Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd.

Mike,

We know that riding in cooler temperatures is not for you. We got it. It seems like you are being discouraging to others from coming out for some fun. If nothing else, new track riders will learn the track layout, how to ride in 13C temps and make some new friends.

Not to mention that newer riders still may not be getting to the limits of the traction even despite the colder weather. When some buddies and I did the SMP trackday (long track) at the beginning of the month, in single digit weather for part of the day, we were still cranking out 2 minute laps. So what's stopping you then?

slick conditions sounds like fun, maybe ill finally get enough speed going to slide the supermoto around a bit

Me and Mike havent been trying to learn how to race mrX or missY in various conditions,
we"ve been racing the most fierce competitor imaginable,
he never has a bad day,
or complains about cool or heat,
hes at every single trackday
and hes always at the top of his game.

FATHER TIME.

we"ve been racing the most fierce competitor imaginable

FATHER TIME.

Does FATHER TIME race in the Old Boys class??

He's already booked and will be there on Sunday.

What's the best route from Toronto? Google maps results seem a bit strange to me.

What's the best route from Toronto? Google maps results seem a bit strange to me.

The google maps way looks like it may be shorter, but easier to get lost and more stops and starts.

The easiest way is to get on the 401, then take the 402 when you get past London and then take Hwy 81 north up to Grand Bend Motorplex. When I spoke with some of the others who have done both routes, they said this way was better (less small towns to go through, less stopping).

Me and Mike havent been trying to learn how to race mrX or missY in various conditions,
he never has a bad day,

FATHER TIME.

I guess my "time" has ran it's course.. LOL
Dean you still have some good years ahead, enjoy everyone of them!

The google maps way looks like it may be shorter, but easier to get lost and more stops and starts.
The easiest way is to get on the 401, then take the 402 when you get past London and then take Hwy 81 north up to Grand Bend Motorplex. When I spoke with some of the others who have done both routes, they said this way was better (less small towns to go through, less stopping).

^ this.

I took the route my gps said and it took me through a huge construction area that said road closed but really wasn't when you drove through it but it was all dirt. lol

he never has a bad day,

FATHER TIME.

When did mike start to call me that??? And I missed one day I think

Yes, your GS500F will be fine. ....As per tech requirements, you need to swap out your coolant/antifreeze for straight water or water with 'Water Wetter',

Yeah, go ahead and drain the rad on your GS500.....

HEH.. that's one thing I wish I could have bettered, that 1:15:28 lap time will forever be burned in my memory... came very very close but no cigar. ;)

I'd like to know who did a more consistent continual 1:15 lap time?? :)

Obviyou did.....I think I have only run 4 or 5 115's

its ok I know your not really done.....just taking a break.....see you soon to get the bike and other stuff

Looks like 14 degrees and sunny. You guys should have a great day. REALLY wish I could make it!

I guess my "time" has ran it's course.. LOL
Dean you still have some good years ahead, enjoy everyone of them!

Jeeees, youve got at least as many as me, Im in such bad shape I wouldnt think of bicycling around between sessions like you.
I feel like 60 yrs old somtimes, and Ive got 15 or 20 lbs to lose.
I guarrantee i dont bounce like you after a crash.

Age is just a number obviously.
More importantly health should have a number.

I've checked every weather forecast available and it's looking like 15C and sunny for Sunday, it's gonna be a great last trackday of the season.

Today is your last chance to preregister for $75, that's $85 after taxes, you can't beat a deal like that.

Grand Bend's office can be reached at 519-238-7223.

See you all on Sunday! :hello2:

Just an FYI - The gates will be open tomorrow (Sat) for anyone coming down early and will be left open overnight - so go on in and setup. Myself and the staff will see everyone Sunday morning (hopefully not too hung over as our Championship banquet for the Dragway is tomorrow night in Grand Bend):p

Just spoke to the owner, Sunday is a GO.

There are 12 riders already signed up and at least 2 more have said they will pay at the gate.

There will be tire service available at the track for anyone who might need it.

Back
Top Bottom