Kawasaki zx4rr | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki zx4rr

Your own screenshot proves that the 400 and 650 are not currently given the R, and your other references show that they haven't for over a decade.
Your claim that Kawasaki waters down the R is straight-up false (in 2023).
(We'll disagree on the ZX-14R - which I would say gets the R designation for its drag racing performance but you will say doesn't deserve an "R" at all).
go ahead and move the goal post. You clearly didn’t bother to read the premise of the previous posts or bother to use Google.

You’ve said 400 twice now, when did I discuss the 400???

Last edited:
Your claim that Kawasaki waters down the R is straight-up false (in 2023).
(We'll disagree on the ZX-14R - which I would say gets the R designation for its drag racing performance but you will say doesn't deserve an "R" at all).

First off, it was my claim. Tell me how their application of the "R" makes sense:

Base ModelEnhanced Model
H2H2RDifferent engine internals (+116 HP), exhaust, carbon bodywork, race slicks
ZX-4RZX-4RRFork preload, shock damping, quick shifter
ZX-6RZX-6R KRTCan't be bothered to check
ZX-10RZX-10R KRTCan't be bothered to check

Wouldn't this make more sense?

Base ModelEnhanced Model
H2H2R
ZX-4ZX-4R
ZX-6ZX-6R
ZX-10ZX-10R

Or even this if they insist of applying R to base models?

Base ModelEnhanced Model
H2RH2R KRT
ZX-4RZX-4R KRT
ZX-6RZX-6R KRT
ZX-10RZX-10R KRT

I do think the discussion over the bike shows pretty much the mindset of the north American average consumer. And that's bad imo. However, Zach Courts motives kinda summarises why someone would buy and that's something that Kawasaki, as company, should reinforce in ads, thing that is not happening... (I know ads of bikes doesn't happen anymore but...). My hope, in conclusion, is that the ZX4RR can be a trendsetter and other manufacturers can bring similar models... That would revitalise the sports bike genre...
As a side note, because it was mentioned in the podcast, I found my new love...

What a load of tripe. Trying to sound like they did something magic when all they did is remove the cork that kawasaki installed. And his crap about the slip-on obviously adding power is also shite. You have a dyno, dyno with aftermarket air filter and stock exhaust and then install slip-ons. Slipon hp value for dollar is almost zero. All that crappy speech did is make me not trust the guy and want to purchase from anyone else.

I wonder how hard it will be to get the Kawasaki 70+ hp tune? I would want the engine to work properly while also preserving the catalytic convertor

After owning my FZ6 that redlined around 14K, I think waitting to spool up to north of 10K to get to the real meat would get boring after a while.

What a load of tripe. Trying to sound like they did something magic when all they did is remove the cork that kawasaki installed. And his crap about the slip-on obviously adding power is also shite. You have a dyno, dyno with aftermarket air filter and stock exhaust and then install slip-ons. Slipon hp value for dollar is almost zero. All that crappy speech did is make me not trust the guy and want to purchase from anyone else.

Yeah. The the main thing I got out of that video was confirmation that someone was able to by pass the factory restriction.

Graves Motorsports had early access to the ZX-4RR and has posted approximately 75 rear wheel HP with their slip-on and ECU reflash (not listed on their site yet, but it's $350 USD for other bikes). There's a dyno chart comparing their build to the stock bike over on the other ZX-4RR thread. Looks like there are a few Canadian options for reflashes now too.

Graves has also indicated that their supersport build is under 342 pounds, which is something like 70 pounds lighter than stock.

They do cater for the imbecile, the imbecile that will buy from them and then brag somewhere how then, and not Kawasaki, made the bike better. That's people's modus operandi in today's world.

They do cater for the imbecile, the imbecile that will buy from them and then brag somewhere how then, and not Kawasaki, made the bike better. That's people's modus operandi in today's world.
Sorry @GreyGhost , I was trying to agree with you. You always have a nice perspective...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom