Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 228 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 54 50.0%

• Total voters
Some people might be familiar with the Discovery Channel show "Heavy Rescue 401".

Oops.

If 7 got caught there are quite a few more in on it or at least knew. Time for a major housecleaning at the opp.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

Sorry for the facebook link. As always, the video doesn't show what led up to the altercation but there is a version of the story in the description.

TL: DW Barrie police beat the crap out of a teenager for skateboarding on the road (or more likely not respecting his authority)

Edit:

Barrie police provided a non-update (we are aware of video and investigating). Afaik, kid did not receive serious injuries so for better or worse, siu will probably have no involvement.

Last edited:
Just saw the video. Long time ago I wanted to be a cop. Today I have zero respect for them. Sure there’s some good ones but they don’t do anything about the bad ones so I just lump them in the same pile.
Barrie police have asked an external agency to investigate. With the video, there is no way to suppress this garbage. The really sad thing is that without the video being widely circulated, this would have been wrapped up already with no action taken. They should hold themselves to a higher standard instead of being focused on protecting every idiot in blue.

That's what happens when you ask cops to do the job of a social worker.
That was NOT a cop situation. The police are NOT prepared for this situation. This is what "defund the police" is all about.

It's telling when the female officer that sprays the youngin' is asked the girls name, she says she doesn't know her name.
If you are trying to de-escalate a situation one of the FIRST thing you NEED to know is their name, so you can address them by name. Addressing someone by name goes a LONG way. ANYONE with children know this, and it's one of the first things taught in de-escalation.
After you know their name, you would engage them in conversation, to ask what the problem is, to give validity to their claims, let them explain their outburst.
There was none of that, I hear "get in the car before we spray you".
The kid was 9 years old. She didn't understand the threat (she does NOW). You might as well tell the kid if she didn't get in the car she would be charged a 3% surcharge on her first mortgage.

Cop doing cop things. Nothing new here.

A good samaritan was locked up and the real culprit was roaming freely for nearly a week. This was potentially putting other police officers at risk.

Cops bullet killed the baby in port perry shooting
Just heard this on the radio... wonder if they will be charged with manslaughter or just get a quiet posting somewhere for the rest of their careers

Just heard this on the radio... wonder if they will be charged with manslaughter or just get a quiet posting somewhere for the rest of their careers
They may have done nothing wrong legally (or even ethically/morally). If someone is shooting at them, are they just supposed to sit there and take it without shooting back? We don't expect them to hit 100% of the time and sure as hell don't provide enough training time or budget to expect anything remotely to that standard. Now if one of them was firing gangster style with his gun over the car, that's different (but will be almost impossible to determine since they aren't talking) but if they were all taking sighted shots and the kid got hit, that is tragic but probably not criminal. Hell, it could have been a through and through and they actually hit their target and the ammunition failed to respond as expected.

I am not a cop lover, but at the same time, if they did everything properly, they should be able to return to work (assuming they can mentally, at least one of them is probably very messed up).

That’s the problem we will never know the facts

Was the cop being shot at or not.

One thing I know for sure is dead men and in this case baby don’t talk

They may have done nothing wrong legally (or even ethically/morally). If someone is shooting at them, are they just supposed to sit there and take it without shooting back? We don't expect them to hit 100% of the time and sure as hell don't provide enough training time or budget to expect anything remotely to that standard. Now if one of them was firing gangster style with his gun over the car, that's different (but will be almost impossible to determine since they aren't talking) but if they were all taking sighted shots and the kid got hit, that is tragic but probably not criminal. Hell, it could have been a through and through and they actually hit their target and the ammunition failed to respond as expected.

I am not a cop lover, but at the same time, if they did everything properly, they should be able to return to work (assuming they can mentally, at least one of them is probably very messed up).
I'll bet the cops would be forthcoming with testimony if they believed they are in the clear, from what I understand they have clammed up.

Maybe that's standard protocol based on advice from the lawyers and police association.

There can be no happy ending to this.

I'll bet the cops would be forthcoming with testimony if they believed they are in the clear, from what I understand they have clammed up.

Maybe that's standard protocol based on advice from the lawyers and police association.

There can be no happy ending to this.
While I think that cops not talking to the SIU should be grounds for dismissal with cause, the law and policy does not agree with me.

I agree with you, I would hope they would talk if it was a good shoot. I expect that the one cop got hit and then one or more enacted vengeance/panic shooting but obviously it didn't go as intended. I strongly suspect the blue line again provides protection and they will be back on the job with no employment or legal repercussions (at least one and maybe all will have deep mental wounds). SIU doing a huge slow play of this whole process does nobody any favors.

While I think that cops not talking to the SIU should be grounds for dismissal with cause, the law and policy does not agree with me.

I agree with you, I would hope they would talk if it was a good shoot. I expect that the one cop got hit and then one or more enacted vengeance/panic shooting but obviously it didn't go as intended. I strongly suspect the blue line again provides protection and they will be back on the job with no employment or legal repercussions (at least one and maybe all will have deep mental wounds). SIU doing a huge slow play of this whole process does nobody any favors.

Personally.. I want the SIU to take it's time with something like this.
They are going into this knowing that any accusations of wrongdoing will be met with a very strong defence and should be well prepared incase it does go that way.
I wouldn't expect them to give statements.. just as I wouldn't expect any suspect to give a statement. I would rather they tell all.. but I know that it would be foolish of them to do so.

Personally.. I want the SIU to take it's time with something like this.
They are going into this knowing that any accusations of wrongdoing will be met with a very strong defence and should be well prepared incase it does go that way.
I wouldn't expect them to give statements.. just as I wouldn't expect any suspect to give a statement. I would rather they tell all.. but I know that it would be foolish of them to do so.
I get it but having the people that are sworn to uphold the law all refusing to give statements and then they just return to work? F that. If you can't tell the SIU what you did and saw, then you are no longer able to enforce the laws that you swore to uphold and you are now terminated with cause.

Back
Top Bottom