Looks like restaurants and gyms reopening next week. What's the road ahead? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looks like restaurants and gyms reopening next week. What's the road ahead?

Who cares about gyms anymore? I think by now anyone serious about fitness has their own gym in their own home (I know I do :)).

I just feel sorry for my friends who owns BJJ gym (can't roll with 30ppl in your house) and restaurant for being sick and tired keep closing and opening over and over... I've been buying take out food from my buddy's restaurant not stop - all I can do for him.... Can't help my BJJ friend unfortunately, hope ppl will come back to the mat after it all over...
If the home is big enough for it hahaha
I have a buddy who ordered one of those power rack sets from rogue.

I personally dont have the space in my basement, ceiling is too low to do full overhead lifts. For martial arts its pretty shetty thats for sure. My daughter's been doing taekwondo for the past 4 years or so and it keeps getting shut down, and zoom classes aren't the same. People into crossfit and the like, often times get that motivation/push/accountability from the "tribe". It's not the same on your own.

As for myself, ive been doing triathlon and in March 2020, i had joined a masters team and was on my way to become quite the efficient swimmer... (going 2-3 times a week for 1.5h workouts) but we all know how that ended, and since my team is linked to UoTM, it's never restarted.

Sure there are public pools but time slots of 45m are kinda crap when you want to train to swim longer than that, and swimming in lake O can only really be done in specific spots if you want to be safe and have relatively clean water. Can't wait to have things open fully again!

Sure there are public pools but time slots of 45m are kinda crap when you want to train to swim longer than that, and swimming in lake O can only really be done in specific spots if you want to be safe and have relatively clean water. Can't wait to have things open fully again!
I'd say just swim faster to kick your ass in 45 minutes but triathletes don't work that way. They cruise at ~90% of the speed they can attain in an all out effort.

I love my home gym. Stupid simple and all it includes is:
- Bowflex M7 (which I want to sell but wife doesn't)
- Half-rack squat rack with 250lbs of olympic weights
- Powerblocks 5-55lbs
- Pull-up bar

I'd like to get ropes, and also a plyo-box. My ceiling isn't too high, but I'm 5'7" so I can do overhead lifts no issues, and I can't lift the bar with 45s on each side...so I'm good.

Just need to find a better program, and more time, to see better results. EDIT: And motivation! It's so hard to get started, yet so easy to get stopped.

Last edited:
I love my home gym. Stupid simple and all it includes is:
- Bowflex M7 (which I want to sell but wife doesn't)
- Half-rack squat rack with 250lbs of olympic weights
- Powerblocks 5-55lbs
- Pull-up bar

I'd like to get ropes, and also a plyo-box. My ceiling isn't too high, but I'm 5'7" so I can do overhead lifts no issues, and I can't lift the bar with 45s on each side...so I'm good.

Just need to find a better program, and more time, to see better results.
All burger + limoncello diet. This is the way.

Big Sturgis like motorcycle day in Toronto please

All burger + limoncello diet. This is the way.
I'm done with the Limoncello and Grapefruicello until the spring. Way too much sugar, and as I mentioned my recent gastro / gas issues have scared the hell out of me.

Just waiting for my doctor consultation at 2pm today.

My largest issue is cardio...need to work on that the most...and the gut...

I'm done with the Limoncello and Grapefruicello until the spring. Way too much sugar, and as I mentioned my recent gastro / gas issues have scared the hell out of me.

Just waiting for my doctor consultation at 2pm today.

Otherwise we'll enter the "more at risk" category for covid! I'm in the same boat... i havent been able to get motivated lol

Gyms had to be one of the hands-down worst places for potential spread. People weren’t wearing masks when they were supposed to, everybody’s breathing heavy, and a not small portion of people were using fake passports to get in to begin with - it seems a not inconsequential percentage of the hard core fitness junkies are on the antivax bandwagon.
Plus.... It's January. All the iwannabefit too people are in there with the flabby stuff

Those are my favourite people....typically the best fitness gear for cheap in February.
Jan shutdown probably kills gyms profitability for a year as they missed out on all of the new years resolution sign up and then don't visit. When they reopen they will be stuck with the people that actually show up. The last I heard, if everyone that paid for a gym showed up it would be ridiculous (they expect something like 1/10 to show up every week).

We follow each other on strava, he wasnt active from october until yesterday! so he's still alive :)
Well that's good news that he's alive then! Thanks for the update. I think a few of the members here were a bit worried. We are a community after all. Differing personalities and viewpoints notwithstanding.

Couple of things to put this in context…

Senior health official Johnathan van Tam recently left his post to go back to academia. He is a professor of infectious diseases and was the UK FaucI.

Boris Johnson is currently mired in a fight for his job and needs big distractions and big wins.

Not saying this is a totally bad move, but it needs context.

I def noticed in addition to general quality of life benefits, physical fitness def improves riding stamina too (more noticeable on a cramped supersport, but probably applies to all bikes as well)

I Should probably start running too in preparation for riding season

physical fitness def improves riding stamina too

I'm anything but fit and can still pull off an Iron But, so by that logic, if I actually got fit I should be able to ride to Australia or somewhere thereabouts lol.

Back
Top Bottom