Last Youtube Video of MaxWrist at Deals Gap | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Last Youtube Video of MaxWrist at Deals Gap

There's a fully paved pull off every 30 meters on the gap without having to cross the center line. Leave your pride at home, ride your own ride, share the road, use the pull offs and you will be fine. The only prize at the end is an American coronary incident on a bun called a Pig Pen.

It's truly a spectacular road. Most cruisers will scrape floor boards on several of the corners trying to stay at speed limit which is around 50kph. But for those that prefer a more relaxing ride, then do the Blue Ridge instead.

It was a soggy morning and a bunch of us just sat and watched while the road dried up. So many people scraping pegs and floorboards.
View attachment 63823
Is that your bike off to the side?
Why did you choose the gravel?

He wasn't just "off", he was literally shaky. As if he'd never ridden before.
Right? Something was up with that left turn before the left turn he crashed on. I saw it and thought "He must go down right after this." but no. Buddy did the right turn after just fine... until he went left the next time, woosh! Wtf?

So all MaxWrist haters - rejoice!

In his VERY LAST video he posted his OWN lowside crash, happened about 3 weeks ago so we knew, and saw others Gap regulars' videos, but this one he himself breaks down everything - pretty interesting - shows you that even advanced BMW traction control can't save you from:
a) cold dump-ish surface
b) worn-out tire
and (most important factor IMHO)
c) his own ego to always be first :)
He's back on the road and the new fairings are sponsored and coming soon so no harm LOL

This is barely related but every time something like this comes up it makes me think of the video of the guy on a Triumph Sprint blowing nearly every single corner on the Dragon. Anybody remember where it is / got a link?

Edit: Found it! The Worst Run of the Tail of the Dragon Ever.
Does anyone know what happened to this guy? Surely the police got involved, I mean he shows his face after willfully endangering the lives of many people. He was simply murderous so was he found, charged, and jailed?

Anyone knows what happened?

hmm, planning a trip to deals gap for summer 2024. maybe i should just take pictures at the homebase (dragon sculpture) and ride on the other roads around there...
I scratched a peg two up on a GoldWing doing the Gap and never landed in the ditch. Just don't ride beyond your level.

Does anyone know what happened to this guy? Surely the police got involved, I mean he shows his face after willfully endangering the lives of many people. He was simply murderous so was he found, charged, and jailed?

Anyone knows what happened?
You'll be pleased to know he was found, charged and sent to the guillotine.
Roads everywhere are safe now.

he was found, charged and sent to the guillotine.

POV GoPro footage from the guillotine blade or it didn't happen.

hmm, planning a trip to deals gap for summer 2024. maybe i should just take pictures at the homebase (dragon sculpture) and ride on the other roads around there...
Did it in 2018. Nice road. If people would just ride within their limits........

Chiming in to say that my own trip some hmmm years ago to the Dragon was wonderful, the only stressor was worrying about running into a cop in a bad mood. I did run into A cop at one point, and we both knew I was speeding, but he just waved me by. I did not run into a single motorist making my life difficult on the Dragon or in the vicinity (outside of the area I ran into some mentally unstable drivers, but our meeting was brief)

He wasn't just "off", he was literally shaky. As if he'd never ridden before.
Right? Something was up with that left turn before the left turn he crashed on. I saw it and thought "He must go down right after this." but no. Buddy did the right turn after just fine... until he went left the next time, woosh! Wtf?
The left hand turn before has a section of pavement on the right tire track that has caved in causing a change in camber on entry. You have to either stay close to the yellow line, compromising entry, or be light in your seat and trust your suspension.

I'm looking forward to the repaving next year cause there's a few sections of the road like that now.

So all MaxWrist haters - rejoice!

In his VERY LAST video he posted his OWN lowside crash, happened about 3 weeks ago so we knew, and saw others Gap regulars' videos, but this one he himself breaks down everything - pretty interesting - shows you that even advanced BMW traction control can't save you from:
a) cold dump-ish surface
b) worn-out tire
and (most important factor IMHO)
c) his own ego to always be first :)
He's back on the road and the new fairings are sponsored and coming soon so no harm LOL

Guy went to clear the debris off the road before checking out his bike thoroughly. I don't know anything about him, but my respect for that. Classy move.

Also just want to add I love how simple but effective his editing is.

I have seen a lot of his videos. Why do I feel he does it on purpose. Puts himself into a situation where he most likely will crash, and gain online attention. Some of his crashes were outright horrific. I remember one when he crashed into a crash barrier at high speed and was flung over into a ditch. Was airlifted.

I have seen a lot of his videos. Why do I feel he does it on purpose. Puts himself into a situation where he most likely will crash, and gain online attention. Some of his crashes were outright horrific. I remember one when he crashed into a crash barrier at high speed and was flung over into a ditch. Was airlifted.

A lot of v loggers do this. Instead of braking or not being a dumb-dumb, they'll purposely either put themselves in harms way, or not remove themselves from harms way, just so they can rev bomb, punch a drivers side window, and then speed off.

A lot of v loggers do this. Instead of braking or not being a dumb-dumb, they'll purposely either put themselves in harms way, or not remove themselves from harms way, just so they can rev bomb, punch a drivers side window, and then speed off.

Riding safely generally means riding uneventfully, and that is not interesting.

Back
Top Bottom