Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 284 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
I was looking at the sunshine list today. A few 25 tear old friends of my kids are cops, they were all $125k or more. One of my kids buddies works with a constable that hauled in $245k in 2022.

I was looking at the sunshine list today. A few 25 tear old friends of my kids are cops, they were all $125k or more. One of my kids buddies works with a constable that hauled in $245k in 2022.

I'm thinking there's probably some sort of circumstances to get to that salary.. ?
One of the highest paid persons on that list is a cop... 675K.. but it was a payout that put him up there.. not regular salary.

The civil service is a Petri dish for sexual assault. The military has given up and is resorting to civilian courts. However the supreme court has decreed that where a collective agreement exists they have no interest in hearing the case as it should be dealt with by the collective agreement.

Sweep it under the rug. Complain and never get a favourable review again. Expect to be drummed out.

A little over a year ago truckers held Ottawa hostage and the police department was criticized for inaction. Is Toronto any better?

Road rage, random assaults, stabbings, takeover robberies by juveniles, houses being stolen from the owners, pathetic driving tests, unethical dealings from councillors to the PM, etc. And their answer is more meetings and studies.

I'm thinking there's probably some sort of circumstances to get to that salary.. ?
One of the highest paid persons on that list is a cop... 675K.. but it was a payout that put him up there.. not regular salary.
The 125K is likely close to base five years in, maybe some minor OT.

Those much higher ones are likely OT hogs, and of course other things like payouts etc.

Still crazy IMO.

I was referring to the 245K MM mentioned.
125K is normal.
I'd say the 245k is primarily OT driven, and a lot of civil duty directing traffic on construction sites.

We have plenty of officers along our sites sitting in their cars doing nothing at all but having to meet Book 7 requirements for a paid duty officer (PDO) within X metres of a lighted intersection.

I was looking at sunshine list yesterday as well. A kid that grew up in my neighborhood who my brother was friends with is a detective at 170k. Couldn't believe it. See him at the gym all the time. Said he follows guys that aren't supposed to be around kids playgrounds and stuff like that. Has been driving the same $2000 honda civic for over 10 years now... no kids. Not sure what he spends his money on as he got hired really young as a cop and has been making great money for close to 15 years.

Also one of best looking/fittest girls at gym got in as a firefighter a couple years ago after years and years of hoping to make the cut. Thought she might've been around 80k or so ....listed at 118k. Not bad!

The
I was referring to the 245K MM mentioned.
125K is normal.
245K guy was is an OT hog. Buddy says he stalks the OT list and takes anything he can get, particularly sharp on the short coverage that pays time and a half for 4 hrs.

I was looking at sunshine list yesterday as well. A kid that grew up in my neighborhood who my brother was friends with is a detective at 170k. Couldn't believe it. See him at the gym all the time. Said he follows guys that aren't supposed to be around kids playgrounds and stuff like that. Has been driving the same $2000 honda civic for over 10 years now... no kids. Not sure what he spends his money on as he got hired really young as a cop and has been making great money for close to 15 years.

Also one of best looking/fittest girls at gym got in as a firefighter a couple years ago after years and years of hoping to make the cut. Thought she might've been around 80k or so ....listed at 118k. Not bad!
Firefighters costs in some areas is outrageous. Local firefighters make $110K/year, their contract calls for 1000hrs of annual work. IMO there aren't enough fires to justify a firehouse every few KMs.

Fire services are the single largest line item in my city's budget -- For every $1.00 of tax revenue Markham collects, $0.30 is allocated to Fire / Emergency services.

Firefighters costs in some areas is outrageous. Local firefighters make $110K/year, their contract calls for 1000hrs of annual work. IMO there aren't enough fires to justify a firehouse every few KMs.

Fire services are the single largest line item in my city's budget -- For every $1.00 of tax revenue Markham collects, $0.30 is allocated to Fire / Emergency services.
Firefighters have very little fire fighting to do. They really should be called first response units. Barrie released their stats. 2% of calls were fires. 80% were medical. They were on scene in six minutes on average. Ambulance is more like 10 to 30 minutes as their stations are far more spread out.

In my teen years I worked in a women's shelter for a summer. They had an agreement with the fire department. When an abusive husband showed up they called the fire department dispatch first then police/911. Firemen were there in a few minutes.....

Firefighters have very little fire fighting to do. They really should be called first response units. Barrie released their stats. 2% of calls were fires. 80% were medical. They were on scene in six minutes on average. Ambulance is more like 10 to 30 minutes as their stations are far more spread out.
I hear ya on that, fire does respond to a lot of calls. I have trouble putting that into perspective as you can't really know whether a response was justified. In the city of Markham there are approx 7,500 calls attended per year. If I do the math, that's an average of 1 call for each 12 hour shift at each of the 10 stations.

It costs Markham $275 million a year to fund Fire & Emergency services.... if you do the math on a per-call basis, each of those 7500 calls averages a cost of $36,500.

Ns shooting report is out. Colossal rcmp screw-up as expected. Shooter had five illegally obtained weapons, most smuggled in from the US so they proposed banning semi-automatic weapons in Canada. Useless political #%@$stains. If someone is already doing illegal things, making it more illegal does nothing.

Hard to put a price on justifying firefighters / first responders when it's you and your loved ones' lives that need saving.

Hard to put a price on justifying firefighters / first responders when it's you and your loved ones' lives that need saving.
I agree, but I'm also one to ask how much is enough? Do we need 10 fire stations that average 1 call per shift? There isn't a lot of transparency in firefighting, they breakdown the number of responses into loose categories so it's hard to know whether a response if 1 5 alarm fire or treed cat rescue.

30% of the city budget goes to firefighting, just seems like a lot to me.

I agree, but I'm also one to ask how much is enough? Do we need 10 fire stations that average 1 call per shift? There isn't a lot of transparency in firefighting, they breakdown the number of responses into loose categories so it's hard to know whether a response if 1 5 alarm fire or treed cat rescue.

30% of the city budget goes to firefighting, just seems like a lot to me.
Your call numbers seem incredibly low for markham fire. Barrie is less than half the population and far more calls.

Barrie has 5 stations. In 2021 (easier to find that report) 9514 calls. Most stations in barrie only have one truck. Bigger incidents draw from multiple stations. Spreading out the trucks (and staff) that could fit in one big station drops response time.

Your call numbers seem incredibly low for markham fire. Barrie is less than half the population and far more calls.

Barrie has 5 stations. In 2021 (easier to find that report) 9514 calls. Most stations in barrie only have one truck. Bigger incidents draw from multiple stations. Spreading out the trucks (and staff) that could fit in one big station drops response time.

of the 9514 calls, how many needed a firefighter? maybe cut down on the firefighters and fund some more ambulances.

Back
Top Bottom