Hobbies? What keeps you sane? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hobbies? What keeps you sane?

Rob MacLennan

Site Supporter
I can't remember if we've had a thread like this before, so what the hell. Especially during the current times we need something to keep us from going stir crazy, so what hobbies (other than riding) have been keeping you sane? My hobbies (arguably) make me look somewhat less than sane, to the average person on the street, but they help keep me on a somewhat even keel. Bit of chainmailing/jewellery making, bit of leather work. Some other random stuff...

Attachments

• P2110001.JPG
    P2110001.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Q4220038.JPG
    Q4220038.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Q9042221.JPG
    Q9042221.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 37
  • QC271754.JPG
    QC271754.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 42
I would totally rock that hat.

My hobbies include:

Making bad jokes

Eating

Entering contests

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Fishing
working on my toys
spending time with fiends and family when i can
looking for the the next hottest deal to buy

Mediocre photographer, gardener, hockey player, motorcyclist, handgun/rifle/clays shooter…..but I enjoy them all.

Is tinkering considered a hobby?

I tinker with bikes, my old sled (pictured at a Guinness World record attempt), and bits of wood (lighthouse for the pond I finished this winter).

I've also started brewing my own hard cider - not so much a hobby as a source of untaxed alcohol.
IMG00486.JPGHPIM0813.jpg

Is tinkering considered a hobby?

I tinker with bikes, my old sled (pictured at a Guinness World record attempt), and bits of wood (lighthouse for the pond I finished this winter).

I've also started brewing my own hard cider - not so much a hobby as a source of untaxed alcohol.
View attachment 49083View attachment 49084
I was at that world record event, got caught in a freezing mist riding back to my buddies. Lots of neat old iron there that day

I would totally rock that hat.

My hobbies include:

Making bad jokes

Eating

Entering contests

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I've made a few hats.

Attachments

• 20210109_115006.jpg
    20210109_115006.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210212_132840.jpg
    20210212_132840.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 28
I was at that world record event, got caught in a freezing mist riding back to my buddies. Lots of neat old iron there that day
In St Marys? I was thinking our three old Kawi's was almost the entire vintage collection. Did you order the official participant document? Kind of a neat memento.

In St Marys? I was thinking our three old Kawi's was almost the entire vintage collection. Did you order the official participant document? Kind of a neat memento.
Yeah it was in that area, No i was down to support the group of my buddies out of London that was entered. I seen some older sleds that day. Rode from just west of Kitchener to get to the event.

I think they could have picked a better location for the event, The track or field was to small

will you eventually sell your BMW and get one? 😃

25b631e08d96b2d30d9c60dde400aaee.gif

Motorcycles (racing, dirt and street)
Stopped playing hockey (knees)
Stopped downhill skiing (knees)
Sold my horses

Reading that list makes me think I am getting old....

Hobbies... lots!

Tinkering with antique bikes
Gardening
Distilling
Fur work

Reading
Listening to music full blast and dancing around my living room in my pajamas
Colouring
Going for walks around the neighborhood
Watching motorcycle videos on YouTube (Itchy Boots, On Her Bike, C90 Adventures)
Word puzzles
Binge watching things like Stranger Things on Netflix
Building stuff/doing maintenance and repairs with my hubby

I remember this thread pops up every now and again, always forgot who made the chain mail. Good job @Rob MacLennan And I really love the hats in the second pic. Do you sell those?

As for me...do kids count? LoL

I flow through hobbies every now and again...after I sold the bike I tried to fill that void...

- LEGO
- puzzles
- reading
- LEGO
- LEGO
- Video games (PS4 and Switch)
- Binge watching shows (Breaking Bad, Schitt's Creek)
- Some home projects
- Brewing my delicious limoncello and grapefruit variety (still waiting for my rasberry and coffee varieties to mature)
- Trying to grow weed (unsuccessfully) so far
- Learning to properly bbq
- Back to riding

With more time off than usual, I bought some painting supplies, but haven’t opened them yet. My life, pre working 2 jobs to travel, used to engage in more visual crafts, took photography part time in college too. Would like to get back to it.

reality of my hobbies are working out at home, binge watching horror and comedy on Netflix/prime, online shopping, and attempting to train the budgies.

Back
Top Bottom