I been labelled " HIGH RISK" .... what now.. | GTAMotorcycle.com

I been labelled " HIGH RISK" .... what now..

1sikride

hey there guys,

as stated, been riding for 5+ years on a 636, recently sold it, got a gix 750,
upon doing that i got reviewed and my ins comp (state farm) didnt like what they
saw and fired me! i have 4tickets over the last 5yrs..
2 minor speeding
2 failure to produce proof of ins
and one stop sign failure..

most recent was the stop sign.. in july of 2010.

i been told im high risk now, and my policy is done with sfarm as of june 15th.
im currently paying 82$ a month.

got a couple high risk quotes.. and the best so far was 8000$ a year!!!!

HELP ME

whos the best?
can i dispute being put in high risk?

any info will be great.. thanks guys

Drew

first off you need to downgrade from that 750 to a 250....then you'll get reasonable high risk insurance.

lmao.. thats not going to happen...

i just bought and painted the 750 and did it all up nice..

so looks like im gonna be parking it for 2yrs or selling it????

yep same as a lot pf people. In ontario they really try to ass rape with a smile.

Sent from my XT720 using Tapatalk

Like the old cliché goes, take it to the track.

You're SOL for insurance. All of your tickets were "minor" and if you racked up more than 2 in 3 years, you can be considered high risk. Points don't matter, fine amount doesn't matter, all they see are "convictions." Knowing that the tickets expire 3 years from the time you made the not-so-smart decision to pay them, how many do you have on your record? When will they expire? (hint: 3 years after you paid them) That should tell you when you can get back on the horse. Otherwise, store or sell.

You're SOL for insurance. All of your tickets were "minor" and if you racked up more than 2 in 3 years, you can be considered high risk. Points don't matter, fine amount doesn't matter, all they see are "convictions." Knowing that the tickets expire 3 years from the time you made the not-so-smart decision to pay them, how many do you have on your record? When will they expire? (hint: 3 years after you paid them) That should tell you when you can get back on the horse. Otherwise, store or sell.

Actually 3yrs from conviction date which may not be necessarily the date of payment.

Actually 3yrs from conviction date which may not be necessarily the date of payment.

It is if he never took them to court and he never indicated that he did. Under those circumstances, chances are that the payment date is the conviction date.

so if he paid the tickets hes not considered high risk???

He is.. Paying your tickets = automatically convicting yourself.

for insurance ticket all u need to do is take ur proof of insurance to the court and they'll trash ur ticket even before u get into the line for the court room. (i've gotten 2 and 1 failure to show ownership and they've all been thrown out this way)

hey there guys,

as stated, been riding for 5+ years on a 636, recently sold it, got a gix 750,
upon doing that i got reviewed and my ins comp (state farm) didnt like what they
saw and fired me! i have 4tickets over the last 5yrs..
2 minor speeding
2 failure to produce proof of ins
and one stop sign failure..

most recent was the stop sign.. in july of 2010.

i been told im high risk now, and my policy is done with sfarm as of june 15th.
im currently paying 82$ a month.

got a couple high risk quotes.. and the best so far was 8000$ a year!!!!

HELP ME

whos the best?
can i dispute being put in high risk?

any info will be great.. thanks guys

Drew

Shop a broker to two. It will validate/confirm what you already know. You never you know, they might be able to find a better quote.

By my count, it looks like 5 tickets.

Good luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom