Looks like restaurants and gyms reopening next week. What's the road ahead? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looks like restaurants and gyms reopening next week. What's the road ahead?

Doesn't the TBM go through a bunch of teeth? Used TBM teeth would be a cool gym addition.
It does. Teeth are anywhere from 50-75lbs depending on wear. And the discs are 150-300lbs depending on size and setup. Seen a guy pick up a disc like it was nothing, meanwhile I can barely move it from it's resting place.

It does. Teeth are anywhere from 50-75lbs depending on wear. And the discs are 150-300lbs depending on size and setup. Seen a guy pick up a disc like it was nothing, meanwhile I can barely move it from it's resting place.
Sounds like a good assortment of weights and they come with a cool backstory.

It is right to plan for normality if science and the facts says so. I don’t actually think we are at that point yet but it’s probably close. We are behind some other countries in time in terms of cases and infections and they aren’t planning for normality yet.
I'm two weeks behind your comment and places are opening with restrictions. However it amuses me that a lot of people are Covid copying the diet achievement pattern. "I can't wait to lose the XX pounds so I can get back to pigging out like I used to". Rinse, repeat.

Hopefully the new COVID-19 antiviral pill will perform as well in the real world as it did in the trials, and prevent mild to medium symptoms from becoming serious.
So what will this do for the jab rate?

"Hey, you can take a pill now instead of the needle."

"Don't worry. There is a pill that CURES you. I think it's a disinfectant that they shine a light on."

As someone said, they'll trust a new pill but not the vaccine that's been proving itself for a year or so. I forget the first jab date.

So what will this do for the jab rate?

"Hey, you can take a pill now instead of the needle."

"Don't worry. There is a pill that CURES you. I think it's a disinfectant that they shine a light on."
OHIP doesn't cover every medication. They could choose not to cover the pill. I'm not saying that's a great plan but there is precedent for it. Free needle or user-pay pills, feel free to make your own decision. Sadly, very few will choose to pay for the pills as you need to take them very early on before things get bad.

Pill or Jab...the people that don't believe in it will not go for it. Pay or not. We've seen that you can't argue against people's strong beliefs.

no it actually wasn't . How do you close a library, diner, arena and leave gyms open ? because everyone in the changeroom would shower with a paper mask ?

everyone that had "thier" fun place closed was sour. suck it up , it was a couple weeks
Most of the places that got shut down were entertainment venues for a lot of clients.

How many people eat in restaurants because they have no other source of food or the means to prepare it?

Me, many years ago living in a rented room. I could have survived on takeout but sitting in a room eating out of a cardboard box is pretty low.

Arenas are where you go to watch millionaires play sports. TV shows the same game. Years back I was watching a Jays game from a Skybox while snacking on stuff far better than hot dogs. I could see the action better on the monitor.

A home gym, a mat and some weights, push-ups etc will not train you for anything near competitive levels but will remind you how much you have to work to offset that donut.

How did our ancestors survive when there wasn't a Timmies on every corner, a gym in every mall or a diner every block?

Simple. They socialized face to face. That has been cut off as well.

How did our ancestors survive when there wasn't a Timmies on every corner, a gym in every mall or a diner every block?

Simple. They socialized face to face. That has been cut off as well.
Remove processed sugar and fat and actually hunt/gather your food and you don't need gyms. You are either in good enough shape to get the job done, you have control over someone who is or you don't survive.

I wonder if this will be similar to last year where we opened for like 3 weeks in March and then closed again for 3 months due to rising ICU numbers. We're only ~130 ICU spots away from last year's peak.
You would have to talk to someone about 90 years old or more and from Europe to get a perspective. They went through the blitz, rationing, farm labour, concentration camps, POW camps, labour camps, displaced persons camps, saw starvation, deprivation and degradation.

I wonder how many of them would be concerned about not being able to get a Starbucks latte?

Unfortunately we are not used to those hardships and my shrink friend agrees that people can't tolerate another full lockdown.

Who will win, the wide open Florida types or more restrictive area? Financially I think Florida will come out ahead in the money count but what about concern for humanity?

You would have to talk to someone about 90 years old or more and from Europe to get a perspective. They went through the blitz, rationing, farm labour, concentration camps, POW camps, labour camps, displaced persons camps, saw starvation, deprivation and degradation.

I wonder how many of them would be concerned about not being able to get a Starbucks latte?

Unfortunately we are not used to those hardships and my shrink friend agrees that people can't tolerate another full lockdown.

Who will win, the wide open Florida types or more restrictive area? Financially I think Florida will come out ahead in the money count but what about concern for humanity?
With private health care, Florida pulls even further ahead. The more hospital days required, the more money flows in from out of state. With public health care, hospital days are a drain not a windfall.

Who cares about gyms anymore? I think by now anyone serious about fitness has their own gym in their own home (I know I do :)).

I just feel sorry for my friends who owns BJJ gym (can't roll with 30ppl in your house) and restaurant for being sick and tired keep closing and opening over and over... I've been buying take out food from my buddy's restaurant not stop - all I can do for him.... Can't help my BJJ friend unfortunately, hope ppl will come back to the mat after it all over...
A friend lives in a very nice condo and we were talking about Costco. He said he doesn't have a place to store a bale of toilet paper never mind a gym. The number of people in tight quarters is a big part of the problem.

A lot of the single family houses in Parkdale that you could buy in the 1960's for under $20 K are now around $2 Million and have been converted to three or four apartments. The dining "Room" is a TV table.

OHIP doesn't cover every medication. They could choose not to cover the pill. I'm not saying that's a great plan but there is precedent for it. Free needle or user-pay pills, feel free to make your own decision. Sadly, very few will choose to pay for the pills as you need to take them very early on before things get bad.
Free pill with every three jabs.

A friend lives in a very nice condo and we were talking about Costco. He said he doesn't have a place to store a bale of toilet paper never mind a gym. The number of people in tight quarters is a big part of the problem.

A lot of the single family houses in Parkdale that you could buy in the 1960's for under $20 K are now around $2 Million and have been converted to three or four apartments. The dining "Room" is a TV table.
Back to a few plates and the backyard/park. Almost no storage space required. Thousands of workout possibilities. Hardy constitution required as the weather will often be a larger battle than the weight.

Weather will be getting warmer soon. Once that happens I'd say let's open up a few COVID field hospitals for the infected to go to.

This will keep the main hospitals more open to allow for the massive surgery backlog to come back.

Unfortunately this does not solve the issue of staffing...but throw more money at the problem and people will be found. Expedite the process to have a single experienced nurse overlooking 5 younger/less experienced nurses.

Doug's got billions in the bank for such a purpose.

Back to a few plates and the backyard/park. Almost no storage space required. Thousands of workout possibilities. Hardy constitution required as the weather will often be a larger battle than the weight.
Micro work outs.
Shopping mall: Park as far from the doors as possible.
Apartment: Skip the elevator and take the stairs.

Throw out all your labour saving devices.

Walk or cycle to the gym and back instead of driving. You don't even have to go in.

Back
Top Bottom