Kahuna closing | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kahuna closing

Re: Kahuna closing?

Sorry, but that sounds kinda crazy to me. That doesn't fly at most car dealerships. I wouldn't want to work weekends as a toy mechanic so I wouldn't hold others up to it either

Just because most car dealerships don't do it, doesn't mean it's a bad business model. I understand people don't want to work weekends, but there are also folks who don't mind working weekends and having a couple week days off. Think about it...

It is for some of us

Aye - IF you race on a track competitively. Heck, even doing track days doesn't make it a sport - that's just a hobby. The constant use of the word in the context of riding on public roads (no different than driving a car) is quite silly.

LOL - at least it's in quotes. Riding a motorcycle is not a sport.

Aye - IF you race on a track competitively. Heck, even doing track days doesn't make it a sport - that's just a hobby. The constant use of the word in the context of riding on public roads (no different than driving a car) is quite silly.

why is that?
so people who play basketball, volleyball, golf, tennis or hockey for fun aren't involved in sports? because its not paid? because it isn't their profession?

i do not understand the logic.

It is for some of us

fat_biker_1.jpg

Wow - I just bought a 2013 Concours last winter from them and the bike is there for a warranty item. Norm (sales) is a standup guy - I would make a reference any day for him. Luis in service tries hard but he cannot compete with Pete's for tires (I compared and tried to give the business to Kahuna) and other parts. But they do seem disorganized - it took them over 3.5 months to get me a rear tire (the demo had a cut tire) and they finally got me an upgraded T30. But I got the front from Pete's which is below their cost. Who else is an authorized Kawi dealer? Snow City?

why is that?
so people who play basketball, volleyball, golf, tennis or hockey for fun aren't involved in sports? because its not paid? because it isn't their profession?

No, no. You're correct. I was not suggesting anything to do with being paid or not. "Competitively" - as in competing - one of the operative words in the definition of 'sport.' I'll concede that taking your motorcycle to the track could be considered a sport. On track days do you compete against others, or just yourself and the time? I don't know, but I do know the definition of sport.

That's all trivial to the main point I wanted to make. That being calling motorcycling a sport (in the context of regular riding on roads) is silly.

Wow - I just bought a 2013 Concours last winter from them and the bike is there for a warranty item. Norm (sales) is a standup guy - I would make a reference any day for him. Luis in service tries hard but he cannot compete with Pete's for tires (I compared and tried to give the business to Kahuna) and other parts. But they do seem disorganized - it took them over 3.5 months to get me a rear tire (the demo had a cut tire) and they finally got me an upgraded T30. But I got the front from Pete's which is below their cost. Who else is an authorized Kawi dealer? Snow City?

wow, thats pathetic

I am not sure why people are happy about it? regardless of your experiences this is bad news for our sport, plus people are getting laid off (imagine if you lost your job) and one less business paying taxes etc.

This is why I dislike people in general!

So we're supposed to support a place that takes 3.5 months to get a tire because someone might lose a job?

Incompetence shouldn't be encouraged in any business, and for every joke of a dealership that closes down a new one will open up if there is a demand. If they have their **** together then they will succeed, if not then move out of the way and let someone else do it.

Re: Kahuna going out of business?

As much as I don't like kahuna as a Kawasaki owner this is terrible news. Now I have to travel to Hamilton to get oem parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought snow city was a kawasaki dealer?

Re: Kahuna going out of business?

As much as I don't like kahuna as a Kawasaki owner this is terrible news. Now I have to travel to Hamilton to get oem parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snow city in Scarbs in a dealer too. and way better.

wow, thats pathetic

Yes it was - but it was January to March so I didn't miss my bike but when I called in March and to hear this I was quite ******...you'd think in low season they would get this organized....

wow, thats pathetic

So we're supposed to support a place that takes 3.5 months to get a tire because someone might lose a job?

Incompetence shouldn't be encouraged in any business, and for every joke of a dealership that closes down a new one will open up if there is a demand. If they have their **** together then they will succeed, if not then move out of the way and let someone else do it.
Can you quote the post where I said Support Kahuna?

Being happy about people losing their livelihood is low

Survival of the fittest, let Darwin's law does its job

why is that?

If you consider driving your car around to be 'sport' then yeah I guess riding a motorcycle around town is also sport.

To me sport means physical activity that gets the heart rate up, exerting muscles, etc. So a easy Sun ride isn't sport, but a track day would be. You can't tell me a race car driver of moto racer isn't in a sport. Some of them have to be in better shape and exert more than some sports require.

Then there's golf....

Back
Top Bottom