Inflation | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Inflation

Oil industry collusion to raise prices. I'm shocked. (NOT)

Looks like there's a bunch of related documents on this matter, which I haven't dug into.

I share a hedge with a neighbour and it gets trimmed about every two years. The last time was about $500. The new price is up 47%.
The upside to expensive services is it makes it pretty easy to buy the equipment required to do it yourself.

My inlaws have too many hedges. There is no way they survive the next owner. More than 500 sq ft of lot in Toronto is a lot to give up. Build a secondary dwelling unit as a privacy screen and it uses about the same square footage.

The upside to expensive services is it makes it pretty easy to buy the equipment required to do it yourself.

My inlaws have too many hedges. There is no way they survive the next owner. More than 500 sq ft of lot in Toronto is a lot to give up. Build a secondary dwelling unit as a privacy screen and it uses about the same square footage.
The hedge has become overgrown through neglect and multiple arborists have said it's not reversible. At 50 feet long it's about 8 feet thick, so 400 SF of greenery. We both want to keep it but the thickness and height is awkward as a DIY.

I share a hedge with a neighbour and it gets trimmed about every two years. The last time was about $500. The new price is up 47%.
We HAD a shared hedge and it was beside out driveway, it was a good hiding place, a security issue, and a safety issue when pulling out. Our old neighbour would not let us take it down and said they would take care of it. I ended up having to do all of that as well. New neighbour moves in, we say high and ask if we can take it down, he said yes, I was about to say ask your wife and thought better, instead 45 minutes later it was gone. She was angry... other area neighbours were angry (that hedge has been there 50 years, blah, blah, blah). It all worked out for the best!

We HAD a shared hedge and it was beside out driveway, it was a good hiding place, a security issue, and a safety issue when pulling out. Our old neighbour would not let us take it down and said they would take care of it. I ended up having to do all of that as well. New neighbour moves in, we say high and ask if we can take it down, he said yes, I was about to say ask your wife and thought better, instead 45 minutes later it was gone. She was angry... other area neighbours were angry (that hedge has been there 50 years, blah, blah, blah). It all worked out for the best!
Inlaws have one of those too. Both neighbours want it. After a few incidents (they back out of the driveway and hedge provided zero visibility), both neighbours agreed to taper the last 8' so it is only 3' tall at the sidewalk and pedestrians have a chance. Hedge is 100% on their side. If it was my house it would be gone very quickly.

Inlaws have one of those too. Both neighbours want it. After a few incidents (they back out of the driveway and hedge provided zero visibility), both neighbours agreed to taper the last 8' so it is only 3' tall at the sidewalk and pedestrians have a chance. Hedge is 100% on their side. If it was my house it would be gone very quickly.
We had one along the driveway when we bought and it was 8 feet high right to the sidewalk. For the visibility reasons we cut it down to 4 feet after a few years but being a cedar the interior was bare and ugly.

We cut it down completely, preparing to replace it and get closer to what we had before. A friend suggested we wait a few weeks before we replanted. We got used to the new look and threw down sod instead.

That was before the e-bike, scooter issue and I can't imagine the visibility problems with those things shooting by at 25-30 KPH. It's a side walk. SIDE of the road. WALK, typical speed 5 KPH.

At our previous house, the original owner planted a bush to hide the cable and phone boxes. They never trimmed it and it grew into a ugly monster that blocked all visibility when trying to back out of driveway.
One day a tree service was cutting down a neighbor's tree, when they were wrapping up I asked how much to remove the monster bush.
They said 100 bucks cash, paid them and they cut it down and ground down stumps. No complaints as it was 100% on my property but they cut my neighbor's cable line, but he was cool stuff happens..

The hedge has become overgrown through neglect and multiple arborists have said it's not reversible. At 50 feet long it's about 8 feet thick, so 400 SF of greenery. We both want to keep it but the thickness and height is awkward as a DIY.
Our house has a 50' privet hedge that is 7' tall and 8-10' wide.
When I was po I used shears on it and it took me 3-4hrs from start to finish and I would trim it 3x year. Now I use a Stihl battery powered articulating trimmer and it's done in around 30 minutes, with an extra 15 minutes for cleanup. It's lighter and quieter than a gas trimmer and the small battery will easily do the hedge in one go. HLA 66 Professional Long-Reach Battery Hedge Trimmer

No way you should be paying $500 to trim a hedge like that!

Our house has a 50' privet hedge that is 7' tall and 8-10' wide.
When I was po I used shears on it and it took me 3-4hrs from start to finish and I would trim it 3x year. Now I use a Stihl battery powered articulating trimmer and it's done in around 30 minutes, with an extra 15 minutes for cleanup. It's lighter and quieter than a gas trimmer and the small battery will easily do the hedge in one go. HLA 66 Professional Long-Reach Battery Hedge Trimmer

No way you should be paying $500 to trim a hedge like that!
I have a Ryobi one but getting to the top of the beast is hard. The pros use a pole adapter. The neighbour also has some other work done but nothing that requires climbing.

The nursery we just ordered our tree from also pointed out the details of proper trimming to avid long term damage to the trees.

Back
Top Bottom