Looking for some fitness guidance | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for some fitness guidance

Finally hit a new PR in bench press! Body weight with the 5X5 program.

5x174 x 5

Since I weight 172-176 depending on that morning's bowel movement...I'm happy.

Finally hit a new PR in bench press! Body weight with the 5X5 program.

5x174 x 5

Since I weight 172-176 depending on that morning's bowel movement...I'm happy.

If you are truly following the 5x5 program as it was meant to be done... You should not be into heavy weights... or setting PRs... yet.

If you are truly following the 5x5 program as it was meant to be done... You should not be into heavy weights... or setting PRs... yet.
Looked at the numbers pre-surgery and adjusted them down to restart.

Kept adding 10lbs / session and here we are. I’ll see if I can hit 200lbs soon but will most likely need to drop the increase to 5lbs/session.

Looked at the numbers pre-surgery and adjusted them down to restart.

Kept adding 10lbs / session and here we are. I’ll see if I can hit 200lbs soon but will most likely need to drop the increase to 5lbs/session.

5x5 has you starting with little to no weight.. just the bar...
Did you do any reading by Mark Rippletoe?

5x5 has you starting with little to no weight.. just the bar...
Did you do any reading by Mark Rippletoe?
Been a while since I read that book need to find it again.

I just started up where I left off as I’m not starting from scratch. I just wanted to get the body used to lifting again and I’m trying to find a program that’ll suit me and not bore me to tears again.

Been a while since I read that book need to find it again.

I just started up where I left off as I’m not starting from scratch. I just wanted to get the body used to lifting again and I’m trying to find a program that’ll suit me and not bore me to tears again.
Sadly some of the best programs are the most boring ones. It's just about showing up and getting incrementally better than the last time. The excitement is in the improvement over time (without injury ideally lol)

I
Sadly some of the best programs are the most boring ones. It's just about showing up and getting incrementally better than the last time. The excitement is in the improvement over time (without injury ideally lol)
I usually migrate to the tried and true PPL program as I find it straightforward and see results.

Then I stall.

And then get frustrated and stop.

It’s the stalling I need to get over and try out a new program.

Man, i won't post my bench press weights, definitely the weaker aspect of my workouts.

I watch some of these guys and they dont "look" that big or strong, and blow my mind watching them lift 2 and 3+ plates with ease.

Man, i won't post my bench press weights, definitely the weaker aspect of my workouts.

I watch some of these guys and they dont "look" that big or strong, and blow my mind watching them lift 2 and 3+ plates with ease.
what are these plates you think of? i eat from them and would gladly have 2 or 3 of them.

what are these plates you think of? i eat from them and would gladly have 2 or 3 of them.
He must mean ice cream sandwiches...I can pound those down like nobody's business...

and hence why I'm fat :(

Damnit...finally hit my bench limit...

204lbs. Tried 5 sets and did:
204/5 204/5 204/4 204/2 204/1

Was really hoping to crack a 204x5x5

683C5CD6-12BD-4344-89A1-CB3F7F00CC6F.jpeg
After 20yrs of going to the gym daily and now transitioned to a home-gym I’ve missed having a leg press. It took Treadmill Factory 3.5 weeks to get off their butts to finally send it to me but now that we have it I can give it a thumbs up and recommend it to anyone interested in one. At 37x77” it isn’t huge but doesn’t feel small or cheap either and is very smooth (need to purchase more plates but with 500lbs it feels just like a commercial gym piece).
In hindsight we should have made our home gym area bigger when building as we now have this press along with a cross trainer and treadmill in carpeted area so eventually we’ll change the flooring to expand gym area.

Each morning the Squeeze and I linger in bed knowing as soon as were up it's time for exercises.

View attachment 59247
After 20yrs of going to the gym daily and now transitioned to a home-gym I’ve missed having a leg press. It took Treadmill Factory 3.5 weeks to get off their butts to finally send it to me but now that we have it I can give it a thumbs up and recommend it to anyone interested in one. At 37x77” it isn’t huge but doesn’t feel small or cheap either and is very smooth (need to purchase more plates but with 500lbs it feels just like a commercial gym piece).
In hindsight we should have made our home gym area bigger when building as we now have this press along with a cross trainer and treadmill in carpeted area so eventually we’ll change the flooring to expand gym area.
You also have a massive house to fit it in!

If my MIL wasn’t living with us I’d make her room my office until the kids get older, and keep the gym downstairs in the small space it currently now shares with my office.

Only piece of equipment I’m looking for to complete my gym is a plyo box, and one of those standalone lat pull-down machines that can be loaded with plates.

Need to convince the wife to sell that Max Trainer though. Expensive coat rack.

man at 140-145lbs body weight, I can only look at some big numbers and dream.
I'm using this interestingly modified plan, only doing the big 4 lifts with a lot of weight with min reps and accessories if time allows.
5x3, 3x4, 3x3, 1x3 - last rep on the singles you try to do more and if you can, you go up in weight next cycle. my simple goal is to improve my maxes and get to the 1000lbs club so this is geared towards that.

very nice @Hardwrkr13 no space in current place but next house I hope to have more than just a rack n bench also. I am jealous.

man at 140-145lbs body weight, I can only look at some big numbers and dream.
I'm using this interestingly modified plan, only doing the big 4 lifts with a lot of weight with min reps and accessories if time allows.
5x3, 3x4, 3x3, 1x3 - last rep on the singles you try to do more and if you can, you go up in weight next cycle. my simple goal is to improve my maxes and get to the 1000lbs club so this is geared towards that.

very nice @Hardwrkr13 no space in current place but next house I hope to have more than just a rack n bench also. I am jealous.
This is my tiny home gym, and I can do like 95% of what I need.

C5E55F40-776A-452F-B07B-0130E5AA1138.jpeg

I’m looking for the lat pull-down machine as I can fit it in the space, but for now I’m using this cheap pulley system. Not great, but it works and swings the weights.

9941E93C-EA6B-43F7-B02B-BD993BD133F0.jpeg

I weight 180 +/- depending on the day, and I just did 3 sets of 8 of 194lbs.

Very happy with that.

204 in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom