New Royal Enfield dealer in town | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Royal Enfield dealer in town

Sorry for your troubles, you're totally justified irritation and disappointment are obvious and I can empathize.

Maybe I'm naive, but I would hope that in such a case the dealer would make it a priority to get the machine back on the road for the customer. I've always believed in the old adage, "It's easier to keep a customer than get a new one."

i would assume so too. i've only bought one brand new bike from a dealer before (but never had issues with it so never had to go back).

but it felt pretty dismissive while on the phone with OVC tbh. they basically told me thanks for updating them on the situation without offering anything whatsoever (not sure what they can offer tbh but yep). i dont want to cause ill will towards them as they were nice to deal with overall and i certainly dont want to detract other would-be buyers because this 650 platform in GENERAL seems pretty tight and well-built.

but yah if this is how im treated, be prepared for a lot of wrath online.

part of me thinks maybe i should have had the bike towed back to them instead so they'd be forced to deal with it.

Last edited:
11k, brand new bike, and all this nonsense?
My sympathies

For that much you might as well get a triumph

If they're smart they'll get this resolved asap, doesnt bode well for a brand trying to change their horrible reputation.

If you'll recall a certain baller on the forum also had frequent problems with RE's that required almost daily work.

11k, brand new bike, and all this nonsense?
My sympathies
For that much you might as well get a triumph
It's under $11K all in - freight, taxes, pdi, etc.
The only Triumph you'll find for under $10K msrp is the new Trident 660, I know I looked.
That puts the out-the-door price around $14k.
The comparable machines are the Kawasaki W800 ($11,300) and the Triumph Street Twin ($10,600) plus, plus...
Apples and oranges, I know.

It's under $11K all in - freight, taxes, pdi, etc.
The only Triumph you'll find for under $10K msrp is the new Trident 660, I know I looked.
That puts the out-the-door price around $14k.
The comparable machines are the Kawasaki W800 ($11,300) and the Triumph Street Twin ($10,600) plus, plus...
Apples and oranges, I know.

mine was not. the mr clean continental GT650 (and i think the continental GT650's in general) cost more than the interceptors. my colour variation definitely had a premium extra to it as well. mine was 11.5k out the door.

I have the 650 manual on my computer. IIRC it’s 2-3 GB. DL’d it for my neighbour. Side note: he’s been riding his Interceptor almost daily since he got it last spring. Only issue was the butter alloy shoulder bolts on the levers that both snapped when removing them to install aftermarket levers. Weirdo 4mm threads on them. Gave him some standard 10mm shoulder bolts w. 5mm threads and he drilled out the levers. Problem solved

annoyed all over again.

tried calling flying squirrel 3x yesterday. all i got was answering machine. called them twice today at noon and then just now. answering machine.
yet they find the time to post on instagram twice today. cool.

annoyed all over again.

tried calling flying squirrel 3x yesterday. all i got was answering machine. called them twice today at noon and then just now. answering machine.
yet they find the time to post on instagram twice today. cool.
putting them on blast on instagram, maybe they'll pick up the phone?

wow. got someone on the phone.
they told me something about they could get 1 cylinder going but not the other? i dont even know what means in terms of actually just starting the bike. and they apparently are in contact with Royal Enfield service to possibly REPLACE THE WHOLE BIKE. which wont happen soon because there will certainly be no more of that specific model coming into canada for months.

what a ******* piece of ****.

im gonna be contacting OVC for a full refund. I'm done with this garbage brand.

they told me something about they could get 1 cylinder going but not the other? i dont even know what means in terms of actually just starting the bike. and they apparently are in contact with Royal Enfield service to possibly REPLACE THE WHOLE BIKE. which wont happen soon because there will certainly be no more of that specific model coming into canada for months.

Guess number two for running with lots of throttle but doesn't run at idle was an oiling issue that hurt the engine. I left that one out and hoped for the best.

Sorry to hear about your luck. I wouldn't completely write off RE though. Didn't honda have to replace all the 125 (and/or 250) engines at one point? Nobody calls them a pos, they just screwed up. Hopefully your issues don't affect many bikes.

Guess number two for running with lots of throttle but doesn't run at idle was an oiling issue that hurt the engine. I left that one out and hoped for the best.

Sorry to hear about your luck. I wouldn't completely write off RE though. Didn't honda have to replace all the 125 (and/or 250) engines at one point? Nobody calls them a pos, they just screwed up. Hopefully your issues don't affect many bikes.

Oh im completely writing them off. The whole experience has been trash. Im just glad i didn't sell off my current bike. I dont even know if a refund is possible but that's what im gonna demand from OVC.

also what do you mean by possible oiling issue that hurt the engine? like the oil wasnt being properly distributed around in the bike or something?

Oh im completely writing them off. The whole experience has been trash. Im just glad i didn't sell off my current bike. I dont even know if a refund is possible but that's what im gonna demand from OVC.
Given the circumstances, that isn't entirely unreasonable. You had it for three days, it may be months before you get a bike again. You wanted a bike to ride this summer and they can't provide that. Now whether they can or will provide a refund is another matter. If things drag out, I suspect a few tagged videos on the experience will get RE corporate to come around to make the mess go away. They are trying to clean up their image and cases like yours don't help that mission.

There's got to be more to this story. Contact RE directly yourself, find out what's really going on. Everything is repairable - it's under warranty, make RE come good. If it is a mechanical issue they can provide a motor assembly, part # 575001/A. In the meantime get it to another dealer for a second opinion. Not to slam FS, but they're the new kids on the block.

There's got to be more to this story. Contact RE directly yourself, find out what's really going on. Everything is repairable - it's under warranty, make RE come good.

i am in direct contact with u.scustomerservice@royalenfield.com and they said they're currently looking into it (although not with this latest development). but flying squirrel is now talking to them directly as well.

i know its under warranty. but if i'm not getting another replacement bike for months, i might as well not even have bought it this year. the whole situation seems crazy to me. flying squirrel said their main RE tech will call me tomorrow with whats exactly going on.

I sent an email to OVC as well about this newest development and told them if i cant get another bike immediately, i will be asking for a refund. I am just ******* angry.

iblastoff - I just sent an email to Flying Squirrel asking if it is okay for me to stop by and discuss your case.
There's always a way to make good, sometimes you just have to know what buttons to push.
If indeed it is a major mechanical issue, jerk a motor out of one of their new units - but make it right.

Last edited:
iblastoff - I just sent an email to Flying Squirrel asking if it is okay for me to stop by and discuss your case.
There's always a way to make good, sometimes you just have to know what buttons to push.
If indeed it is a major mechanical issue, jerk a motor out of one of their new units - but make it right.

I appreciate it. To be honest I have no idea how to approach it without being mad. I know its no ones fault, especially not Flying Squirrels.

But i've never bought a complete brand new lemon out the door before and now i'm worried what my recourse and options are. Once i talk to FS's main RE tech tomorrow I guess i'll have a better idea.

I told OVC to confirm my issue with Flying Squirrel and gave them their number. If OVC want the bike towed to their location to check it out (which means now i'll have to figure out non-bike transportation there yet again) they can do it at their expense.

I appreciate it. To be honest I have no idea how to approach it without being mad. I know its no ones fault, especially not Flying Squirrels.
But i've never bought a complete brand new lemon out the door before and now i'm worried what my recourse and options are.
Somebody owes you big time, that's what warranty is for.
Let's find out what the true nature of the failure was, then assign blame later.
Someone will make this right, I guarantee it.
My bike has been flawless, yours should be too.

Somebody owes you big time, that's what warranty is for.
Let's find out what the true nature of the failure was, then assign blame later.
Someone will make this right, I guarantee it.
My bike has been flawless, yours should be too.

You know what. if they can just swap the tank on one of the GT650s with the stock blacked out rims? I'll take it. That might even be a blessing in disguise!

Back
Top Bottom