I been labelled " HIGH RISK" .... what now.. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I been labelled " HIGH RISK" .... what now..

Facility Association is the insurer of last resort. As for affordable, I am uncertain.

If he is high-risk, the odds are he is being quoted facility already. That price should be independent of the broker you use (assuming they all enter the same data).

Unfortunately OP, as has been stated before, you are high-risk, to reduce your premiums, you can ride a smaller bike, or not insure your bike until some of the tickets have dropped, it's not complicated.

There is no disputing it -- four convictions makes you ineligible for insurance with pretty much any standard insurance carrier, ESPECIALLY combined with your choice of bike. If you are over 30yo, you could give TD a shot . . . but if they won't write you for an affordable rate on that bike, then no one will. If you want to continue riding and paying less than $7000/yr, you have ot get rid of the GSXR and buy a non-SS bike. Your other option is to park the bike until some convcitions drop off your record (which takes 3 years).

There is no disputing it -- four convictions makes you ineligible for insurance with pretty much any standard insurance carrier, ESPECIALLY combined with your choice of bike. If you are over 30yo, you could give TD a shot . . . but if they won't write you for an affordable rate on that bike, then no one will. If you want to continue riding and paying less than $7000/yr, you have ot get rid of the GSXR and buy a non-SS bike. Your other option is to park the bike until some convcitions drop off your record (which takes 3 years).

Ouch! ride safe people!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Go to an MTO kisok and print out your drivers abstract. Cost something like $15.

If you had these tickets all within 5 years chances are some of them are off your record by now.

Have you called John Duffy yet? They've been giving my friends good rates

Go to an MTO kisok and print out your drivers abstract. Cost something like $15.

If you had these tickets all within 5 years chances are some of them are off your record by now.

Have you called John Duffy yet? They've been giving my friends good rates

That's a good suggestion if the OP doesn't remember the exact dates of the convictions. This is the same abstract that your insurer would see.

Some insurance companies say you have 3 moving violations that they will penialize you for. Statefarm sees 5. Administrative tickets effect your primium with them. I hate them.

Last edited:
If the OP stores the bike until his record clears does he end up with a start up fee hit?

if your selling your bike, im looking for 1 :)

hey there guys,

as stated, been riding for 5+ years on a 636, recently sold it, got a gix 750,
upon doing that i got reviewed and my ins comp (state farm) didnt like what they
saw and fired me! i have 4tickets over the last 5yrs..
2 minor speeding
2 failure to produce proof of ins
and one stop sign failure..

most recent was the stop sign.. in july of 2010.

i been told im high risk now, and my policy is done with sfarm as of june 15th.
im currently paying 82$ a month.

got a couple high risk quotes.. and the best so far was 8000$ a year!!!!

HELP ME

whos the best?
can i dispute being put in high risk?

any info will be great.. thanks guys

Drew

If you're over 30, a Jevco broker will be able to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom