Kawasaki zx4rr | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki zx4rr

I want that so bad...
That may be the stupidest headline I have seen this year. The top speed on the dyno for most vehicles is uncorrelated with top speed in the wild as they are power limited not gear limited. Especially in 6th gear that is often super tall for cruising at lower rpm.

That may be the stupidest headline I have seen this year. The top speed on the dyno for most vehicles is uncorrelated with top speed in the wild as they are power limited not gear limited. Especially in 6th gear that is often super tall for cruising at lower rpm.
I know... But the sound... The 16k redline... C'mon...

I like the sound. As with most marketing fails, they should focus on real positives and don't make up stupid things that make them sound like morons that don't know what they are talking about. Go with something like 32,000 explosions per second or compare to sound clips of f1 cars, etc.

It was interesting that they geared a 400 to go 91 km/h in first gear.

I like the sound. As with most marketing fails, they should focus on real positives and don't make up stupid things that make them sound like morons that don't know what they are talking about. Go with something like 32,000 explosions per second or compare to sound clips of f1 cars, etc.

It was interesting that they geared a 400 to go 91 km/h in first gear.
I agree. Some markets though, sometimes they don't really care about common sense (this video was made by Kawasaki Indonesia) just the flashy factor.
Regardless of that, though, it is undeniable that the ZX4RR will be amazing to ride, IMO.

Just keep in mind that apparently it's not going to rev that high here - limited to 11.5K RPM

Another issue is if gets blacklisted here in Ontario
You should be safe for a little bit. It won't be cheap and gixxer bros won't be interested as the engine is too small for them. As they get older and cheaper they will probably make the list.

I would actually be surprised if the ZX-4R is not surcharged from the jump

Curb weight of 414 lbs seems very high for a performance-oriented bike with only 56 HP (or even 76 HP in Euro form). Wasn't the FZR400 around 350 lbs and 64 HP?

Curb weight of 414 lbs seems very high for a performance-oriented bike with only 56 HP (or even 76 HP in Euro form). Wasn't the FZR400 around 350 lbs and 64 HP?
"Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)."
76 unrestricted on the dyno HP at the rear wheel.
1988 FZR400 - 160kg (352lbs) hmmm, wet or dry ? 64bhp at the crank ?

"Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)."

I don't know how accurate the weight and HP numbers are for the FZR, which is why it was a question.

Still, even if wet, 414 lbs is the same weight as a KTM 790 Duke with 103 HP, or a few lbs more than a Panigale V4 with 210 HP, to put it in perspective. My 450 weights 300 lbs wet with 60 HP.

I don't know how accurate the weight and HP numbers are for the FZR, which is why it was a question.

Still, even if wet, 414 lbs is the same weight as a KTM 790 Duke with 103 HP, or a few lbs more than a Panigale V4 with 210 HP, to put it in perspective. My 450 weights 300 lbs wet with 60 HP.
ALL the new street legal bikes suffer from added weight. ABS, mufflers with CATs, the list goes on. To compare with something from 35 years ago is apples and oranges.

ALL the new street legal bikes suffer from added weight. ABS, mufflers with CATs, the list goes on. To compare with something from 35 years ago is apples and oranges.

I dunno. I expect my brand new bike to be lighter than something built 35 years ago regardless. Most manufacturers have been able to either increase power or decrease weight in other areas to compensate. It hasn't been proven that we'll be able to "unlock" the full power of one of these Canadian models, so 56 HP is all we can count on. It doesn't even have an all-aluminum chassis. The "RR" moniker (or even "R") deserves no less, but we all know how Kawasaki waters down their branding and hands out "R's" to everything now. Whereas before the "R" got you a completely different motor, frame, subframe, and suspension, now all it gets you is adjustable fork preload and shock damping.

I dunno. I expect my brand new bike to be lighter than something built 35 years ago regardless. Most manufacturers have been able to either increase power or decrease weight in other areas to compensate. It hasn't been proven that we'll be able to "unlock" the full power of one of these Canadian models, so 56 HP is all we can count on. It doesn't even have an all-aluminum chassis. The "RR" moniker (or even "R") deserves no less, but we all know how Kawasaki waters down their branding and hands out "R's" to everything now. Whereas before the "R" got you a completely different motor, frame, subframe, and suspension, now all it gets you is adjustable fork preload and shock damping.
Cars are heavier than they've ever been. Nothing wrong with a steel frame that's what KTM uses on everything even their MotoGP bike aluminum is kind of overrated as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from the future

Kawasaki waters down their branding ? H2s and ZX10s are watered down ?

Definitely dry. Best I could find for a FZR400 wet weight was 410 lbs. I remember the quoted dry weights of the era were hilariously optimistic. I believe they would take the best case for each part and add it all up, ending with some kind of fantasyland total that was way lighter than any actual bike, let alone one with fluids and gas...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom