Marco Muzzo | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Marco Muzzo

its got nothing to do with finances. 21 years ago a friend of mine was beaten to death over a pack of smokes, the 2 guys that did it got sentenced to 10 years and both were out after less than 2 years, both were also broke.
Then our 'justice' system is a joke in every aspect. Those guys should still be sitting in jail. Same as Muzzo.

Then our 'justice' system is a joke in every aspect. Those guys should still be sitting in jail. Same as Muzzo.

I don't like the American prison system where they think they can beat the bad out of someone. IMO it just beats the bad further in. The ideal is to make the convicted into a better person that will not reoffend.

Our system is supposed to rehabilitate the convicted and it does so far better that the USA. That said, extreme acts of cruelty or criminal acts that indicate a psychotic nature may need a different approach.

For murder I kick around the thought of life probation or two weeks a year in prison for life. The victim didn't get to live a normal life did they?

I also think in terms of earning one's freedom by changing, not by serving a minimum time. It's tough as we're experimenting with people's lives.

Revenge is a natural knee jerk reaction but it is destructive.

I don't like the American prison system where they think they can beat the bad out of someone. IMO it just beats the bad further in. The ideal is to make the convicted into a better person that will not reoffend.

Our system is supposed to rehabilitate the convicted and it does so far better that the USA. That said, extreme acts of cruelty or criminal acts that indicate a psychotic nature may need a different approach.

For murder I kick around the thought of life probation or two weeks a year in prison for life. The victim didn't get to live a normal life did they?

I also think in terms of earning one's freedom by changing, not by serving a minimum time. It's tough as we're experimenting with people's lives.

Revenge is a natural knee jerk reaction but it is destructive.
Prison is supposed to be 3 things: 1) a deterrent, 2) a penalty & 3) a system that reforms.

It's supposed to be all three things. While the felony crime rate and length of sentences in the USA is considerably higher than in Canada, Canada's recidivism (rate of returning to prison) is higher that the USA. Based on the success of rehabilitation, the US system functions better than ours.

Yup....I know this is obviously a single example....but these guys will come out changed men...our system is a joke.

Yup....I know this is obviously a single example....but these guys will come out changed men...our system is a joke.

Just like you see on prison shows, prison staff are almost always the conduit for contraband and arbiters of gang privileges and order in prisons.

My friend's daughter entered the prison service after university looking to provide a meaningful contribution to rehabilitating criminals. She left the prison service after a year, the widespread corruptions and dereliction of duties shattered her impression of the system.

Prison is supposed to be 3 things: 1) a deterrent, 2) a penalty & 3) a system that reforms.

It's supposed to be all three things. While the felony crime rate and length of sentences in the USA is considerably higher than in Canada, Canada's recidivism (rate of returning to prison) is higher that the USA. Based on the success of rehabilitation, the US system functions better than ours.

The statistics are complex as each government keeps their statistics differently. The USA is number 3 on the list, Canada 38 but the breakdowns look different. ???

The study seems to be contradictory but with few exceptions the rate seems to be 40% to 50% with a big part of the problem being the inability of the offender to get a job upon release and move on with life.

I am personally connected to two situations, one straight out of Hollywood and the other grim reality.

Grim reality is a distant relative who was a great guy and family man that screwed up big time on one occasion. It would be tempting to say he's done his time and wipe the slate clean. However if that is done a second offence would look like a first offense.

He went from a decent solid job to becoming a roofer. A lot of ex-cons become roofers and landscapers because no one else will hire them. Don't read that as all roofers / landscapers are ex-cons.

The Hollywood story is fantastic but I'm sworn to secrecy due to some vulnerable individuals.

A huge percentage of the prison population had baggage from the day they were born. The key to fixing the problem is intervention before the person commits a crime. Enter thousands of social workers with thousands of hypothetical theories. IMO some social workers belong behind bars.

Punishment / retribution / revenge are normal reactions from the victims but in the long run they do harm (But less than unchecked crime). Unfortunately, until someone invents a brain re-programmer, a degree of punishment is one of the few tools available. Brain re-programming scares me more than crime.

It's shocking how many self-centred and stupid choices MM continues to make. He will do this again for sure.

Convicted drunk driver Marco Muzzo has expressed a wish to move back to the area where the crash that killed four members of the same family occurred nearly six years ago, despite his parole conditions specifically restricting him from doing so.

Parole board members who granted drunk driver Marco Muzzo full parole earlier this month say the desire to move back to northern Vaughan, where he shares a home with his fiancée, would regularly see him pass by a memorial to the four people he killed, and possibly put him in contact with surviving members of the Neville-Lake family.

In a written decision obtained by CTV News, Parole Board of Canada members continued to express reservations about how completely the 34-year-old has accepted the gravity of the pain and loss he caused, and say his desire to move back to Vaughan shows he has “work to do in terms of victim empathy and the effect of your return to the community.”

Since his release, Muzzo has been living north of York Region and renting satellite office space to participate in work at his family’s multiple construction companies, which include Marel Contracting and the Pemberton Group.

He told the parole board he wanted to be allowed to enter York Region to work directly at his family businesses’ main office.

“Your participation was limited by the geographic restrictions imposed by the Board in consideration of victim concerns,” the parole board wrote. “You feel that there are more opportunities for you at the main office, because your colleagues are just down the hall.”

It's shocking how many self-centred and stupid choices MM continues to make. He will do this again for sure.

Convicted drunk driver Marco Muzzo has expressed a wish to move back to the area where the crash that killed four members of the same family occurred nearly six years ago, despite his parole conditions specifically restricting him from doing so.

Parole board members who granted drunk driver Marco Muzzo full parole earlier this month say the desire to move back to northern Vaughan, where he shares a home with his fiancée, would regularly see him pass by a memorial to the four people he killed, and possibly put him in contact with surviving members of the Neville-Lake family.

In a written decision obtained by CTV News, Parole Board of Canada members continued to express reservations about how completely the 34-year-old has accepted the gravity of the pain and loss he caused, and say his desire to move back to Vaughan shows he has “work to do in terms of victim empathy and the effect of your return to the community.”

Since his release, Muzzo has been living north of York Region and renting satellite office space to participate in work at his family’s multiple construction companies, which include Marel Contracting and the Pemberton Group.

He told the parole board he wanted to be allowed to enter York Region to work directly at his family businesses’ main office.

“Your participation was limited by the geographic restrictions imposed by the Board in consideration of victim concerns,” the parole board wrote. “You feel that there are more opportunities for you at the main office, because your colleagues are just down the hall.”
I was running block for someone with PTSD and saw the look on their face when they saw one of their antagonists. Muzzo sounds like a psychopath.

I was running block for someone with PTSD and saw the look on their face when they saw one of their antagonists. Muzzo sounds like a psychopath.
Psychopath is a heavy word. Bernardo and Magnotta fit it perfectly. Muzzo was just VERY stupid.

Psychopath is a heavy word. Bernardo and Magnotta fit it perfectly. Muzzo was just VERY stupid.
I've never met him but from what I have seen, I would lean more towards entitled rich kid than psychopath. He truly does not understand why he can't do whatever he wants without consequences. Hmmm, psychopath and entitled rich kid closely parallel each other. head scratch.

There's no question in my mind the whole MM family sees this as merely an unfortunate, incident that has caused them much angst and unwanted publicity and now that Marco is out, they just want things to get back to normal as quickly as possible. Sure, there were some crocodile tears throughout the process but now that Marco-boy is free and clear, it's a matter of how fast they can put it all behind them and get back to building their empire. I doubt any of the Muzzo family or his fiancee really give much thought to the misery he's caused for the Neville Lake family. It will indeed be interesting to see if he pulls any additional bone-headed moves in future. I would imagine he'll be squeaky clean for a few years at least?

Last edited:
I've never met him but from what I have seen, I would lean more towards entitled rich kid than psychopath. He truly does not understand why he can't do whatever he wants without consequences. Hmmm, psychopath and entitled rich kid closely parallel each other. head scratch.
From what I understand a psychopath is born and a sociopath made. Both are narcissists but theoretically the sociopath has a conscience.

Would a person with a conscience fail to understand the emotions?

Unbelievable and so sad.... "Thanks" for ruining the rest of my day, Marco

right after fathers day...

and of course after reading, turns out marco did 4 years for killing 3 kids and a grandpa
some ******* 'justice system'

Is it a bad thing to say, I wish if he was going to kill himself, he would have offed MM first. Like I know that’s terrible but I feel this wouldn’t feel as bad if he did. And that’s a **** thing to say about anyone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom