New Ontario Blue Licence Plates- Your Opinion? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Ontario Blue Licence Plates- Your Opinion?

Do you like the new Blue Ontario Licence plates?

• Total voters
For the first time, I saw several of the new plates at night a few days ago.

They're fine about 90% of the time. When the light hits them at certain angles, they wash out. Seems to be two different troublesome situations, one from directly behind (the lighting from my car's headlights hits the new plate at a certain angle) and another from off to the side at an angle.

Going back to the old plates. Maybe don't make something as apolitical as a licence plate a political thing, and you can make time for things like testing them in the dark. These ******* idiots, amirite?!

Have been seeing a few of them, theyre okay.

And then i saw one last night, as soon as my headlight hit the plate, the numbers vanished.
Kinda counter-intuitive. It's like they did the opposite of having them be reflective.

They keep talking about cutting costs by avoiding certain types of impact assessments and what not... well that's what happens when you skip a good enough quality control process folks!

Going back to the old plates. Maybe don't make something as apolitical as a licence plate a political thing, and you can make time for things like testing them in the dark. These ******* idiots, amirite?!

Wow. That’s just the icing in the cake.

Classic government screw up.

Wow. That’s just the icing in the cake.

Classic government screw up.
That also mean they were probably sitting on a huge pile of the old plates. In the rush to meet some arbitrary date, they were likely going to warehouse the old ones so we could continue to pay for them forever.

That also mean they were probably sitting on a huge pile of the old plates. In the rush to meet some arbitrary date, they were likely going to warehouse the old ones so we could continue to pay for them forever.
What I read is worse than that the new old plates will have the new slogan. So they scrapped all the old ones and have started making them again.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

So we can probably expect these “old but new pilates” to start peeling in about 6 months

Lol. Ford says they are fixing the problem and there is zero expense to the taxpayers.
Bahahaha, where does he think the money came from? Bufoonery at an extreme level.

He also pitched a hissy fit when the media dared ask him about it instead of the pre-determined "talking points" today.

Because...how dare the media want to actually talk about the complete pooch-screw this has turned out to be. Gasp!

Lets talk about a mining road instead, right?

So I have seen a couple of these plates the past couple of nights. The first one I saw I wasn't sure what I was looking at, because it was so different I thought it might have been a forgien plate from a US state or something. Anyhow looking more closely I figured it was this new blue plate. From what I saw it was totally visiable from a car length away, after that not so much. This was both at night when I saw them. Other then that they seem fine. But something about them makes me think they look "cheap", rather then interesting.

Lol. Ford says they are fixing the problem and there is zero expense to the taxpayers.
Bahahaha, where does he think the money came from? Bufoonery at an extreme level.
He's likely saying that 3M will eat the costs to re design and mfg.

was there no testing FFS?
OPP runs the Province
just had to ask them

this should have been a no-brainer
perfect fit for Premier no-brain

He also pitched a hissy fit when the media dared ask him about it instead of the pre-determined "talking points" today.

Because...how dare the media want to actually talk about the complete pooch-screw this has turned out to be. Gasp!

I saw the clip.

Funny how he said “lets talk about what’s important here“

If the plates are not that important to you. Why the hell did you mess with them?

They were important enough to spend $500k + on the redesign and still **** it up.

Must be the middle of a dreary winter. So much about nothing... the manufacturer has taken ownership for the problem and agreed to fix the plates. We have bigger fish to fry right now -- how about getting the education situation fixed, or maybe get a pathway to riches in the northern Ring.

I'm not trying to defend the premier but the current media scrum around him is starting to behave like CNN and the New York Times -- every meaningless issues gets elevated to a crisis and injected into a revolving news cycle. Are we not done talking about licence plates?

This Queen's Park media room is a Progressive Conservative safe space, fake news journalists do not interact

Started seeing these plates in person while driving, I couldn't read a thing when behind at night. I wonder if these were rolling out for motorcycles too?

Ok so I saw another one of these plates last night and it wasn't visible at all. The lettering wasn't even white, like a shade of light blue. I am thinking this might be one of the older plates, with the problem, if so, that is some really bad approval. Now I take it the other plates I saw were the fixed ones.

There is no “fixed” blue version. They’re all the same. It’s just the angle and certain lighting conditions that’s causing the issue.

Reports are they’re abandoning the blue design and going back to white. Remains to be seen if they’re returning to the old manufacturing process as well (stamped 3D) or are going to just stick a white decal over the new style flat ones.

Back
Top Bottom