Hundreds of speeders nabbed by police on rural Burlington roads | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hundreds of speeders nabbed by police on rural Burlington roads

Actually, cop is a slang term for Police Officer. Pig is the derogatory form.

Yes, sorry. But still, "pig" is derogatory slang but doesn't actually really mean much while "pedophile" actually has a very bad true meaning.

Actually, cop is a slang term for Police Officer. Pig is the derogatory form.

Agreed, not sure why my original post calling this out was deleted by the moderator.

Yes, sorry. But still, "pig" is derogatory slang but doesn't actually really mean much while "pedophile" actually has a very bad true meaning.

Depends on the intent and the recipient. I've heard someone here called a Pedophile, or Pedobear at least, a long time ago.

Pig is usually used to spit in the person's face with the "P" sound.

I believe that it is inappropriate for you to try and raise the race card in this topic.

The only thing I'm saying is that my impression of the police (Toronto & Ontario) is not great, and that is based on my limited personal experiences and media & Youtube exposure. I sympathize with those who have had worse experiences. Are you saying all those people doing the "Black lives matter" protests have got it wrong?

Ok so feel free to post actual STATS from Ontario, (I could care less about what a California study shows as I don't live and drive/ride in California. Many US states have no helmet laws but that isn't relevant here, so why would a speed study done elsewhere be relevant here? So post STATS that either show speed was or wasn't a factor in crashes. Yes the police, CAA, Truckers Association all run and support the speed kills message. BUT the police don't say at an accident scene speed KILLS, they merely state it was A factor, not the ONLY factor. If your impaired and going 30 over and crash then there are more than one factor, but your speed is still A factor.

I never once quoted a California study or said that police say "speed kills" in interviews. I specifically said the words "speed was a factor", which is the media message in the broader campaign generally known as "Speed Kills".

My point that the politicians set the speed limits is people saying it is a "cash grab" Firstly, the police don't set the rules they merely enforce them, therefore it is not a cash grab of their making. Secondly, it is like the lottery is a cash grab, BUT in both cases you have the option not to participate in the game. If you don't buy a lottery ticket, then no cash grab, if you speed within what is considered "acceptable", (generally 15 km leeway), then no cash grab

I agreed with you that politicians set the rules, but I don't agree with you that police merely enforce them. Police, just like insurance companies, take advantage of rules set for political reasons. They are the ones winning the lottery.

The 85th percentile as a proven transportation planning method that reflects the speed most people naturally feel comfortable driving at. To say "you have the option not to participate in the game" is to say that you should drive in a manner that is not comfortable or natural for the majority of the people just because some politicians approved an arbitrarily low limit. And isn't 15 over at the discretion of the officer. I have been ticketed at 10 over (actual speed), and I'm sure many others here can post similar experiences.

As for police choosing to do speed enforcement to the exclusion of all other charges, (which is what you implied), this simply is not the case. Normally speed enforcement is conducted on a regular basis by traffic officers. these are dedicated officers for traffic enforcement, when no investigating traffic collisions, then they do other traffic enforcement sometimes speed, sometimes seat belts sometimes distracted etc. Yes it is true it is easier to get a conviction on a speeding charge as it is black and white, (assuming the radar paperwork is in order etc). Rather than blame the police blame the crowns, and JP's, who don't want to deal with "tougher charges" and want the lowest hanging fruit charges.

I never said police enforce speeding to the exclusion of other offences. I said that I believe that it is easiest to enforce and most prevalent. You like stats. Prove me wrong. Get stats for Toronto or Ontario OPP traffic offences and show me that speeding represents less than 50% of the charges laid. 50% + 1 would mean that it was greater than all other traffic charges combined. Even if it was less than 50%, I seriously doubt that any other infraction was higher. So you're saying the crown & JP's reach for the low hanging fruit, but the police don't? That's some serious denial. I think everyone does, its human nature.

Yes fine revenue currently goes PARTIALLY to the police service, some is withheld by the province for court costs etc. It takes one vote from the provnical government to change it. It was the province that changed it decades ago, it used to go 100% to the general revenue pool. The Government changed it, they have the power to change it back. So lobby your MPP. To say an individual officer is in a "conflict of interest" is not accurate. To be in a conflict of interest the officer must benefit DIRECTLY from the situation. No officer benefits directly from the collection of court fines.

I have seen police take aggressive and inappropriate action to increase their budget. I have no reason to believe that they would stand quietly by if a vote was taking at the Provincial legislature to divert funds away from current police budgets.

Yesterday I was speaking with a lawyer about the issue. He wanted to confirm whether he could take a client who may have a conflict with another lawyer in his firm, and his client. He wanted to see if the 2 positions were the same or if a benefit to one would hurt the other. If so, he could not take the case because the firm would have a conflict. Same thing here. If the police department benefits, the officer benefits. Are you saying that if a police budget were reduced because of a lesser dollar value in convictions, the officers would not be impacted? Then why did so many agree to occupy City Hall back in 2002. I'm saying that I believe that there is a conflict. I also said that I believe that a judge or JP would never have the balls to issue such a ruling.

The only thing I'm saying is that my impression of the police (Toronto & Ontario) is not great, and that is based on my limited personal experiences and media & Youtube exposure. I sympathize with those who have had worse experiences. Are you saying all those people doing the "Black lives matter" protests have got it wrong?

I didn't say anyone "had it wrong" including those in the black lives matter movement. If they believe they have a valid point to make then they should make it. I would encorurage any group who feel they have an issue which needs to be addressed to do so through peaceful demonstarations. Using youtube to form an opinion, really isn't a proper, (IMHO), way to form that opinion. If it were then surely everyone who thinks those that ride sport bikes are a holes would be justified given the number of youtube videos posted by such riders. I try rather to take a more reasonable approach, which would to be judge each person based upon my dealings with them rather than try to judge an entire profession upon the actions of a few, (yes even if there were 200 officers at city hall in 2002 that is still a small representation, of the more than 7,000 TPS employees). Do I feel everyone who wears a uniform is above reproach? Not in the least there are "those who are bad apples" and shouldn't be wearing the uniform. Just as there are persons in the military, engineering, fire, ems, city employees etc etc etc.

I guess I got confused about your comment that police run "speed kills" campaigns based upon this statement by you.

"The police are actively involved in the "speed kills" campaign"

As for the comment on not using California or other non relevant studies. The 85 percentile study that you are quoting is the reason I asked to use Ontario based studies and stats.

Last edited:
I didn't say anyone "had it wrong" including those in the black lives matter movement. If they believe they have a valid point to make then they should make it. I would encorurage any group who feel they have an issue which needs to be addressed to do so through peaceful demonstarations. Using youtube to form an opinion, really isn't a proper, (IMHO), way to form that opinion. If it were then surely everyone who thinks those that ride sport bikes are a holes would be justified given the number of youtube videos posted by such riders. I try rather to take a more reasonable approach, which would to be judge each person based upon my dealings with them rather than try to judge an entire profession upon the actions of a few, (yes even if there were 200 officers at city hall in 2002 that is still a small representation, of the more than 7,000 TPS employees). Do I feel everyone who wears a uniform is above reproach? Not in the least there are "those who are bad apples" and shouldn't be wearing the uniform. Just as there are persons in the military, engineering, fire, ems, city employees etc etc etc.

I guess I got confused about your comment that police run "speed kills" campaigns based upon this statement by you.

The good cops don't out the "few bad apples". That makes them all bad, especially when it comes to the ones that are dangerous or have a specific bias against a certain group they are sworn to protect.

As for the comment on not using California or other non relevant studies. The 85 percentile study that you are quoting is the reason I asked to use Ontario based studies and stats.

My reference to YouTube has more to do with what I believe is the greatest step forward in police accountability in recent years. If it is a factor in the choice to test police body cameras, then that's also a good thing provided public (or at least to the other person involved in a specific police encounter) access to unedited footage is available. But still, if police & crown prosecution rates were the same as the SIU's, heads would be rolling.

You need to get beyond the "few bad apples" rhetoric if you want to fairly assess if there's a problem within the police culture. 500 + officers didn't just happen to show up at City Hall that day. I don't know if it was organized by the union or the force itself, but it certainly was organized.

I work in planning and I know that the 85th percentile is a recognized transportation standard and tool used everywhere, not just in California. The problem is that it's not used to trump politics and set speed limits here.

Last edited:

No, I'm saying that a white male speaking about hundreds of speeding charges, shouldn't go off on a tangent.

The good cops don't out the "few bad apples". That makes them all bad, especially when it comes to the ones that are dangerous or have a specific bias against a certain group they are sworn to protect.

The good citizens don't out the "few bad apples", that makes them all bad, especially when it comes to the ones that are dangerous or have a specific bias against a certain group they are sworn to protect.

Notice how it goes both ways? You could even substitute "good drivers" in there or possibly "good riders", if there were any.

My reference to YouTube has more to do with what I believe is the greatest step forward in police accountability in recent years. If it is a factor in the choice to test police body cameras, then that's also a good thing provided public (or at least to the other person involved in a specific police encounter) access to unedited footage is available. But still, if police & crown prosecution rates were the same as the SIU's, heads would be rolling.

You need to get beyond the "few bad apples" rhetoric if you want to fairly assess if there's a problem within the police culture. 500 + officers didn't just happen to show up at City Hall that day. I don't know if it was organized by the union or the force itself, but it certainly was organized.

I work in planning and I know that the 85th percentile is a recognized transportation standard and tool used everywhere, not just in California. The problem is that it's not used to trump politics and set speed limits here.

The SIU's mandate is different than the Crown's.
There doesn't have to be a crime or a charge for them to get involved.

No, I'm saying that a white male speaking about hundreds of speeding charges, shouldn't go off on a tangent.

The good citizens don't out the "few bad apples", that makes them all bad, especially when it comes to the ones that are dangerous or have a specific bias against a certain group they are sworn to protect.

Notice how it goes both ways? You could even substitute "good drivers" in there or possibly "good riders", if there were any.

That's the dumbest thing i've read. Do citizens know every law in the book? What is considered good or bad?

****** way to doge the point.....

Shame on you

Btw did you miss the part " sworn and protect"?

Last edited:

Youtube is a channel of media where info can be shared. Telling us Youtube is not a good way to form an opinion is as dumb as telling everyone to not bother watching TV or reading newspapers. It's up to the audience that can see the credits of the source.

You sound just like what i had in mind about you. Too bad you compare that to calling a priest a pedophile... I think calling you nothingbut a saint is more appropriate..... St. Hedo... Who is Cool that you had me confused with?

That's the dumbest thing i've read. Do citizens know every law in the book? What is considered good or bad?

Shame on you

No citizens don't need to know every law in the book, just look at shootings like the one at the night club the other night on the CNE grounds are the witnesses lined up to out the "bad apples"? Surely even the most clueless among us realize that killing someone is wrong? Or how about the shooting of the two in the Cafe in Vaughan, police released a VERY high quality photo of the suspect, yet in over a month no one stepped up to turn in that "bad apple" So it is ok for one set of humans to do nothing and it is perfectly acceptable yet another group isn't given the same level of opportunity?

I highly doubt the other poster was suggesting that an ordinary citizen should "turn in" another citizen for a minor infraction. If as an adult you don't have the ability to distinguish between what is considered good or bad then there is a much larger issue at play.

FYI there are cases, of good cops turning in bad ones, that is why each force has a professional standards branch, but just like ordinary citizens it is only the "media sensationized" cases that we as the general public hear about, just as we don't hear when Joe Blow is arrested for having 2 grams of cocaine, yet we do hear when someone is arrested with 200 Kgs. But those facts don't align with your bias.

Face: Go back and read the media reports of the 2002 city council meeting that demonstartion was reported as being organized by the UNION not the TPS. Just as I stated earlier if a group has an issue they feel needs to be addressed then they, (under our Charter of Rights), are permitted to hold a peaceful demonstration. Just because one wears a uniform they can not be denied their rights

Youtube is a channel of media where info can be shared. Telling us Youtube is not a good way to form an opinion is as dumb as telling everyone to not bother watching TV or reading newspapers. It's up to the audience that can see the credits of the source.

You sound just like what i had in mind about you. Too bad you compare that to calling a priest a pedophile... I think calling you nothingbut a saint is more appropriate..... St. Hedo... Who is Cool that you had me confused with?

So your suggesting Youtube gives the ENTIRE story and never has critical portions "accidently" edited out, if that fits the posters agenda? Or that main stream media always gives the WHOLE story? Off you go Cool. I will add this user nic to your growing list of aliases, and place this one on the ignore list as well. I believe it was Paul who stated trolling is no longer permitted on GTAM, Now let's see if he is willing to back up his stance?

Shame on you

You should definitely proof-read your stuff then, before sending it.

Why oh why does every single thread that has the word 'police' in it always end up as a FTP one ?????

So your suggesting Youtube gives the ENTIRE story and never has critical portions "accidently" edited out, if that fits the posters agenda? Or that main stream media always gives the WHOLE story? Off you go Cool. I will add this user nic to your growing list of aliases, and place this one on the ignore list as well. I believe it was Paul who stated trolling is no longer permitted on GTAM, Now let's see if he is willing to back up his stance?

First you're mad because someone called you a pig on a forum.

Then you said YouTube is bad for misleading people.

What's next? Blaming the internet for .... Child porn, drugs trade, evil scams,....? Oh don't forget insulting either.

As i already said it's upto the audience to filter the info. You're suggesting the poster Face is not competent enough to check the source?

Why do you keep calling me Cool? It's how you did your police work? ..... Perfect example to prove my point.

Ps. You probably don't know or don't care but many activists rely on channel like Youtube to voice their views... When mainstream medias ignore them ...

Last edited:
Why oh why does every single thread that has the word 'police' in it always end up as a FTP one ?????

Nobody says FTP. But many agree the increase in speeding tickets are related to " revenue" collectors. Some will deny it and will try to portray themselves as saints. Only a few bad saints tho....

Nobody says FTP. But many agree the increase in speeding tickets are related to " revenue" collectors. Some will deny it and will try to portray themselves as saints. Only a few bad saints tho....

Most see it as more of a stupidity tax though.

Most see it as more of a stupidity tax though.

If you put it that way.....

Most see riders as idiots.... Including you .... Even though you never speed....

Most see buying luxury/exotic sport cars as stupidity because .... Why would you want to drive it on the road without going over speed limit....?

The fact is.... "most" lives a horrible life and better to get laid than trying to prove they're saints on the internet

If you put it that way.....

Most see riders as idiots.... Including you .... Even though you never speed....

Most see buying luxury/exotic sport cars as stupidity because .... Why would you want to drive it on the road without going over speed limit....?

The fact is.... "most" lives a horrible life and better to get laid than trying to prove they're saints on the internet

Are you sure you aren't Cool? His posts made as much sense as yours do...

Back
Top Bottom