Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 232 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
It's hard to make this stuff up. Another confrontation between Aylmer police and wankers at the church that refuses to comply. Two people from the church were leading the charge against restriction. They were going on about having decades of experience in law enforcement. They were both off-duty Toronto police officers that have now been charged. So they are being paid six figures to enforce the laws and they pick and choose the ones that they should have to follow. Amazing.

It's hard to make this stuff up. Another confrontation between Aylmer police and wankers at the church that refuses to comply. Two people from the church were leading the charge against restriction. They were going on about having decades of experience in law enforcement. They were both off-duty Toronto police officers that have now been charged. So they are being paid six figures to enforce the laws and they pick and choose the ones that they should have to follow. Amazing.

See there's your problem. You expect them to actually FOLLOW the laws that they're paid to enforce. Do as I say, not as I do at it's best.

They were both off-duty Toronto police officers that have now been charged. So they are being paid six figures to enforce the laws and they pick and choose the ones that they should have to follow. Amazing.

That's nothing new.

Reminds me of an episode of "Live PD" in which someone who got stopped for speeding stated that he was also "on the job" and requested "courtesy" (code for one officer letting it slide for another officer, from a different department). The usual trick is to not even ask for "courtesy" and just make sure that your department business card is next to your drivers license, in your wallet. Thing is that in this case the guy who was stopped wouldn't say which department he was with and it ultimately came out, through radio checks, that he had been fired from another force something like 5 years before.

Play stupid games.....

Of course the watchdog is not impartial. It exploits any crack no matter how small to avoid shining light on issues. For them to charge you, you had to blatantly screw up and leave them no avenue to justify disappearing the investigation.

I just checked and, like I thought, you are not required to show ID to a police officer in Pennsylvania when an officer demands it. Unlike other States, where you may be required to show ID for purposes of identification if you are suspected of a specific crime, in Pennsylvania you are not so required even if placed under arrest. It might be stupid not to, based on the given situation, but you can legally refuse. This officer was trying to bully the guy, with incorrect legal information.

*EDIT* Correction; he successfully bullies the guy who, given his AMA member card, might well be a racer.

The update is that the cop "has been taken off the schedule until the investigation is concluded."

He only gets a suspension every year. It would be somewhat surprising if this time is substantially different. A lot more light on the problem this time so maybe they'll do something effective.

Good. Now lets see how quickly it can get to trial and whether it sticks and he gets his ass fired. They need to start purging some of these people that have the wrong attitude for the job.
3 years of doddling before this goes to trial seems to be the norm.

Back
Top Bottom