It took 3 hours to drive a 7-minute walk in Toronto Tuesday | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

It took 3 hours to drive a 7-minute walk in Toronto Tuesday

To buy the land yes...to buy an investment property in the immediate vicinity no.
Buying land is for people with cash in their pockets. Provided you don't buy stupidly you, your kids or grandchildren will make money on it. Expenses are also out of your pocket until you sell or convert the property.

A property with income (rental) can be leveraged through a bank and hopefully start a ROI in your enjoyable lifetime.

The above scenarios are based on historic patterns. Today's cash grabs and greed may have distorted the picture. Basically, if you want to make a lot of money, start with a lot of money.

More people per vehicle is the best approach for capacity but automated cars can improve throughput if given a lane. They eliminate speed changes, accordioning, slowing to allow someone to merge, etc. Higher average speed and tighter vehicle spacing is possible with computers in charge so you can get more vehicles down the same strip of asphalt in the same time (assuming you can keep the moron humans out of the lane which may be possible with tight enough spacing).

Edit:

Interesting article. Even 5% of connected cars dispersed in the mess improve throughput for all by acting as a buffer for speed fluctuations.

Yeah but we're decades away from it being implemented and it working properly and people being forced to do it.

It has to be all the people doing it, not 40% or 60%
1 person can "fawk" everything up for everyone else as we see with accidents on highways every day of the week.

Yeah but we're decades away from it being implemented and it working properly and people being forced to do it.

1 person can "fawk" everything up for everyone else as we see with accidents on highways every day of the week.
Not at all. Linked study showed meaningful improvement at the analyzed 5%. Obviously more linked vehicles is better but even a small percentage helps. Now, afaik, very few manufacturers are working on rolling this out and they are all focused on individually guided missiles with no inter-vehicle communication so it will take a very long time before we see this help anything on our roads.

Isn't it amazing how the traffic just zooms along once you're past a crash.

Isn't it amazing how the traffic just zooms along once you're past a crash.
I spent 40min to do about 10km because of a crash today in the collectors…I was in the express lanes. Then that was followed by a crash in the express lanes.

They should install 4ft high louvres,
Or whatever, like on the gardiner so that traffic on the other side doesn’t see wtf is going on.

I spent 40min to do about 10km because of a crash today in the collectors…I was in the express lanes. Then that was followed by a crash in the express lanes.

They should install 4ft high louvres,
Or whatever, like on the gardiner so that traffic on the other side doesn’t see wtf is going on.
401 closed at Napanee because a pool fell on the roadway. Engineers have to be more forward thinking and make allowances.

401 closed at Napanee because a pool fell on the roadway. Engineers have to be more forward thinking and make allowances.

You'll have to settle for sideways thinking.

1280px-Highway_401_Emergency_Detour_Route_sign.svg.png

I have been puzzling where this pool came from and how it got on the 401 then realized it was a pole.

Sent from the future
Funny, I didnt give it a second thought. Just assumed it was one of those fiberglass inground pools that fell of a truck. Wasnt sure what engineers had to do with it but maybe pools need to be designed better???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom