October 8,9,10 @ TMP | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

October 8,9,10 @ TMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
firstly wtf are you talking about. get real.

secondly, talking about this guy against this guy, trying to beat someone...this is a ****ing trackday.

this dude sounds negative right off the hop

kellen what are you talking about you sound like you were there did you see what happened if you saw what happened please share with us or if you know what happened please share as well.

as far as it being a trackday so what if its a trackday bad things happens during racing as well. and so what if he wanted to get by mike i guess he thought he was faster and the only way is to try and get by him. Obviously it didn't worked out well so i explained what i could see from my vantage point.

Isnt the guy in question on the red/white cbr f4i?

Maybe im thinking of someone else than ? He was pitted in the middle lane across from me. He was sent to Hospital via an ambulance, who later returned around 4. He was in a sling ...

He was driving a VW bus type van ..

That guy needs to be blacklisted amongst all trackday organisers.

This guy should have been black flagged in the morning if he was riding like that all day. Looking at the schedule I see that SORMS (the people I marshal with) were there on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. What group was marshaling on Monday??? So mad right now. The whole point of having marshals at a track is the safety of the riders!!! I really hope the TMP people are taking note of this and doing something about it.

Also, if you see something not right when you're out on the track don't just tell your buddy pitted next to you. Tell someone official. R1guy is so lucky he wasn't hurt. We need look out for each other.

Grrrrrr end rant :angry4:

Isnt the guy in question on the red/white cbr f4i?

Maybe im thinking of someone else than ? He was pitted in the middle lane across from me. He was sent to Hospital via an ambulance, who later returned around 4. He was in a sling ...

He was driving a VW bus type van ..

You're thinking of the guy who crashed in T12 on Saturday. The big kerfuffle here is about an incident on Monday.

Everyone is competitve to some degree and you need to know when to calm the f down. When he almost blew through turn 2, that was his time to relax but he figured it being near the end of the track day and being the doc he had to pass everyone to show all the factory scouts how fast he was. This type of behaviour is unnaceptable at a track day. I hope he and everyone else who saw the footage or was there takes a step back and realizes that this is a dangerous sport and there are real life consequences to your actions.

I want to know who he is so I can stay the eff away from him if he's ever at the track when I am.

kellen what are you talking about you sound like you were there did you see what happened if you saw what happened please share with us or if you know what happened please share as well.

as far as it being a trackday so what if its a trackday bad things happens during racing as well. and so what if he wanted to get by mike i guess he thought he was faster and the only way is to try and get by him. Obviously it didn't worked out well so i explained what i could see from my vantage point.

I didn't have to be there to know your explanation of the crash is completely ridiculous, nonsensical and downright laughable.

You're right, it happens in racing...rarely. But this wasn't racing, it was a trackday.

I'm on Kellen's side... Trackdays are meant to be a fun place to let you and your sportbike do it's thing, learn how to handle it in a safe environment and meet some nice people. It is not a race and there is no trophy or sponsorship money to be won... we just return to work the next day happy to have had some fun at the track.
You do not go to a track day and pretend that you are in a GP race endangering everyone's life around you including your own with piss poor riding skills and a mind clouded with delusions of grander . You first have to learn where to pass, how to pass and how to read the guy in front before you pass... SAFELY for fawk's sake!!!

After reading some of the posts here I know I made the right LIFE choice... Over and out.

Last edited:
Exactly.
I'm on Kellen's side... Trackdays are meant to be a fun place to let you and your sportbike do it's thing, learn how to handle it in a safe environment and meet some nice people. It is not a race and there is no trophy or sponsorship money to be won... we just return to work the next day happy to have had some fun at the track.You do not go to a track day and pretend that you are in a GP race endangering everyone's life around you including your own with piss poor riding skills and a mind clouded with delusions of grander . You first have to learn where to pass, how to pass and how to read the guy in front before you pass... SAFELY for fawk's sake!!!After reading some of the posts here I know I made the right LIFE choice... Over and out.

Negative or realistic?

Obviously it didnt work out well for this kid, just like your ride with James Perrault didn't work out well either. How long did it take to clean up the two-bike-yardsale off the back straight? I'm guessing you think that you were in no way at-fault in that accident eh?

I see this at the end of every season.
A couple ppl show up who are too scatterbrained to get their crap together earlier in the season and wana show how crazy fast they are before winter.
That way they can benchrace all winter long.
The problem is other fast guys have had 10-20-30 riding days under thier belts and theres no way they can safely run with them.
This guy told me his bike wasnt set up and he could hardly hold it on the track in the corners but instead of slowing down when the bunny passed him , he frantically tried to stay in touch with Mike.
Unfortunately the kid blew his braking point, possibly bounced over the turtles, and obviously didnt even attempt the turn and smoked Mike.
Rule #1-- Dont run into the other bikes.
Rule #2--- refer to rule #1.
Seems so simple to most.
The guy is a buddy of James Peroult (squiskins) and i think the 08 cbr1000 came from James.

Maybe I missed it, but what group did all of this happen in? I'm assuming hot-shoe due to the lap times, but how did this new rider get into hot shoe? Is it because intermediate was full and his ego couldn't handle dropping down to beginner? This happened on Saturday and I got caught by surprise once and nearly rear ended a guy that was booking down the straight, braking just a bit earlier than I was, but braked crazy hard right before turn in and parked it in turn 2. I was almost in a rolling stoppie to not hit him (luckily not so I could still steer!). Later in the day there was another guy whose line through the esses was absolutely ridiculous. I said out loud in my helmet "Where the hell are you going!?". It was clear that these guys wanted to sign up intermediate but it was full, so they came into advanced, which was dangerous. Another point in the day I was stuck behind a 600 that was a bit slower than me in the corners but I couldn't find a way past, until I got a great drive out of the hairpin. I was beside him and even a wheel ahead before the kink, but he pinned it and cut me off into the kink and then he continued with erratic lines trying to ride faster to keep me behind. I eventually got past him but it's that kind of behaviour and ego-based riding that doesn't belong at the track, especially in advanced where riders should have the sense to let faster riders go when the best you.

Last edited:
There was only 2 classes. If this kid was in beginner someone would have got run over in the first session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom