Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd.

Have fun guys, can't make it as I picked up an over time shift.

Just spoke to the owner, Sunday is a GO.

There are 12 riders already signed up and at least 2 more have said they will pay at the gate.

There will be tire service available at the track for anyone who might need it.

99% sure clamca and i will be showing up on the motards, long as its not pissing rain sunday morning when we wake up

Will be comming down to spectate and check out the new track (bike is still not back together yet).
If anyone wants pics, I can bring my DSLR. PM me and i can send em to you.

awesome day, until i blew my bike up, had fun, but the track is way to fast for my dirt bike, would LOVE to do the track again if it included the dirt section tho.

awesome day, until i blew my bike up, had fun, but the track is way to fast for my dirt bike, would LOVE to do the track again if it included the dirt section tho.

You blowed it up on purpose so I wouldn't get to try your bike like you said in the morning :(

;)

That was an AWESOME track day.

All you cold weather weenies missed out!

How many groups did they run?

I was thinking about you guys at 9:30 Sunday when it was 5°C out - track a bit slick?

the afternoon would have been nice, but like yellowduck said, it was a brisk morning. Little too chilly for me, like GBM but found it much harder on tires than TMP or SMP when you really get on the throttle. Anyone else find this too?

the afternoon would have been nice, but like yellowduck said, it was a brisk morning. Little too chilly for me, like GBM but found it much harder on tires than TMP or SMP when you really get on the throttle. Anyone else find this too?

I found it to be really good on my tires, better than TMP even

Found the same as Kellen it seemed to actually polish up the tires they look like new after a day there. I have talked to others who noticed as well.

How many groups did they run?

I was thinking about you guys at 9:30 Sunday when it was 5°C out - track a bit slick?

They ran 2 groups... lots of track time. it was cold in the morning, but the afternoon was between 12-14 and at one point we hit 17 degrees. Awesome day with lots of track time! So glad I went. 7-8 of us had the place to ourselves Saturday night :p

There is a more abrasive track than SMP?? I find that hard to believe :confused:

There is a more abrasive track than SMP?? I find that hard to believe :confused:

I would hazzard a guess that it was simply cold tearing from low track temp, not so much the surface.

I was lazy and only rode in the afternoon, and still got in as much track time as I would have on a normal full day.

Couldn't have asked for anything better on a Mid-October Sunday :)

I was just referring to tires in general at GBM, went for a weekend in august. It was 15 ish in the morning (was taking it easy) and 25 in the afternoon both days (going hard w/ 2 easier warmup laps), total of 10-12 sessions for both days. The tires wore deceptively smooth, but the rears were at the bars after the 2 days on both bikes. Q2's @ 30/30 both on a 08 CBR 1000RR and and same pressure on another 02 ZX-9R, no warmers, same result.

Found TMP a lot better on tires, and yeah SMP is a cheese grader. Just an observation and wondering if others found the same.

GBM was awesome on my tires (I'm running Q2's). Found it easier on them than TMP.

Back
Top Bottom