My Ridgeline | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Ridgeline

I have a couple.
Looking for a NV200 or Transit connect with around 100K as a spare service vehicle. 2015 or newer, $12K is the budget.

You make me wonder why I keep buying 50K F150's , but so many of my buddies are ex ford plant guys I feel compelled to help top up pensions LOL
You trade them in or sell after?
Thought I might like an F150 one day.
FIL used to work for Ford. We bought a vehicle on the "Z" plan before he passed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Looking for a NV200 or Transit connect with around 100K as a spare service vehicle. 2015 or newer, $12K is the budget.
Sounds ambitious.
It obviously depends on how "loaded" the cars are, the condition and previous use but $12K is not going to get you a creampuff.

That being said, we buy cars from Ford and Nissan dealers all the time, if you want me to get you one, I can.
PM me if interested.

oh man, I'd run from the Nissan NV. Transit is a bit better. Why not just go with chrysler C/V minivan? there are plenty around.

oh man, I'd run from the Nissan NV. Transit is a bit better. Why not just go with chrysler C/V minivan? there are plenty around.
We use light duty city vans. Need to carry 500lbs for payload, be good on gas and Maintenance. Our 2011 Transit connect van is rounding 300k, while it’s still dependable, she’s getting a bit clanky and rusty.

We had a Chrysler CV, too little floor to ceiling. The door hardware wasn’t that durable an WOW do the drink fuel in city driving 50% more than our Fords.

Why not an NV200?

We use light duty city vans. Need to carry 500lbs for payload, be good on gas and Maintenance. Our 2011 Transit connect van is rounding 300k, while it’s still dependable, she’s getting a bit clanky and rusty.

We had a Chrysler CV, too little floor to ceiling. The door hardware wasn’t that durable an WOW do the drink fuel in city driving 50% more than our Fords.

Why not an NV200?

Nissan's entire truck line up is disastrous. From top to bottom. Most un-inspiring and dull vehicles on the market. I'm not even sure why they bother anymore.

they chrysler has 283 ponies to feed from a V6, of course its thirsty.

you may be right about floor to ceiling height. but the Chrysler C/V has 144 cu ft storage vs the smaller Nissans 122

Transit is the best choice for sure overall and for fuel savings. Extended model even better perhaps.

I like the small Ford Transits. Actually considered the passenger version if I buy a 1 series or MX-5...wife's words 'no chance in hell am I driving that box on wheels'.

I like the small Ford Transits. Actually considered the passenger version if I buy a 1 series or MX-5...wife's words 'no chance in hell am I driving that box on wheels'.

You'd be better off with a wagon. The Transits were never really designed for family hauling and are very truck like.

Nissan's entire truck line up is disastrous. From top to bottom. Most un-inspiring and dull vehicles on the market. I'm not even sure why they bother anymore.

they chrysler has 283 ponies to feed from a V6, of course its thirsty.

you may be right about floor to ceiling height. but the Chrysler C/V has 144 cu ft storage vs the smaller Nissans 122

Transit is the best choice for sure. Extended model even better perhaps.
I don’t care about Looks in a work vehicle (remember, I ride a Vstrom).

The NV and Transit owners I have spoken with have all been very satisfied with cost of ownership and dependability. Promaster Fiats. ... not so much.

Fred has a 2006 or 2007 I think . Going on 350k with limited issues . Usual wear tear items . The air went 2 years ago . Then the starter and alternator. He is very happy with the truck .

I don’t care about Looks in a work vehicle (remember, I ride a Vstrom).

The NV and Transit owners I have spoken with have all been very satisfied with cost of ownership and dependability. Promaster Fiats. ... not so much.

Fiat Partsmaster . Hey,,, Tony.... needs mo parts! nuff said.

Last edited:
You'd be better off with a wagon. The Transits were never really designed for family hauling and are very truck like.
True. Too bad there are so few nice wagons out there...BMW 328XI, Volvo V60, VW Sportwagen, Golf Wagon, MB E55 (goregous), AUDI A4....all very expensive but true wagons. Wish we had more options here. Hell even the Accord Wagon in the US is a nice car I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

True. Too bad there are so few nice wagons out there...BMW 328XI, Volvo V60, VW Sportwagen, Golf Wagon, MB E55 (goregous), AUDI A4....all very expensive but true wagons. Wish we had more options here. Hell even the Accord Wagon in the US is a nice car I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.
Sportwagen is much much cheaper that the rest. For a few grand (tune and turbo), 400 hp at the wheels is achievable with good reliability. 400 whp awd wagon makes for a decently fun and useful dd.

Sportwagen is much much cheaper that the rest. For a few grand (tune and turbo), 400 hp at the wheels is achievable with good reliability. 400 whp awd wagon makes for a decently fun and useful dd.
really? I didn't think it'd be that easy....hell this may combine a 'fun' and 'functional' vehicle in one...

. Hell even the Accord Wagon in the US is a nice car I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

Too bad there are so few nice wagons out there...BMW 328XI, Volvo V60, VW Sportwagen, Golf Wagon, MB E55 (goregous), AUDI A4....all very expensive but true wagons. Wish we had more options here. Hell even the Accord Wagon in the US is a nice car I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

Better off and readily available on used market Accord CrossTour "wagon" .

Will be more reliable than the other cars on that list.

Never really got the point of that car...and I'm a Honda fanboy throughout the years. Just seems odd.

Why not an NV200?

CVT. And they have an oddball tire size and load rating.

The old boxy Transit Connect used an engine and hoary old 4 speed automatic from a distant-past Focus. The more stylish newer ones borrow (base non-ecoboost) engine and 6 speed automatic (originally) or 8 speed automatic (new ones) from the Escape.

Wheres the vomit reaction? That thing looked like a steaming turd when it was released and it definitely hasn't improved with age.

Back
Top Bottom