New Royal Enfield dealer in town | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Royal Enfield dealer in town

I've had some time to think about this.
At 120kms had you put any gas in it ?
If you had, its quite possible to put the gas cap on backwards, not have a proper closed loop system and then it will run like a bag of dirt.
I'd ask FS again, have they run the computer diagnostic program ?

i did put gas in it the day before. someone in another forum suggested they thought i may have accidently put in e85 gas or something, but i actually take photos of the gas price and gas litres every time i fill up, so it wasnt that (i just filled it with normal 87 octane).

as for the gas cap...i DO hate it. it seems weirdly fiddly and mounts weird. but i do remember checking to make sure the flip-up part was flipping in the right direction (i'm not at the bike right now but i believe it flips AWAY from the steering head). when i encountered the issue roadside though, i did pop the lid off and on to make sure there was no weird suction/vacuum going on in it.

as an update:
well i got a brand new bike haha as of this weekend! turns out flying squirrel had another in stock (they had one that was technically sold, but it became unsold because the buyer wanted an interceptor instead). so thanks to flying squirrel for setting me up.

as for this computer diagnostic program, i don't know anything about that. afaik, flying squirrel couldnt pinpoint the source of the issue and i believe royal enfield north america are just gonna reimburse them. the flying squirrel folk seemed to suggest some tolerance in the manufacturing of the engine might have not been properly met (honestly its out of my technical expertise to make sense of any of it at this point)

As for Royal Enfield North America..I'm still dealing with them on other issues and it sounds like its gonna get a bit rough haha.

Last edited:
Off topic, but anyone know if FS still sells Motul oils? Glen was my go-to guy back when the shop was on Carlaw Ave and I'm happy to see the business grow (specially as a Leslieville resident). I checked the site but see mostly t-shirts, wallets and other apparel for sale.

Off topic, but anyone know if FS still sells Motul oils? Glen was my go-to guy back when the shop was on Carlaw Ave and I'm happy to see the business grow (specially as a Leslieville resident). I checked the site but see mostly t-shirts, wallets and other apparel for sale.

Powersports T.O is a Motul dealer, not far from there.

As with many other supply chain issues this past year its been tough to get Motul.
Repsol, Bel-Ray and Liqui-Moly seem to have easier availability unless you're looking for the 10W50 full synthetic that RE requires - all I could find was Bel-Ray.
BTW - Glen sold the name and has nothing to do with the new location.

Last edited:
As with many other supply chain issues this past year its been tough to get Motul.
Repsol, Bel-Ray and Liqui-Moly seem to have easier availability unless you're looking for the 10W50 full synthetic that RE requires - all I could find was Bel-Ray.
BTW - Glen sold the name and has nothing to do with the new location.

Thanks, I ended up ordering from FortNine.
I didn't realize he sold the name...interesting. I live about 5 minutes from the new location and drive/ride by often. It seems to be doing well.

Back
Top Bottom