Like watches? post a pic of your watch, and a pic of your favourite watch | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Like watches? post a pic of your watch, and a pic of your favourite watch

My Tissot
IMG00407-20120106-1205.jpg

IMG00408-20120106-1206.jpg

IMG00424-20120106-1214.jpg

IMG00674-20120310-2210.jpg

IMG00418-20120106-1211.jpg

That my friend is a nice watch ;).

My fave watch is a Seiko 5 automatic that I have in for repair right now. See through back and usually a great mechanism. You don't have to pay a lot for a decent mechanism. I kind of collect watches, I have about 10 or so but none of them are over a couple of hundred dollars. Along with the Seiko another favourite is a Citizen Eco Drive watch, love the solar powered watches.

My dad had a seiko for 12 yrs. It was really reliable. He swears by seiko.

I've had my citizen eco drive since 2002. It never stopped a beat. Accurate to 20 secs/yr. Its never run out of charge. It can go uncharged for 6mths. This is my daily wearer.

I have a Citizen chrono (perpetual calender) who would go to sleep when there is no light & miraculously find the right time when exposed to light. Its not expensive but one of my favourites.

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Well I bought it. It's a beautiful timepiece and when the zombie apocalypse hits you'll all be searching for batteries, while I just wind this thing up.

Attachments

• Q1290156.jpg
    Q1290156.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 61
Well I bought it. It's a beautiful timepiece and when the zombie apocalypse hits you'll all be searching for batteries, while I just wind this thing up.

My next watch is gonna be mechanical, plus I have 2 citizens that work off the sun. I can still tell time

Negative. =P mine also winds.

i have a watch i was thinking of selling it has never been worn.

can anyone suggest a value or any kind of info ?

i was given it about 8-10 years ago
watch_zps7edc25ae.jpg

I have an ESQ that I have had for ages and a citizen watch of my dads but this is pretty much all I wear.
pepsi-04.jpg
Seiko SKX009 - cheap reliable and its an automatic that I think is kind of cool

Last edited:
I'm a Nixon 51-30 (Gunship) guy; they're rare and unique to the owner. I'd post a photo but am too lazy to learn how.

The coolest watch ever. If I had $25k to drop it'd be this...

http://www.devonworks.com/

Enjoy, fellas!

Need help finding my next watch. My previous (now dead) watch was a Movado Eliro and I loved it for over 10 years. However, it's going to cost more to fix than the watch is now worth. So it's time to move on.
What I want:
rectangle/square face
automatic
as thin a bezel as possible (I have no desire to strap a brick to my wrist)
simple/clean design
Under $1000 (preferably)
Don't care who makes it, or where it's made as long as it keeps time accurately

Essentially what I want is the same watch except automatic. I don't want to ever have to open it. The last time the battery was replaced moisture started getting in and eventually killed it.

Renboy - I have a friend (European trained, watch repair guy) who has seems to have a lot of knowledge on all sorts of watches. I learned from him, if you want ultimate accuracy, you have to get one with a quartz accurized movement. He did a cleaning of my Omega Constellation (automatic) and I was kinda' disappointed in it's inability to even get close, to my 35 year old Seiko (it runs about a second fast, every week). The Omega can run fast or slow, by a few seconds a day - not a big deal, but if you want ultimate accuracy, it seems that an automatic, or any "wind up watch", will not match the quartz movement, even though they are more expensive to make. Additionally, someone will have to open it - every 7-10 years, for cleaning and lubrication, sometimes more often, depending on how much it's worn and where you're wearing it. Done properly, it's a day long job, as it's completely disassembled, cleaned, any necessary repairs made, lubricated and put back together.
Whoever replaced the battery on your Movado, should have checked the gasket, before putting the cover back, gaskets are a wear item.
If you're interested, I can give him your "list" and see what he can come up with. My last watch was an $1800 TAG, that he got for me, for half of that. Only issue for you is, he's in Whitby. You'd have to decide if saving a few hundred bucks, is worth the trip.

Thanks Doug, much appreciated. Yes please give him that list, I have no problem going for a 3 hour ride for free, let alone to save hundreds. As for accuracy, if it's off by a few seconds a day/week, I can live with that, but if it's off by a minute a day, that will annoy me. I would rather have the automatic because when I have a watch that works, I generally don't take it off. And I would rather have it cleaned, gaskets replaced and pressure tested once every 10 years, than to have the battery replaced every other year and worry about a crappy job leading to moisture problems.

Let me know what he comes up with.

Renboy - I have a friend (European trained, watch repair guy) who has seems to have a lot of knowledge on all sorts of watches. I learned from him, if you want ultimate accuracy, you have to get one with a quartz accurized movement. He did a cleaning of my Omega Constellation (automatic) and I was kinda' disappointed in it's inability to even get close, to my 35 year old Seiko (it runs about a second fast, every week). The Omega can run fast or slow, by a few seconds a day - not a big deal, but if you want ultimate accuracy, it seems that an automatic, or any "wind up watch", will not match the quartz movement, even though they are more expensive to make. Additionally, someone will have to open it - every 7-10 years, for cleaning and lubrication, sometimes more often, depending on how much it's worn and where you're wearing it. Done properly, it's a day long job, as it's completely disassembled, cleaned, any necessary repairs made, lubricated and put back together.
Whoever replaced the battery on your Movado, should have checked the gasket, before putting the cover back, gaskets are a wear item.
If you're interested, I can give him your "list" and see what he can come up with. My last watch was an $1800 TAG, that he got for me, for half of that. Only issue for you is, he's in Whitby. You'd have to decide if saving a few hundred bucks, is worth the trip.

Back
Top Bottom