Like watches? post a pic of your watch, and a pic of your favourite watch | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Like watches? post a pic of your watch, and a pic of your favourite watch

And they're automatic? Looks pretty good for the price.

What do they mean by:
Average term of service 10 years?

The one I got is automatic and most of them are, as well. If it's anything else, it'll say so on the product page. These Vostoks are designed to meet all the specs with zero maintenance for 10 years. After that, you can buy an entire movement for the price of an Omega main spring or a new watch for $20 extra. Don't ask how much the 5 year service for my Omega will run me... My *** is hurting just thinking about it lol

I just bought 2. Dick :)

Lol noice! They are addictive.. Will have to pace myself as i got some major expenses coming up, but I will look at some of their other toys.. Even thinking of getting a higher end Vostok Europe, but I'd really like to try them on first. What looks good on a webpage doesn't necessarily look good on my wrist. Easy enough to take a chance on a $60 watch, but not so much on a $600 watch.

2ilej5c.jpg

I like Seiko 5's for good inexpensive automatic watches. Citizen ecodrive for just plain good looking, good value, no upkeep things, and casio protreks for gadgety watches. The casio is pretty good for predicting how ****** the weather is going to be a few h from now too.

Edit: Also I'm not ashamed to say I don't mind the occasional high end chinese fake. Some of them are pretty good, will get a Tag Monaco copy next (doesn't actually say Tag on it but the look is identical (so a homage rather than a direct replica) and the watches are good quality according to watch forums, I need to find the manufacturer website and I'll post it).

Last edited:
I have a basic citizen ecodrive since 2002. Still running... Haven't missed a beat & is dead reliable.

I also have an ecodrive perpetual calendar. Its a mechanical marvel

I also own 2 Ecodrives! One is from about 2006-7, it is a square face and has the moon phase on it.

Looks just like this one... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Citizen-Cal...r-Tone-Mens-Watch-FREE-SHIPPING-/151470562375

Then I got my perpetual calendar one almost 1 year ago. I agree, it is a mechanical marvel. I got it in favor of the Tissot T-Touch.

This is what it looks like... http://cdn.watchshop.com/profiler/thumb_cache/zoom/99937896_v_1355937332.jpg

for anybody unfamiliar, you pull the crown out and change the setting it is on... IE, put it on Alarm... and then the hands of the watch start flying around until it gets to the alarm time... you set the alarm, then put it back to time, and the hands move back to the time. Basically an analog version of a digital watch.

I also own 2 Ecodrives! One is from about 2006-7, it is a square face and has the moon phase on it.

Looks just like this one... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Citizen-Cal...r-Tone-Mens-Watch-FREE-SHIPPING-/151470562375

Then I got my perpetual calendar one almost 1 year ago. I agree, it is a mechanical marvel. I got it in favor of the Tissot T-Touch.

This is what it looks like... http://cdn.watchshop.com/profiler/thumb_cache/zoom/99937896_v_1355937332.jpg

for anybody unfamiliar, you pull the crown out and change the setting it is on... IE, put it on Alarm... and then the hands of the watch start flying around until it gets to the alarm time... you set the alarm, then put it back to time, and the hands move back to the time. Basically an analog version of a digital watch.
I remember the calibre. Not what I was looking for, but to each their own.

I also have a Tissot t-touch. I like the fact that it is touch, but hated that I have to open it every 2 yrs.

I love the fact that my perpetual C would go to sleep to conserve battery & the moment it is exposed to light it miraculously kicks itself to find the correct time. The hands runs around like busy bees while doing that.

My next watch might be a swiss automatic. I hope I'm not disappointed. I heard they are not that accurate

You will never get uber-accurate with automatics. Even Swiss will give you 10s per day at best.

Your counting 86,400 seconds per day so if your 99.9% accurate you could be off by a minute in 24hrs. A certified chronometer should give you -4/+6 per day and most mechanicals will fall close to this. A quartz may or may not be better, I wear a timex ironman digital when I go boat racing and its able to measure to the second at least as well and easier to operate the certified swiss crono I have. My Rotary, Tissot and Brietling all tell time, so does my phone and handheld GPS. Actually the GPS is probably the most accurate. If you need accuracy beyond 10 seconds a day and your not an astronaut or navigator you might just need t breath more.

and now I find I'm ordering a Russian submariners watch off that link Firestarter posted. .......

You missed the smiley? Seriously? Firestarter took it as intended so no harm, no foul.

I'm heavily offended and require satisfaction in the form of large steak burrito, the works, no cilantro, no jalapenos, no lettuce, 2 dots of hot sauce :cool:

My citizen loses/gains 20s per year lol.

I'm anal

I love those crazy expensive two years to produce handmade marvels but I could never afford to indulge to that level. I top out at Tag and Brietling, lower end Brietlings and usually bought used.
I was in a shop selling diamond crusted Rolex watches at 30-50k, I asked how many of these thing can you sell in Toronto. Guy replied "well the doors are open and the lights are on so...."
Dude with a 125k watch probably lives in a condo, looser.....

I love those crazy expensive two years to produce handmade marvels but I could never afford to indulge to that level. I top out at Tag and Brietling, lower end Brietlings and usually bought used.
I was in a shop selling diamond crusted Rolex watches at 30-50k, I asked how many of these thing can you sell in Toronto. Guy replied "well the doors are open and the lights are on so...."
I've seen condos advertised as a "value" at $4 million in Toronto...

Yeh I don't see the sense unless you want to show off to the guys. I highly doubt women would even know what watch you wear.

When I was in Vegas I was looking around & saw a Franck Muller for 200k, I couldn't believe my eyes. I wanted to grab & dash, lol. They even trust me to try it on.

Yeh I don't see the sense unless you want to show off to the guys. I highly doubt women would even know what watch you wear.

When I was in Vegas I was looking around & saw a Franck Muller for 200k, I couldn't believe my eyes. I wanted to grab & dash, lol. They even trust me to try it on.

On those rare occasions when I've hit higher-end clubs, I've noticed that 90% of women would move their eyes in the following sequence: watch, belt, shoes. Then they'd look you in the eyes if they liked what they saw. Didn't diminish my chances but I have the rare gift of "I don't give a flyin' ****" that really helps with the numbers :cool:

On those rare occasions when I've hit higher-end clubs, I've noticed that 90% of women would move their eyes in the following sequence: watch, belt, shoes. Then they'd look you in the eyes if they liked what they saw. Didn't diminish my chances but I have the rare gift of "I don't give a flyin' ****" that really helps with the numbers :cool:
How would you know? Maybe they're just watching to see what you wear, but doesn't even know if you're wearing a citizen or Rolex

How would you know? Maybe they're just watching to see what you wear, but doesn't even know if you're wearing a citizen or Rolex

Those types know how to sniff out money.. Trust me, they know :cool:

Back
Top Bottom