My Ridgeline | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Ridgeline

I'm torn between the NB/NC models. Coming home in a few days so will try and drive both.

The 135 I drove got sold, apparently to a dealer, then I called the dealer...and he sold it as well. FML.

You might be better off getting a later year NA Miata (with the 1.8L) over the NB if you are going to spend the money for a clean one. Clean NA's are entering collector car territory whereas NB's haven't seen the same appreciation. You lose 10hp but its also over 200lbs lighter. I've spent a lot of time in both and they drive very similar.

NC is much more daily driver / tall person friendly. The hardtop option cuts down on driving noise substantially.

@GreyGhost that's the problem with this type of FIFO life...when I see a nice car I can't just go see it. Always need to hope it's during the time I'm home. I try and find some cars I'm interested in and make appts before I leave BC so I'm ready to go see them.

You might be better off getting a later year NA Miata (with the 1.8L) over the NB if you are going to spend the money for a clean one. Clean NA's are entering collector car territory whereas NB's haven't seen the same appreciation. You lose 10hp but its also over 200lbs lighter. I've spent a lot of time in both and they drive very similar.

NC is much more daily driver / tall person friendly. The hardtop option cuts down on driving noise substantially.
Thanks. I'm seeing the prices start lowering again back to pre-summer levels slowly.

I'm torn between the NB/NC models. Coming home in a few days so will try and drive both.

The 135 I drove got sold, apparently to a dealer, then I called the dealer...and he sold it as well. FML.

Get the NB if you fit. LSD is always preferable, and join the local autox/track days and become part of the brotherhood/cult.

Get the NB if you fit. LSD is always preferable, and join the local autox/track days and become part of the brotherhood/cult.
I do like the look of the NB against the NC. Will try and drive them next week when I'm home.

ok, whats NB and NC

also, would you be interested in a mint red 1990 Miata? owned by an older fella, original owner, I believe it has 70k? The thing has never seen snow in all these years, only taken out for summer drives and such.

all orginal, newer tires of course. runs and purrs like a kitten, and paint is mint and recently waxed and polished.

ok, whats NB and NC

also, would you be interested in a mint red 1990 Miata? owned by an older fella, original owner, I believe it has 70k? The thing has never seen snow in all these years, only taken out for summer drives and such.

all orginal, newer tires of course. runs and purrs like a kitten, and paint is mint and recently waxed and polished.

NA, NB, NC, ND are the platform designation. A being the first gen MX5 so on and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ok, whats NB and NC

Sounds like a nice car. Any idea on what they are looking to get out of it?

I’m not really into the pop up headlight design of the first gen. A little too feminine design but, from the steering wheel and knowing it’s a good deal, sometimes it’s easy to over look.

Assuming being red, the interior is black. Not always but, generally that’s what they do.

Do you know if it has A/C?

Many first gen didn’t. Sapped some power but, it’s a nice to have on a long drive and the sun has been just a little too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the look of the NB against the NC. Will try and drive them next week when I'm home.

They're all relatively cramped, but the NB's with the OEM bells and whistles will be (again, relatively) competitive with the 5-10 other miatas when you show up to a random autox/lapping day. Best thing about Miatas (and brz/frs): there's gonna be local camaraderie and competition at any performance driving event. Driving the sole _____ (insert obscure/less relevant sports car here) making laps after laps without a friend to benchmark makes it boring, quickly.

Thanks @MSRP ... I'm actually going to try and set up test drives for next week of the MX-5, Toyaburu twins, a 128, and a 135 that interests me.

My ONLY concern with BMW is the maintenance, the 135 obviously more than the 128...but still.

Or I'll just say F it and buy a 235 as that would meet most of my needs if I can find one within 25k.

The n54/n55's certainly will be more maintenance than the n52, exponentially so if they get high into the miles.
What type of driving represents the 90% of usage for this toy?
Short drives in city? Longer drives?

I can learn to like the n52 with the BMW performance exhaust (loved it actually), but the exhaust noise from the turbo'd motors.. definitely an acquired taste. What do I know though, I *adore* gear driven cams, so don't listen to me too much. The brz boxer motors... /puke.

I think the answer would be a miata with a k20/k24/LS1/rotary swap.. (jk.. partially)
If you find yourself loving the turbo'd motors, do yourself a favor and also test drive the m240/340/440 motored vehicles.. another league in it's own, but personally, I wouldn't bother owning the n54/55 and would rather save up for another 2-3 years for the b58 (I think that's right) motor which is just divine. (but will endanger your license and make you first name basis with a traffic ticket fighter)

@MSRP thanks for that. I wouldn’t go with the N54 due to well documented issues.

N55 is on the radar along with the N52.

got appointments for a 228i, FRS, BRZ and trying to find an NC and NB to drive so I can do a direct comparison.

I’d love the 235/240 but....something something money budget ...

One of the vendor drivers I know, was telling me about residential concrete work. I do not know anything about this. Does anyone know? He said its hard labour but great money by following processes and completing the job.

One of the vendor drivers I know, was telling me about residential concrete work. I do not know anything about this. Does anyone know? He said its hard labour but great money by following processes and completing the job.
@Iceman Drives a concrete truck. Are you thinking about being on the ground or in the truck? On the ground, you have formers, then rebar, then the pour, which part interests you?

Honestly for your attitude, I would think you are a better fit for parging/colouring where you can go out by yourself and makes someone's front step look great for some quick money. Referrals, a bit of hustle and a bit of skill and you should be fine. Not sure how you learn to do the skill well though.

Back
Top Bottom