Looks like restaurants and gyms reopening next week. What's the road ahead? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looks like restaurants and gyms reopening next week. What's the road ahead?

I personally dont have the space in my basement, ceiling is too low to do full overhead lifts. For martial arts its pretty shetty thats for sure. My daughter's been doing taekwondo for the past 4 years or so and it keeps getting shut down, and zoom classes aren't the same. People into crossfit and the like, often times get that motivation/push/accountability from the "tribe". It's not the same on your own.

As for myself, ive been doing triathlon and in March 2020, i had joined a masters team and was on my way to become quite the efficient swimmer... (going 2-3 times a week for 1.5h workouts) but we all know how that ended, and since my team is linked to UoTM, it's never restarted.

Sure there are public pools but time slots of 45m are kinda crap when you want to train to swim longer than that, and swimming in lake O can only really be done in specific spots if you want to be safe and have relatively clean water. Can't wait to have things open fully again!

I, uh...washed my car yesterday. Manually.

Oh, and picked up my snow shovel that had fallen over in my driveway.

Made a rum and coke on my way to the couch after all that exercise. *whew*

I think I'm stocked up for a few weeks of boozing. Unfortunately with my recent gas issues I'm off the booze for a few weeks to see how it goes. So far so good!
Going non-ethanol is great for motorcycles... I don't think is does a lot for riders.

Get back on the horse.

My home gym is very small. It contains some 330/340ml weights, a few 750ml weights and some 500ml weights too. I lift a few times a day. I’m jacked.
You'll neve get jacked using those girly things.

Step up to the 1.75l big dogs with the ergonomic grip handles (Tito's are the best!)

I, uh...washed my car yesterday. Manually.

Oh, and picked up my snow shovel that had fallen over in my driveway.

Made a rum and coke on my way to the couch after all that exercise. *whew*
I washed mine too. But i use a foam sprayer so half the work involved is is taken care of by the foam.

The rum and coke though, that's a lot of exercises. Lesson in grip strength

At 5'8" and 207lbs without gear I need the gym open asap !

btw. If you want to join a gym consider your local community centre. Its cheaper to join for a year than month to month or 3 months membership because you can quit anytime with small cancellation fee (if any). There is no maintenance fee, no initiation fee, and there is no hassle cancellation. If you quit in middle of the month , you will be credited with the days left over to your credit card. This the case for community centres in Mississauga. Be sure to confirm everything I said.

Nobody “ needs” a gym , just put less in your pie hole would work for most

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
def need both, strength training and cardio have real world gains for sure

Just ask any pro racer

Just ask any pro racer
Less pie more running? Ugh 😫

Strength training (build muscle) is most important. Eating less and cardio less so

Closing gyms is a mistake.
balance is key.

Your heart and lungs disagree.

Holy **** that rhymed

What kind of pie. Just asking.
Very good question.

i enjoy them all. if im gonna have to eat less of any of them then probably coconut cream pie, i can live with less of that!

Very good question.

i enjoy them all. if im gonna have to eat less of any of them then probably coconut cream pie, i can live with less of that!
Bonnie Lous in Floradale North of us has peach pie that is unbelievable.

Bonnie Lous in Floradale North of us has peach pie that is unbelievable.
if i had to pick one i'd go oldschool apple pie with big flakey crust. i'm always cautious in a restaurant when i see it on the menu, had too many of them come back microwaved...turns the dough into a soggy mess. so i usually ask specifically for the oven and it's a better result.

Just ask any pro racer
Still don't need a gym. Very few people have reached a level of fitness where their own body weight is insufficient resistance. If you are one of the few, a few plates and <20 sq ft of open space and you are good for another few years of gains. Gyms are just more comfortable and convenient. They are not needed.

Still don't need a gym. Very few people have reached a level of fitness where their own body weight is insufficient resistance. If you are one of the few, a few plates and <20 sq ft of open space and you are good for another few years of gains. Gyms are just more comfortable and convenient. They are not needed.
I'll never go back to a full gym. My home gym is more than enough that I can use or need.

Sure it's nice to have the gym atmosphere, but I don't have 2-3 hours to deal with it. If I'm lucky I can knock out a workout at lunch time during work hours and then have a free evening with the family.

Not sure what happened but I was able to get up at 5am no issues...now I can barely drag my ass out of bed by 7am. I think the WFH has got me too comfortable.

Only thing I'm missing (kind of) is a kettlebell setup. But those ain't cheap so in no rush. Dip bars would be a nice addition too.

Back
Top Bottom