Hot tub anyone? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hot tub anyone?

Zoodles95

Site Supporter
Ummm. It looks like he is selling the tub and hydromate separately. Is that typical? He wants $500 for a hydromate. Does a new softub for $4500 include a hydromate?
I am tempted to snag that Hydromate. That is easily worth $500 if it is the age he says it is and it is sorted.

To buy the package? Only makes sense if you can get the cover done under $1000 tax in and the Hydromate does not have any issues and everything else is there.

I am still missing the vinyl wrap that goes over the foam insulation in the junction between the tub and Hydromate. That is on order. The "little stuff" adds up.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Zoodles95

Site Supporter
Mimico, I got this in my inbox yesterday:

Did you contact a couple of dealers and repair shops to see what a Tub reskin would cost? If it is reasonable then perhaps you may want to consider snagging that Softub set in Hamilton.

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Thanks @Zoodles95 ... Been too busy finishing up the garage and $3500 in on winter tires and a snow blower this week. So this had to be put off a tad! But will check the sale tomorrow.

nakkers

Site Supporter
As my wife an I were enjoying a soak this morning, one thing I noticed from having a “traditional” tub is having various seating options. As the temps change outside, you may want a seating position where your shoulders are below the water line. And other times, sit up higher. For our tub, the 4 corners have deep seats. Two of which are really deep, the other two are a couple inches higher and less inclined. And the seating in between the corners are the highest and a nice spot to cool down before slipping back down into a corner spot.

While the tub is a “7” person spa, for the two of us, it’s nice to have different seating options depending on the outside temps and time of day. Morning soak with a tea in the morning with light snowfall. Evening soak with the stars and plastic glass of whiskey or wine. Etc.

We are really enjoying it and just wanting to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoodles95

Site Supporter
As my wife an I were enjoying a soak this morning, one thing I noticed from having a “traditional” tub is having various seating options. As the temps change outside, you may want a seating position where your shoulders are below the water line. And other times, sit up higher. For our tub, the 4 corners have deep seats. Two of which are really deep, the other two are a couple inches higher and less inclined. And the seating in between the corners are the highest and a nice spot to cool down before slipping back down into a corner spot.

While the tub is a “7” person spa, for the two of us, it’s nice to have different seating options depending on the outside temps and time of day. Morning soak with a tea in the morning with light snowfall. Evening soak with the stars and plastic glass of whiskey or wine. Etc.

We are really enjoying it and just wanting to share.

I can totally see the benefit of that. Time will tell how this goes. One thing about this Softub though is that the 300 is 3" taller than the lessor models. I can easily sit and have my shoulders below the water line. So the depth is not an issue. While some areas of the tubs have different jets the variety is nothing like it would be in a typical 220 tub.

My wife floats! No way can I see us ever having a lounger; at least without a wet test.

I had to shovel off the poor cover!

Got into some Mexican Mules with the wife and enjoyed a wonderful soak together. This Softub is even better than I envisioned. No regrets. The only thing will be if we decide to upgrade in the future to have a variety of seating options and also more jets and more power. RIght now though I am one happy Zoodles!

Zoodles95

Site Supporter
Still loving the Softub. Went in for a good half hour last night. Now for me I do not get home until around 1 A.M. so my idea of "last night" means 2:30 or 3 A.M.

It did not know whether it wanted to rain, snow, or a weird freezing rain hybrid.

A bit overcast but was lovely looking at the snow in the trees and being all nice and warm even though it was a good -4 or so.

After a half hour it went from 104 to 103. It was not very windy so perhaps that's why the temperature held up. One nice thing about the Softub is that it uses recovered heat from the pump to heat so the pump has to run to keep the tub heater. So, as a 110 tub it can (and has to) have the pump running to get heat. No pump but no heat or heat but no pump.

No regrets here. Will let you all know how the Softub fares when the really cold stuff hits us in the next month or so. The main thing I miss is a light frankly which the new units come with.

nakkers

Site Supporter
Still loving the Softub. Went in for a good half hour last night. Now for me I do not get home until around 1 A.M. so my idea of "last night" means 2:30 or 3 A.M.

It did not know whether it wanted to rain, snow, or a weird freezing rain hybrid.

A bit overcast but was lovely looking at the snow in the trees and being all nice and warm even though it was a good -4 or so.

After a half hour it went from 104 to 103. It was not very windy so perhaps that's why the temperature held up. One nice thing about the Softub is that it uses recovered heat from the pump to heat so the pump has to run to keep the tub heater. So, as a 110 tub it can (and has to) have the pump running to get heat. No pump but no heat or heat but no pump.

No regrets here. Will let you all know how the Softub fares when the really cold stuff hits us in the next month or so. The main thing I miss is a light frankly which the new units come with.

We have a string of white Christmas lights near by and it’s perfect. We have lights in the tub and only the kids use it.

I wouldn’t sweat having no light for the tub itself.

Cheers!

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
We have a string of white Christmas lights near by and it’s perfect. We have lights in the tub and only the kids use it.

I wouldn’t sweat having no light for the tub itself.

Cheers!

If you have hot tub lights, almost universally they are turn off/on to change colour. 90% of the options are horrendous and we would never use. Having to flip through them all is annoying (who wants a strobing hot tub?). At various times we have used white, cyan and red. I think the tub does look better with some light in it but wouldnt be willing to pay to add it.

I wonder how long one of those floating white balls that light up would last? Toss it in the tub with you like an alien buddy and store it in the house between soaks and I think it would hold up.

Top Bottom