Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 283 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
That'll sure raise your heart rate. I would be so scared of friendly fire in a situation like this. Police need to wear some sort of Neon green arm band or similar walking into a situation like that.
Seemed like the killer was standing there waiting to die. Why weren't they running around into more classrooms shooting more, or firing down through the window on police as they walked in the building.... Glad it ended as quick as it did.
Arm band is complicated unless it is a game day decision on color. Easy enough for shooter to get a band if it is always the same.

Training is so important (and sorely inadequate by most police departments). Don't pull the trigger until you have confirmed your target. Like with driving, training under stress is so important as it is a different world than shooting at a static paper target.

Edit:
I talked to an Ontario cop that hasn't been on the streets in a long time and has never pulled his gun on the cop (other than yearly tests). Their policy is everyone responds to a school shooting. Ideally you go in in pairs but if there is no one there to back you up, you go in alone. Get to the shooter as fast as possible and engage them to keep them from shooting at kids.

Last edited:
Yes that was my thought as well, would have to have some sort of agreement or protocol in place what color to wear...just an idea.
When shooters these days are wearing full tactical gear it would be easy to shoot one of your own, especially if law enforcement is entering through multiple entrances to get to the target as fast as possible, no saying how fast you would pull the trigger with your heart rate that high. Seeing someone in front of you with assault weapon split second decisions are made. Either way, not something I want to be involved in.
Forget if this was posted a couple of weeks ago, but this wouldn't even be half as stressful and they still fired on one another.

Yes that was my thought as well, would have to have some sort of agreement or protocol in place what color to wear...just an idea.
When shooters these days are wearing full tactical gear it would be easy to shoot one of your own, especially if law enforcement is entering through multiple entrances to get to the target as fast as possible, no saying how fast you would pull the trigger with your heart rate that high. Seeing someone in front of you with assault weapon split second decisions are made. Either way, not something I want to be involved in.
Forget if this was posted a couple of weeks ago, but this wouldn't even be half as stressful and they still fired on one another.

Decent job with the first aid. Cop that shot officer still believed it was the suspect long after the shots were fired. He shot 14 times with his rifle and managed to hit a fellow officer in the legs twice. He definitely needs more time at the range.

Decent job with the first aid. Cop that shot officer still believed it was the suspect long after the shots were fired. He shot 14 times with his rifle and managed to hit a fellow officer in the legs twice. He definitely needs more time at the range.
If i'm not mistaken police accuracy has always been meh. Likely even worse up here where many probably never pull their weapons out during their careers.

And in writing the above I suppose that's something to be thankful for on both sides.

Also the guy above is probably pretty grateful his colleague was such a bad shot. Typical firearms training is to aim centre mass and keep unloading until they go down.

I once read something taken from a report by an officer who did extensive reviews of shots fired incidents, in the US. His conclusions were, roughly speaking, "Most incidents take place at a distance of 30 feet or less, involve the weapons being emptied, and rarely involve injury." That was for incidents involving trained law enforcement personnel.

Nashville police taking out the school shooter...

Shooter was transgender ex-student. No big mystery why they targeting the administration at the christian school. I have no clue how it made sense in their brain to target kids.

Shooter was transgender ex-student. No big mystery why they targeting the administration at the christian school. I have no clue how it made sense in their brain to target kids.

I suspect the only way to understand the sort of person who would shoot up a school full of kids, is to be the sort of person who would shoot up a school full of kids. Be glad that you don't.

The one cop was shot twice by the suspect..
The other cop was hit 7 times by "friendly fire"
The suspect was already dead by the time he fired at his buddy.

I once read something taken from a report by an officer who did extensive reviews of shots fired incidents, in the US. His conclusions were, roughly speaking, "Most incidents take place at a distance of 30 feet or less, involve the weapons being emptied, and rarely involve injury." That was for incidents involving trained law enforcement personnel.
In the Nashville video, note that the school windows were broken in the end scene. I assume from errant police shots but maybe the killer was targeting outside victims. If I am correct, where did the bullets go?

What's more nuts is he has been on paid leave (at $120K+) for eight years with multiple felony convictions. PSA needs to change. He should have been fired with cause when the charges were laid eight years ago instead of giving him 1M in salary plus increased pension for being an actual convicted felon.
that's exactly what i was referring to

What's more nuts is he has been on paid leave (at $120K+) for eight years with multiple felony convictions. PSA needs to change. He should have been fired with cause when the charges were laid eight years ago instead of giving him 1M in salary plus increased pension for being an actual convicted felon.
I wouldn't say when the charges were laid, but certainly after conviction. Five years on the payroll after multiple Criminal Code convictions? Ridiculous. And now he's gone on to commit an act of violence against an unconscious woman. He should have already been locked up somewhere, where he couldn't have done that.

Back
Top Bottom