Like watches? post a pic of your watch, and a pic of your favourite watch | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Like watches? post a pic of your watch, and a pic of your favourite watch

Renboy - I talked with my fiend last night, about what you were after. Turns out, he has one of each, an automatic and a quartz (battery). I got the ladies version of the quartz one he has, for my daughter - it's a Gucci (Swiss movement) and is as accurate as my TAG (picks up slightly less than a second a week). The face is square and the case is closer to a rectangle - tasteful style (not gaudy and definitely not a "brick") - stainless case and band. $500 (It retails for something over a grand). He also has an automatic, also Gucci, also Swiss movement. I haven't seen it personally, but he says it's very similar in style, to the other one. I told him about your "brick" comment and he assured me that it's definitely not. It would set you back $550 - it also retails for well north of a grand. He said that you can expect similar accuracy, to my Omega (few seconds a week, fast or slow). Seems I was off in the "cleaning schedule" - he says every five years is best. When he did my Omega, it was a couple hundred bucks and that's what the jewelers pay him - they obviously tack on "a little something" for their troubles. Anyhow, if you're interested, you can come down and look at them and talk to him, before you make up your mind.
Send me an e-mail and we can sort out a time that works for both of you.
d.tait@bell.net

Hahaha, wife is going to kill me if I get a Gucci watch and she doesn't. Wait, Gucci makes watches for guys?

Ya' - they do both. He has more of the ladies watches, than the men's - with the coin you're saving on this one, you could get one for the wife too. Both my daughters have watches from him - - - and I'm a cheap pri - -.

Renboy - I have a friend (European trained, watch repair guy) who has seems to have a lot of knowledge on all sorts of watches. I learned from him, if you want ultimate accuracy, you have to get one with a quartz accurized movement. He did a cleaning of my Omega Constellation (automatic) and I was kinda' disappointed in it's inability to even get close, to my 35 year old Seiko (it runs about a second fast, every week). The Omega can run fast or slow, by a few seconds a day - not a big deal, but if you want ultimate accuracy, it seems that an automatic, or any "wind up watch", will not match the quartz movement, even though they are more expensive to make. Additionally, someone will have to open it - every 7-10 years, for cleaning and lubrication, sometimes more often, depending on how much it's worn and where you're wearing it. Done properly, it's a day long job, as it's completely disassembled, cleaned, any necessary repairs made, lubricated and put back together.
Whoever replaced the battery on your Movado, should have checked the gasket, before putting the cover back, gaskets are a wear item.
If you're interested, I can give him your "list" and see what he can come up with. My last watch was an $1800 TAG, that he got for me, for half of that. Only issue for you is, he's in Whitby. You'd have to decide if saving a few hundred bucks, is worth the trip.

I wear a citizen for my daily. It claims to maintain +/– 20 secs per year. Really love the fact that when changing daylight savings, my watch is still accurate to the minute.

My bro has an Oris, not accurate at all

Out of all the watches posted, this by far is the most useful... no joke.

This casio calculator watch is the one I wore to junior middle school when I was 12 years old. Great memories, how old is it?

Some necromancy.. My latest piece... 31 jewel autowinder, 1960's Soviet technology, superb elegant engineering, good down to 200m, about 190m deeper than I've ever gone :cool:
25943iT.jpg

Watch and camera

8783c4f68d69e51d8c39d3fc15e3719f.jpg

Looking good... I might get myself a pocket watch at some point.. I have a carabiner clip watch but it's quartz-movement so I haven't used it in over a decade.

Some necromancy.. My latest piece... 31 jewel autowinder, 1960's Soviet technology, superb elegant engineering, good down to 200m, about 190m deeper than I've ever gone :cool:
25943iT.jpg
What brand is that?

What brand is that?

Vostok.. Just google "meranom watches" - they have lots of classic Vostoks, plus higher-end Vostok Europe and a bunch of others. Mine was in the $60-70 ballpark.

Vostok.. Just google "meranom watches" - they have lots of classic Vostoks, plus higher-end Vostok Europe and a bunch of others. Mine was in the $60-70 ballpark.
And they're automatic? Looks pretty good for the price.

What do they mean by:
Average term of service 10 years?

My friends selling this

5decaad1f19e6ea6bc02cee4cf7ba366.jpg

82b3026584be81969b5325f641adc3a9.jpg

3a5ec526a94e63100f1bb863d90f805a.jpg

Mint condition, bad break up..wedding bills to pay for a marriage that's not gonna happen ..tmi?

Pm me if interested

I had a bad experience with Tissot

My Tissot gave out - so I bought Citizen Eco-Drive (basic chrono) for daily wear... I was always into Swiss only, but this thing is pretty cool in a way that I don't have to worry about it at all... It grew on me :)

I'm now shopping for Oyster Perpetual...

I got a Citizen Eco-Drive watch a couple of years ago. It's my only wristwatch.

29dc702d3a296b2dbe328e39553429c5.jpg

My Tissot gave out - so I bought Citizen Eco-Drive (basic chrono) for daily wear... I was always into Swiss only, but this thing is pretty cool in a way that I don't have to worry about it at all... It grew on me :)

I'm now shopping for Oyster Perpetual...
I have a basic citizen ecodrive since 2002. Still running... Haven't missed a beat & is dead reliable.

I also have an ecodrive perpetual calendar. Its a mechanical marvel

Back
Top Bottom