Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd.

PLS

Grand Bend will be holding a lapping day Sunday Oct 23rd. Advance price $75 ($100 at the gate). Hopefully we will continue to have some great weather for the remainder of October - if the weather isn't good ( Rain/cold) we will cancel the day and refund all entries.
The course being used will be the technical course.
Lapping will be from approx 9am to 5pm (1 hr lunch break) we will breakup riders into 3 levels maximum group size 20 bikes - Entrance to the facility will be available Sat night

Re The charity event on Sat it is a closed program (run by a specific provider that includes kart racing, porsche ride and drives, laps on the oval in a late model with a driver, 1/4 mile laps in their own cars, lunch, etc. cost is $975)

Last edited:
How is the charity work? Do we get to go for rides with the drivers for a donation? The James Fund did this and it was so much fun!!!

Do you guys have/need marshals?

would the technical course be suitable to a supermoto type bike ?

Yes it would.

There are tight sections with a big back straight as well as some fast sweepers.

Laptime on a 600cc is 1:14-1:17 at race pace.

Last edited:
what are the times ? whens it start ? what are the group plans ? im interested, but need more info.

Thanks

Info and phone numbers can be found at:

http://www.grandbendraceway.com/race/

Code:
Motorcycle lapping Sun Oct 23rd
We will be offering Motorcycle lapping on Sunday Oct 23rd. The rate will be $75 in advance ($100 day of)please call the office to  register  519 238 7223
Hopefully this great fall weather will carry on for a few more weeks.

no mention of times, groups, or anything else that i had originally asked, listen, i hate wasting time on the phone, which is why i asked the question in here

Trackday Guidelines:

Red : Experienced Trackday Riders/ Racers
Safe passing allowed anywhere on the track.

Yellow: Intermediate level Trackday Riders
No passing once the bike you are attempting to pass has started leaning into a turn.
Passing during braking before a turn, and corner exit permissible as long as you maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and the bike you are attempting to pass.

Green: Beginner level
No passing except for the straights, maintain a minimum 8 feet between the bike you are passing.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Trackday Schedule
7:00am - Gates Open
7:15am - 8:30am - Tech Inspection, Registration
8:30am - 8:45 - Riders Meeting
9:00am - First track session starts
12:00pm-1:00pm - Lunch
1:00pm - Track sessions resumes
5:00pm - End of Day

Last edited:
info you requested is now listed on original post. and we have had a couple of guys race supermoto bikes with SOAR on this configuration.

Once again Im watching weathernetwork each day,,,

Once again Im watching weathernetwork each day,,,

Why wait for the weather? Just book now! If it's cancelled you won't be billed.

They need to know the number of riders that will be attending. If the numbers are low then they will cancel.

Not sure of the numbers as of today but anyone thinking about riding please book soon so we can all get one last ride in.

We're booked and will see everyone Sunday.

The weather for Sunday is currently showing as partly Sunny, High of 10 degrees, winds at less than 10K/hr - so it looks like a good riding day as of right now.
We currently have 5 riders signed up - we need a minimum of 10 by Friday at Noon to go ahead. There will be no shortage of track time. :)

Environment Canada can't seem to make up their minds on this one. That said, I haven't made up my mind on it either. But I'm hopeful!

Grand Bend will be holding a lapping day Sunday Oct 23rd. Advance price $75 ($100 at the gate). Hopefully we will continue to have some great weather for the remainder of October - if the weather isn't good ( Rain/cold) we will cancel the day and refund all entries.
The course being used will be the technical course.
Lapping will be from approx 9am to 5pm (1 hr lunch break) we will breakup riders into 3 levels maximum group size 20 bikes - Entrance to the facility will be available Sat night

Re The charity event on Sat it is a closed program (run by a specific provider that includes kart racing, porsche ride and drives, laps on the oval in a late model with a driver, 1/4 mile laps in their own cars, lunch, etc. cost is $975)

For anyone who is worried about the weather.

is there anyway to sign up online ? i cant get to a phone until after 5 when i get home from work, i think id like to attend this

Back
Top Bottom