute before a trip.

Usually a quick print shop/copy shop can do passport photos.

When you renew your passport do if for 10 years. I use to do it every 5 and got caught needing to replace it last minute before a trip.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't renew for 10 years. As soon as the to option was available, it was a no-brainer for me. One less hassle every 5 years.

That said, what's with the delays now? Is it just because of the backlog from COVID?

COVID is "over" and everybody wants to catch up on travel this year so there is a glut of applications

COVID is "over" and everybody wants to catch up on travel this year so there is a glut of applications
Biggest issue is probably all the staff they laid off and they don't want to come back for low salaries.

Eventually COVID was going to be 'over'...just a matter of when it was going to happen.

I'm having trouble finding a good article to use as a source, but supposedly they didn't lay anybody off at any point during the pandemic lull. Also, supposedly, they are still expected to process less applications than they would in a pre-pandemic year. So I dunno what happened - the system fell part after being semi idle for two years?

I feel it is extremely unlikely that the mess will be untangled before the year is out. I am currently expecting to be camping in line in about two weeks

I'm having trouble finding a good article to use as a source, but supposedly they didn't lay anybody off at any point during the pandemic lull. Also, supposedly, they are still expected to process less applications than they would in a pre-pandemic year. So I dunno what happened - the system fell part after being semi idle for two years?

I feel it is extremely unlikely that the mess will be untangled before the year is out. I am currently expecting to be camping in line in about two weeks
If you have tickets with a travel date of xx days in the future (~30 IIRC) you can pay more and get expedited passports. The system is so broken, it seems like camping and paying for expedited is the only way to get passports now. Normal applications disappear into the ether and hopefully get filled at some point (but few seem to get to that point).

Which reminds me...time to check the passports to see when they actually expire. And our youngest (1.5months) needs a passport.

If you have tickets with a travel date of xx days in the future (~30 IIRC) you can pay more and get expedited passports. The system is so broken, it seems like camping and paying for expedited is the only way to get passports now. Normal applications disappear into the ether and hopefully get filled at some point (but few seem to get to that point).
It's 45 business days specifically. Important to know - Passport offices proper will turn you away at the moment if your travel is further away than that. You can go to Service Canada instead, but you will be unable to expedite your application, and you go into a much longer processing queue. I have firsthand experience with this - clerk at Service Canada told me I didn't have a chance of getting my passport in time with them, and to wait until I was within 45 days, then go to a passport office. Early.

Back
Top Bottom