HOV Lane....fingers crossed everyone | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

HOV Lane....fingers crossed everyone

The HOV lanes on hwy 7 and 404 north of the 401 are rarely policed - despite travelling them daily, I have only seen enforcement once in the last 2 years. They are basically useless if traffic is congested in the open lanes, single drivers simply disregard the rules if those lanes save them time.

How is enforcement on the QEW?

But from the sound of your post, it does upset you, at least as much as you think it upsets them.

Hey,"Baggsy" Happy to say it does not upset me. Whenever, I am on the bike nothing is ever allowed to upset me. As in real life. Positive thinking only. Like to be happy. Thanks for the caring.

I've seen A LOT more bikes in the HOV lane on the way to work in mornings on 403 than usual. Saw 3 today. 2 cars pulled over, but no bikes. Does the OPP just not care because within 2 weeks it may be legal and don't wanna waste their time?

I've seen A LOT more bikes in the HOV lane on the way to work in mornings on 403 than usual. Saw 3 today. 2 cars pulled over, but no bikes. Does the OPP just not care because within 2 weeks it may be legal and don't wanna waste their time?
Ask them! lol

I imagine a large majority of the community isn't aware of it being on the road to legal anyways.

They'd say its legal then ding me with a ticket LOL!
They might not have been briefed, so do you want to waste some time in court, or wait for the official announcement/signage? What's the risk worth to you?

Has anybody seen any signs going up. Hopefully, starting Monday. Happy Canada Day

I saw nothing Thursday riding from Burlington to markham... just a waiting game now - side note, I think they increased the Niagara stretch of the QEW speed limit too, but still no sign changes (or am I wrong about the increase?)

Thanks, "JFD"

Spoke to OPP in Burlington yesterday. This time I got a really nice guy. Not like the last OPP general phone number. Snooty nosed woman.
He is a civilian. However, he actually spoke to an OPP officer and said nobody has been issued any updates.

Who knows?

Anyone been pulled over for starting early yet?

Back
Top Bottom