Inflation ... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Inflation ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 50930
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50930

When will our MPPs do something about this -_-"?

Everything is going up but salaries are not keeping up..

Recently, I went to Costco and their food court container has shrunk :[

This is out of scope for MPPs, talk to your MP. Tell him you want the JT's feds to stop printing and handing out free money.

If you flood the market with cash, goods and services become more expensive - wages will go up, but that will lag by a long time.

The winners are those with equity - as the value of things go up, those who own things get richer. Those with no assets get poorer.

An economist might call printing money a tax, which by definition is true.

@george__ technology work is anti inflationary in nature. I don't totally understand why; I asked some fancy finanical friend who does this stuff for a living.

You were going into tech right? Just get in and keep climbing, you'll beat inflation. Despite the fact that @Mad Mike educated me on how our salaries haven't gone up vs the 90s, it's still ridiculously high compared to standard of living and average two income salary, and only going up right now. Colleague of mine recently jumped from $80k to $135k when I told him about the trend and he told his manager.

Worry about the system after. Putting your hopes into the government doesnt really do ****, they can try balancing all they want but there will always be losers.

We already printed 6 billion I think, so damage is done. Up to us indnviduals to adapt.

Edit: if you aren't a lazy mofo like me, you can go straight into consulting. It's certain that the technical debt piled around world wide is gonna need fixing, present yourself as Jesus to these companies.

We already printed 6 billion I think, so damage is done. Up to us indnviduals to adapt.
Umm. I think you are off by two orders of magnitude. They were doing about 5 billion a week at one point. They made up about $12,000 for every person in Canada. Some aren't citizens so they don't inherit a portion of that mess. Those with assets got way more than 12,000 in phantom money. Those without assets that had stable employment got nothing. JT literally robbed those trying hardest to make it in life. He handed out far more to those that sat at home.

620x-1.png

Last edited:
Umm. I think you are off by two orders of magnitude. They were doing about 5 billion a week at one point. They made up about $12,000 for every person in Canada. Some aren't citizens so they don't inherit a portion of that mess. Those with assets got way more than 12,000 in phantom money. Those without assets that had stable employment got nothing. JT literally robbed those trying hardest to make it in life. He handed out far more to those that sat at home.

620x-1.png
See, I try my best not to think about this because it ******* pisses me off. My buddy did tell me it's 600 billion...my brain trimmed the numbers because WHAT THE ****.

I'm very much aware I'm gonna be paying for these sack of **** negative throughputs with my tax. Biggest reason why I want Trudeau to get the **** out.

@george__ technology work is anti inflationary in nature. I don't totally understand why; I asked some fancy finanical friend who does this stuff for a living.

You were going into tech right? Just get in and keep climbing, you'll beat inflation. Despite the fact that @Mad Mike educated me on how our salaries haven't gone up vs the 90s, it's still ridiculously high compared to standard of living and average two income salary, and only going up right now. Colleague of mine recently jumped from $80k to $135k when I told him about the trend and he told his manager.

Worry about the system after. Putting your hopes into the government doesnt really do ****, they can try balancing all they want but there will always be losers.

Edit: if you aren't a lazy mofo like me, you can go straight into consulting. It's certain that the technical debt piled around world wide is gonna need fixing, present yourself as Jesus to these companies.
See, I try my best not to think about this because it ******* pisses me off. My buddy did tell me it's 600 billion...my brain trimmed the numbers because WHAT THE ****.

I'm very much aware I'm gonna be paying for these sack of **** negative throughputs with my tax. Biggest reason why I want Trudeau to get the **** out.
You actually paid a good chunk already. Printing cash dilutes the economy, makes imports more expensive AND persistent higher than expected inflation.

You actually paid a good chunk already. Printing cash dilutes the economy, makes imports more expensive AND persistent higher than expected inflation.
Whats your opinion on world wide inflation? I know we've printed a **** ton but so has everyone else right?

620x-1.png

How many Canadians understand economics beyond "How much does that work out to per month?"

FWIW I've averaged about 15% on investments for the last 5 months (I'm retired and have a pretty conservative portfolio) . Some time soon I expect the feces to hit the fan.

When they started figuring out the monthly price, they up and changed it to weekly....get this car for ONLY $90/week for 96 months....what a deal!
We had one daycare that charged weekly instead of monthly. I was talking to one parent and said that it was a smart way to increase the price without looking like you were increasing the price and the other parent didnt understand why it was any different than monthly billing as there were four weeks in every month. Facepalm.

We had one daycare that charged weekly instead of monthly. I was talking to one parent and said that it was a smart way to increase the price without looking like you were increasing the price and the other parent didnt understand why it was any different.
Ya. Our daycare started going to a straight month cost because they were getting people wound up (including me) when depending on how the month fell...you'd pay for 5 weeks one month, 3 weeks another month, 4 the following month...just a straight shot simple price.

I checked and the price is the same though.

thats great news. we are facing an obesity epidemic, , and most really need less calories.
The average American, and I assume Canadians aren't too far off, consumes about 800 calories per day above what is needed for a healthy diet. That means that if every two of us sent what we shouldn't be eating to a refugee camp we could take about 200 million people from starvation levels to a healthy level. EVERYONE would be physically healthier and there would be a lot fewer wanting to kill us.

We had one daycare that charged weekly instead of monthly. I was talking to one parent and said that it was a smart way to increase the price without looking like you were increasing the price and the other parent didnt understand why it was any different than monthly billing as there were four weeks in every month. Facepalm.
4.35 weeks per month = 9% increase.

There is nothing wrong with weekly if it helps the budget for a person with a weekly pay cheque but I always look at the yearly cost. Two coffees a day pays for my car insurance.

FWIW I've averaged about 15% on investments for the last 5 months (I'm retired and have a pretty conservative portfolio) . Some time soon I expect the feces to hit the fan.
Congrats, the 15% ROI is in the upper percentile of investment returns!
What is Plan B when your forecast (feces to hit the fan) takes place?
- stay put and hope for a recovery?
- cash out, take the tax hit and mattress the printed IOUs (aka hard cash)?
- move the investments into an offshore trust (apparently it is the practice of many of the wealthy)?
Just askin' ....

Back
Top Bottom