Joe Bass' technology woes thread | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joe Bass' technology woes thread

This did not work.

Cleaned the charge port with some dustoff and still not charging.

Will have to try the wireless charging option next.
If the charge port is jammed with lint, compressed air (in a can) may not be enough. A wooden toothpick is the best and way, as long as you don't use too much pressure. I actually was amazed at how much lint came out of mine the first time I tried it. If that fixes it, have your son blow into the hole every once in a while before plugging anything into it to prevent or delay it from happening again.

If the charge port is jammed with lint, compressed air (in a can) may not be enough. A wooden toothpick is the best and way, as long as you don't use too much pressure. I actually was amazed at how much lint came out of mine the first time I tried it. If that fixes it, have your son blow into the hole every once in a while before plugging anything into it to prevent or delay it from happening again.

That looks more like a wooden barbecue skewer, which is what I use.

That looks more like a wooden barbecue skewer, which is what I use.
The toothpicks I use have the same sharp point, not the dull ones that you get in restaurants.

I have another one.

Phone: Samsung S7 (Android), bluetooth-connecting to Chrysler Uconnect, although minor internet digging seems to suggest that this is a Samsung issue, not a vehicle-that-it's-connected-to issue, because there are similar complaints about connecting Samsung phones to all sorts of different vehicles.

Issue: Bluetooth streaming audio, doesn't. Everything else seems to work. The phone sees the car and the car sees the phone, they're paired. Even the controls on the car that are meant to connect to the phone, work. You can skip to the next track or skip back to the previous track using the controls on the car ... but the music plays over the phone's own speaker, not over the car's speakers!

It has not always done this. It used to work. Nothing's changed in the car, so this is sure to be something changing on the Samsung side when they did a software update at some point.

Internet digging finds quite a few complaints of this nature, and a number of suggestions, but doing a few of the things that some people indicated had solved their problem did not solve it for me.

??

Bear in mind that I type at computers. What happens inside them when I do that, is outside my knowledge base.

@Brian P this is my thread, so you know that I know less than you, but, I always start with another hard reset (not factory reset).
If that doesn't work, next option would be back up files, then try to revert to the previous update.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'd try installing a 3rd party bluetooth app from google play
several free ones to try
see if that helps the connection

I have another one.

Phone: Samsung S7 (Android), bluetooth-connecting to Chrysler Uconnect, although minor internet digging seems to suggest that this is a Samsung issue, not a vehicle-that-it's-connected-to issue, because there are similar complaints about connecting Samsung phones to all sorts of different vehicles.

Issue: Bluetooth streaming audio, doesn't. Everything else seems to work. The phone sees the car and the car sees the phone, they're paired. Even the controls on the car that are meant to connect to the phone, work. You can skip to the next track or skip back to the previous track using the controls on the car ... but the music plays over the phone's own speaker, not over the car's speakers!

It has not always done this. It used to work. Nothing's changed in the car, so this is sure to be something changing on the Samsung side when they did a software update at some point.

Internet digging finds quite a few complaints of this nature, and a number of suggestions, but doing a few of the things that some people indicated had solved their problem did not solve it for me.

??

Bear in mind that I type at computers. What happens inside them when I do that, is outside my knowledge base.
I've reinstalled android auto and waze a few times when things didnt work as expected. Not a Chrysler but things worked as expected after uninstall/reinstall of the apps.

I have another one.

??

Do you have the uConnect app on your phone? I remember needing to download that when I had a Chrysler 300 rental a couple years ago.

No app. But it worked before, why doesn't it work now?
No idea, but I would try loading it and see if it makes a difference. The only other thing I can think of is that there is an output control to switch between Bluetooth/phone speaker/headphone that's been engaged. For the last week I was wondering why Google Maps on my phone wasn't vocalizing directions. I thought it was a Bluetooth issue and played around with the "play voice over Bluetooth" or "play as Bluetooth phone call" options, but it turned out to be a mute setting within maps, and I somehow accidentally tapped in the exact 2 (different) places on the screen in sequence that would have been necessary to mute it.

The other thing you can do is pair someone else's phone to your car to rule out the car. If theirs works, then you can focus on your phone. Even better if their phone is the same model and version as yours.

I have another one.

??

Small update on this. I was running errands in the van today, which has a different (newer) version of Uconnect, and remembered to try out streaming audio on that one. And ... it works fine. Nothing has changed.

Nothing changed in the car, either, so the mystery remains; why doesn't that one work? The only thing that's changed is that Android gets updates now and then. Certainly nothing changed on the car side of it. It's incapable of getting over-the-air updates, and it hasn't seen the inside of a dealer's workshop in a couple of years.

Small update on this. I was running errands in the van today, which has a different (newer) version of Uconnect, and remembered to try out streaming audio on that one. And ... it works fine. Nothing has changed.

Nothing changed in the car, either, so the mystery remains; why doesn't that one work? The only thing that's changed is that Android gets updates now and then. Certainly nothing changed on the car side of it. It's incapable of getting over-the-air updates, and it hasn't seen the inside of a dealer's workshop in a couple of years.
A Samsung S7 would be getting Google Play Services updates and stuff, but software related to audio and bluetooth would be only in Samsung's domain. I believe the last software update the phone will ever get from Samsung was released in March 2020. I was actually surprised at how recent that was, and also the phone only came out four years ago - I thought it was older than that!

it's a BT pairing bug....quite common

like I mentioned a few posts ago
there are several 3rd party BT apps in Play, free

I had to install one of these on my Sony smart TV
android powered unit, would never connect with my BT headphones
browsed the apps, read the reviews, first one I tried allowed me to pair

Wondering if those more familiar with technology/ computer/ coding stuff than I can provide some insight.

Monster Energy started a new promo today
Enter pin codes from under tabs, redeem for prizes
Today is the FIRST DAY and half of the offers are sold out
And all of the good stuff is gone.
Many of the offers required 50+ tabs to redeem
And when I went to enter my 3 tabs, they are listed as already redeemed.

So.....
Is it possible that this happened?
Or, is it more likely that someone/ people ran bots, going through random PINs and claiming them fraudulently?

Wondering if those more familiar with technology/ computer/ coding stuff than I can provide some insight.

Monster Energy started a new promo today
Enter pin codes from under tabs, redeem for prizes
Today is the FIRST DAY and half of the offers are sold out
And all of the good stuff is gone.
Many of the offers required 50+ tabs to redeem
And when I went to enter my 3 tabs, they are listed as already redeemed.

So.....
Is it possible that this happened?
Or, is it more likely that someone/ people ran bots, going through random PINs and claiming them fraudulently?

Given that yours are already redeemed, I would think it was either brute force or someone had the list. Either way monster should be ****** that their promo was abused. Screenshot the redemptions and take a pic of your pin in front of already redeemed. Let their social media people try to make it right.

Just messaged them on Twitter GG, they asked for pics and are looking into it.
And I'm not completely sure that it was abused, but it seems highly unlikely that that many tabs were redeemed on the first day.
Or
A bunch of concert going caffeine addicts loaded up and were ready to go, as those $100 Live Nation gift cards for 100 tabs is a good deal, assuming you were going to drink those monsters anyway.

Just messaged them on Twitter GG, they asked for pics and are looking into it.
And I'm not completely sure that it was abused, but it seems highly unlikely that that many tabs were redeemed on the first day.
Or
A bunch of concert going caffeine addicts loaded up and were ready to go, as those $100 Live Nation gift cards for 100 tabs is a good deal, assuming you were going to drink those monsters anyway.

People drink 100 monsters? yikes. I have probably had less than a quarter of that in my life.

Back
Top Bottom