New Royal Enfield dealer in town | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Royal Enfield dealer in town

update:

got a call from flying squirrel's main guy. turns out the original mechanic i was talking to about potentially replacing the whole bike may have let that slip and wasn't a sanctioned option.

instead they are now re-assuring me that any parts that are needed to get my bike on the road will be stripped from their current roster of bikes and will get back to me on monday morning as to the status of whats happening. so far their best diagnostic is telling them it has still to do with the fuel pump and only one cylinder firing, and their #1 priority is to get me back on the road.

they told me they are definitely reading this thread and wanted to let me know they will do everything in their power to fix this and be better at answering their phone as well. i believe them.

i hate that the onus is now on flying squirrel (i know its none of their fault or even OVC's) and i dont mean to try and diminish anyones business, especially during these times. all i want is the bike i paid for.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Royal Enfield North America about this issue (as well as their roadside assistance problems) as they said they're looking into it and will get back to me. Last I heard from them was this past thursday (june 24).

hopefully this is resolved in the next few days.

I know the Canadian district sales manager from a former life - I pm'd him.

sorry i think i missed this post. do you mean you pm'ed the sales manager at OVC? or the overall district sales for canada? just curious if there was a response.

update:

got a call from flying squirrel's main guy. turns out the original mechanic i was talking to about potentially replacing the whole bike may have let that slip and wasn't a sanctioned option.

instead they are now re-assuring me that any parts that are needed to get my bike on the road will be stripped from their current roster of bikes and will get back to me on monday morning as to the status of whats happening. so far their best diagnostic is telling them it has still to do with the fuel pump and only one cylinder firing, and their #1 priority is to get me back on the road.

they told me they are definitely reading this thread and wanted to let me know they will do everything in their power to fix this and be better at answering their phone as well. i believe them.

i hate that the onus is now on flying squirrel (i know its none of their fault or even OVC's) and i dont mean to try and diminish anyones business, especially during these times. all i want is the bike i paid for.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Royal Enfield North America about this issue (as well as their roadside assistance problems) as they said they're looking into it and will get back to me. Last I heard from them was this past thursday (june 24).

hopefully this is resolved in the next few days.

well its good they're being more communicative and looking after your bike, flying squirrel stepped up(maybe after some social media pressure), reflects poorly on old vintage cranks, as well as royal Enfield as a whole, this is literally their job, in todays powersports market, they're making more money than ever, they're not the victims in any of this.

Did they offer you a temporary replacement/courtesy bike?

well its good they're being more communicative and looking after your bike, flying squirrel stepped up(maybe after some social media pressure), reflects poorly on old vintage cranks, as well as royal Enfield as a whole, this is literally their job, in todays powersports market, they're making more money than ever, they're not the victims in any of this.

Did they offer you a temporary replacement/courtesy bike?

yah i kinda bad in leaving all of these responses within this 'flying squirrel' thread. should have just started a new post but oh well. just didnt expect things with the actual bike to sour this quickly. i'm hoping people who are late to following this thread know that this is not flying squirrels fault (or anyone in particular).

no courtesy bike (but i didnt ask for one either). i'm fine with just riding my ducati for now. started it up this morning in the garage and was *way* too happy with hearing a bike actually fire up haha.

yah i kinda bad in leaving all of these responses within this 'flying squirrel' thread. should have just started a new post but oh well. just didnt expect things with the actual bike to sour this quickly. i'm hoping people who are late to following this thread know that this is not flying squirrels fault (or anyone in particular).

no courtesy bike (but i didnt ask for one either). i'm fine with just riding my ducati for now. started it up this morning in the garage and was *way* too happy with hearing a bike actually fire up haha.
on the plus side, I feel a lot better about buying a ducati now

The guy for Canada - no response as of yet.
My email to him:

Its been a while, I hope you're well and enjoying the new gig.
I'm retired now and enjoying every minute.
By the way, I am also now the proud owner of an INT650 I bought from Classy Chassis in Lakefield in April.
Two things I think you need to be brought up to speed on, both are covered in this thread from GTA motorcycle dot com. I post as TK4.

(1) New Royal Enfield dealer in town | GTAMotorcycle.com

Read all the way through - we have a new owner of a Continental GT who ran into issues with less than 200 kms on the clock. No one at the toll free road assistance hot line knew how to help him out here in Canada, the dealer he's taken the machine to for repair (not the original vendor) seems lost technically.
I've offered to help, but don't want to step on any toes. It might be worth a phone call on your part, and again I offer through you to help in any way I can.

Stay safe,

on the plus side, I feel a lot better about buying a ducati now
Past tense buying or future tense buying?
future tense

@bigpoppa @Hardwrkr13

Bringing GTAM members together since 2021.

Guess number two for running with lots of throttle but doesn't run at idle was an oiling issue that hurt the engine. I left that one out and hoped for the best.

Sorry to hear about your luck. I wouldn't completely write off RE though. Didn't honda have to replace all the 125 (and/or 250) engines at one point? Nobody calls them a pos, they just screwed up. Hopefully your issues don't affect many bikes.

well i got a response. i have to say that Flying Squirrel has been extremely helpful and communicative. also greyghost you may be right about this. they said there seems to be a much more serious mechanical issue with the bike as they continued to have the single cylinder problem after going through various diagnostics and testing. they believe it may be due to an oiling issue.

I have SCOURED the internet forums, youtube, etc and i've yet to see anyone else with a 650 with this specific issue. So i think this has just been a rare fluke mechanical failure (i hope so).

So they're in contact with Royal Enfield North America and are asking them to completely replace the bike. Flying Squirrel actually has an extra 'Mr Clean' (this is what my variation of the bike is called) in stock that they're willing to part with if the RE head office says yes. I'm not sure how or I'm just lucky i guess because I was at flying squirrel literally a few weeks ago and the one Mr Clean they had was already sold.

So right now it's in Royal Enfield North America's hands. The main flyinq squirrel guy gave me his personal cell # and said he will reach out to me the minute he finds out what RE head offices decision is.

Overall its been sort of a short-lived nightmare with this specific bike, but flying squirrel has come through with flying colors in terms of service, communication and care. We'll see if Royal Enfield North America can follow suit.

well i got a response. i have to say that Flying Squirrel has been extremely helpful and communicative. also greyghost you may be right about this. they said there seems to be a much more serious mechanical issue with the bike as they continued to have the single cylinder problem after going through various diagnostics and testing. they believe it may be due to an oiling issue.

I have SCOURED the internet forums, youtube, etc and i've yet to see anyone else with a 650 with this specific issue. So i think this has just been a rare fluke mechanical failure (i hope so).

So they're in contact with Royal Enfield North America and are asking them to completely replace the bike. Flying Squirrel actually has an extra 'Mr Clean' (this is what my variation of the bike is called) in stock that they're willing to part with if the RE head office says yes. I'm not sure how or I'm just lucky i guess because I was at flying squirrel literally a few weeks ago and the one Mr Clean they had was already sold.

So right now it's in Royal Enfield North America's hands. The main flyinq squirrel guy gave me his personal cell # and said he will reach out to me the minute he finds out what RE head offices decision is.

Overall its been sort of a short-lived nightmare with this specific bike, but flying squirrel has come through with flying colors in terms of service, communication and care. We'll see if Royal Enfield North America can follow suit.
Great job by FS. Hopefully RE pulls though. I would be shocked if they replaced bikes not engines as changing vin makes a big documentation mess but hopefully they get you back on the road quickly.

Great job by FS. Hopefully RE pulls though. I would be shocked if they replaced bikes not engines as changing vin makes a big documentation mess but hopefully they get you back on the road quickly.
yah unfortunately i don't really know what the usual procedure is for these incidents. if it is a full swap, this means i have to update and get all new papers for insurance, registration, permits and etc too. hmm.

When you do get your bike back, check out these upgrades.
The 650 is gaining popularity!

Any news ?
I've had some time to think about this.
At 120kms had you put any gas in it ?
If you had, its quite possible to put the gas cap on backwards, not have a proper closed loop system and then it will run like a bag of dirt.
I'd ask FS again, have they run the computer diagnostic program ?

I've had some time to think about this.
At 120kms had you put any gas in it ?
If you had, its quite possible to put the gas cap on backwards, not have a proper closed loop system and then it will run like a bag of dirt.
I'd ask FS again, have they run the computer diagnostic program ?

If a Royal Enfield certified mechanic is unable to diagnose an improperly seated gas cap, I don't know what that says about that mechanic and/or the design of the motorcycle...

If a Royal Enfield certified mechanic is unable to diagnose an improperly seated gas cap, I don't know what that says about that mechanic and/or the design of the motorcycle...
I was confused enough about the ability of a gas cap to be put on backwards which screws up operation. Wtf. If direction matters that much, it should only fit one way. If it fits multiple ways, functionality should be the same no matter the direction installed.

I was confused enough about the ability of a gas cap to be put on backwards which screws up operation. Wtf. If direction matters that much, it should only fit one way. If it fits multiple ways, functionality should be the same no matter the direction installed.
they dont know lefty loosey righty tighty in india

The bikes are pretty simple, I'm willing to bet there are at least half a dozen people that frequent this forum who could figure out the issue in fairly short order.

Back
Top Bottom