HOV Lane....fingers crossed everyone | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

HOV Lane....fingers crossed everyone

Hmm ..I dont see reference to single occupancy motorcycles. Only those that have 2 persons

e6c4b8548743836c7168b72145fc0464.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn now I can use it and not be paranoid! ?
"The following vehicles have unrestricted access to HOV lanes, no matter how many passengers they are carrying"
Motorcycles.
So yes single riders can legally now use HOV lanes

I am spreading the word to my family and friends that they will start seeing single-rider motorcycles in the HOV lanes on the 400 series hwys so they will expect it.
I figure it’s the least I can do to edumacate as many cagers as possible about the change .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signs are up on the 403!!
I didn't notice on the drive into work this morning! I'll keep an eye out. Will commute on the bike tomorrow though. This will save me 30 minutes each way.
Crazy to think I sit 40 hours a month in my vehicle commuting to work. Haven't bothered commuting much this year as I'd prefer to sit and relax in bumper to bumper traffic than on my bike watching it want over heat and have the fan on 24/7. Now that I'll actually be moving has changed everything. FINALLY!

Signs are NOT up here. I'll probably wait, since I'm not in Toronto and there's no real traffic here anyways.

Using HOV lanes in the GTA could be more dangerous than it's worth...especially for riders. Four reasons why I stopped using HOV lanes altogether.

1) Cars darting in and out illegally, either intentionally or through ignorance.
2) Single passenger cars worrying more about getting caught than focusing on safe driving.
3) Cagers thinking that HOV lanes are like the Autobahn with no speed limit, constantly riding your tail.
4) Lack of law enforcement in most areas.

No thanks.

Using HOV lanes in the GTA could be more dangerous than it's worth...especially for riders. Four reasons why I stopped using HOV lanes altogether.

1) Cars darting in and out illegally, either intentionally or through ignorance.
2) Single passenger cars worrying more about getting caught than focusing on safe driving.
3) Cagers thinking that HOV lanes are like the Autobahn with no speed limit, constantly riding your tail.
4) Lack of law enforcement in most areas.

No thanks.

All good points. However, so far. No problems. Touch wood.
Also no signs on the 410 this morning.

Good to know. Not sure I have ever seen an HOV lane in Ontario, usually when going to Toronto it is just to Pearson Airport, I make it a point to stay away unless I need to head out that way. I have used HOV lanes in the US out in Oregon and it was fantastic, traffic was stand still for miles and the HOV lane had us slide right through it all.

Back
Top Bottom