Hot tub anyone? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hot tub anyone?

Hey Mimico...

How about this one?

Please view this ad:

Nordic Sport 110V Hot Tub - Plug & Play (3 Months Old),

Price: $ 4,500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Just pay Mike or someone for the delivery. It can be upgraded to 220 later if you wish.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
On sale brand new from Jacuzziontario.com for $3995+tax. You can squeeze the guy on the price of the used one since he is asking full price of a new one including tax.

On sale brand new from Jacuzziontario.com for $3995+tax. You can squeeze the guy on the price of the used one since he is asking full price of a new one including tax.

I would offer 3 or buy the new one good find on the sale.

Sent from my K87CA using Tapatalk

I would offer 3 or buy the new one good find on the sale.

Sent from my K87CA using Tapatalk
Now he may find the same thing zoodles did and the new one may not arrive until months from now so the guy may get his money back on the used tub because someone doesn't want to wait.

Maybe see if the seller might take $3000 since they apparently are $4000. Then see where it goes.

Jacuzzi may even have stock. Who knows.

I do like the round tubs. The one Mike had here was like this one.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I’m leaning towards a 220V tub but will look at the ones posted by @Zoodles95 as well.

will try and find time to go to that expo. Might be worth a shot. But when I got their prices (signed up before I posted at Jacuzzi Ontario) I almost puked a little.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I’m leaning towards a 220V tub but will look at the ones posted by @Zoodles95 as well.

will try and find time to go to that expo. Might be worth a shot. But when I got their prices (signed up before I posted at Jacuzzi Ontario) I almost puked a little.
See what you think and also do some cursory research on the brand(s).

I should have posted last night. Had a wonderful soak and went in with the wife before work today.

Time tell if I keep up this level of usage. The pool's novelty sure never wore off. If it was hot I was in daily.

220v hot tubs are nice and all. But the wiring can be hella costly if your panel isn’t right near where your tub is located outside. And even if it is it’s still not a cheap wiring job.

Definitely get some quotes before deciding to go that route. I have a friend that ended up with a many thousands of dollars bill to get his big tub installed because after he bought it he found out that running around 100 feet of wire for a tub that needs a 60a service is not cheap. There’s also the risk your panel won’t support it by code if you’re already near max service, IE houses with 100a service to start.

220v hot tubs are nice and all. But the wiring can be hella costly if your panel isn’t right near where your tub is located outside. And even if it is it’s still not a cheap wiring job.

Definitely get some quotes before deciding to go that route. I have a friend that ended up with a many thousands of dollars bill to get his big tub installed because after he bought it he found out that running around 100 feet of wire for a tub that needs a 60a service is not cheap. There’s also the risk your panel won’t support it by code if you’re already near max service, IE houses with 100a service to start.
I guess that's why I had no problem with putting some money into that Softub. All in I am what a wiring job might cost. If Mimico were to buy a new softub for $4500 plus tax that is still less than many pay for a wiring job and pad. Best of all he could get $2500 to $3000 back in a few years if he decided to upgrade. Like pop up and hybrid travel trailers the Softubs hold their value.

I guess that's why I had no problem with putting some money into that Softub. All in I am what a wiring job might cost. If Mimico were to buy a new softub for $4500 plus tax that is still less than many pay for a wiring job and pad. Best of all he could get $2500 to $3000 back in a few years if he decided to upgrade. Like pop up and hybrid travel trailers the Softubs hold their value.

If I had to pay for the copper (yet alone pay for a sparky) I wouldn't have a tub. The run was about 50' inside and another 70'+ of Teck cable outdoors. They ran this right beside a very similar run feeding a subpanel for the pool. Afaik, they were part of the same project by the previous owner. The mind boggles. If they had just dropped 100A into the pool panel, it would have been a lot cheaper, easier, cleaner and more flexible.

~75' of 8/2 wire.
4 pcs conduit.
Panel breaker.
Spa box.
All supplied by a famous gtam personality / sparky.
I did all the labour and left the wire hanging with enough slack for him to hook up in the panel, and from the spa box to the tub.
The cost was far from a deal breaker.

My personal odometer may have turned over to 50 yesterday (November 12'th) but I got to live the dream. My hope was to have the tub sorted and get into it on my birthday.

Not only that I even got to take a dip with my Buddy before work...

Still playing with using the tub in the bifold mode. Makes it so easy to pop in for 10 to 20 minutes.

26 years on and for some reason she thinks I'm okay. :)

I was a bit uncertain about chemistry with a hot tub but so far this thing has been an easy ride. Just a tablespoon of chlorine granuals after every use followed by at least 10 minutes of max pump for 10 minutes with the cover open. Everything is still spot on!

Very cool night after work.

As part of my birthday gift my wife got me an underwater light. Will try it out...

She also got me a bottle of Drumshambo Gunpowder Gin. So looking to trying it once the weekend hits. :)

Fun! Makes a nice change of pace. Now I can do dark and star gazing. Outside rear lights, or now I can do mood lighting in the tub. This light may also be fun in the pool next summer in the evening.

It was a cool night and after a nice 35 minute soak the tub only lost a degree. Can't complain.

It’s not until temps get below -5 to
-10 or so, especially if it’s breezy, that temp loss over a shortish period of time becomes more of an issue.

Mimico!

Check this one out:

Please view this ad:

Soft tub - 4 person spa!,

Price: $ 500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Edit: I don't know is that is a model 140, 200, or a 300. You would have to bug them for an outside diameter.

That is the older model Hydromate. Not sure if there is 2 connections to the tub or 3. If 3 then easy peasy as the newer ones are all 3; even my old girl.

This middle aged bugger had another dip in the tub. Since I had to work Thursday and since it is my 50th I have decreed that my birthday will last all weekend! Middle aged break! Woo Hoo!

I lost a tooth years ago. My partial broke earlier this year. So, now I have Covid hair and I am missing a tooth! I try to hide it somewhat but you can see the gap in this pic if you look...

Earlier I went to Dirt Depot. Sand is to put in the Softub cushion to (hopefully) get it to be less buoyant. The concrete flat stones are to make a quasi pathway in the river rock area beside the Softub. Does it look okay?

This middle aged bugger had another dip in the tub. Since I had to work Thursday and since it is my 50th I have decreed that my birthday will last all weekend! Middle aged break! Woo Hoo!

I lost a tooth years ago. My partial broke earlier this year. So, now I have Covid hair and I am missing a tooth! I try to hide it somewhat but you can see the gap in this pic if you look...

Earlier I went to Dirt Depot. Sand is to put in the Softub cushion to (hopefully) get it to be less buoyant. The concrete flat stones are to make a quasi pathway in the river rock area beside the Softub. Does it look okay?

The stones seem far apart but you can tell when you walk them if they are unnatural. Visually, it looks like maybe one more would be better spacing but I am looking at a picture so I could be wrong.

Great work.

Back
Top Bottom