Has the city lost it's mind... | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Has the city lost it's mind...

Also in Milton:
Milton man charged with murder after allegedly shooting intruder makes brief appearance in court

Waiting to hear the real truth behind this but if what the lawyer says is correct, then this is a really bad look for the police. Failure to catch the third guy and charging the guy protecting himself and his mother against 3 armed robbers with second degree...

This article explains it.

From the article..
"The test for self-defence is so complicated, Friedman added, that the police tend “to leave that assessment of self-defence up to the Crown and the courts.”

I was friends with both my kids , still am. I was also a parent when needed and a parent first . Still am . It wasn’t hard but I had the benefit of growing up in a fairly normal home life , I learned parenting from my parents. There is a lot of that missing now .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
I'm friends with my kids, and all their friends -- always been thst way. My kids used to complain that their friends didn't have to cut grass, shovel snow, build decks or re-roof the family home.

Now they understand i did those things to teach them some skills, but mostly to teach them about work ethic. It's paid off for them, they're all in their 20s and they're making good lives good themselves.

None live in my basement.

I'm friends with my kids, and all their friends -- always been thst way. My kids used to complain that their friends didn't have to cut grass, shovel snow, build decks or re-roof the family home.

Now they understand i did those things to teach them some skills, but mostly to teach them about work ethic. It's paid off for them, they're all in their 20s and they're making good lives good themselves.

So you talked to your kids about the same things you talk to your friends about? How many women you've slept with? Eating their moms ass? Lol. I get what your saying, but it really just sounds like you were a great father.

It makes me so proud when my son calls me after a plumbing class and thanks me for teaching him so much (I really know just enough of some trades to be dangerous). He tells me about other kids that couldn't even swing a hammer.

It's a nice feeling when you fix something for a friend and they say "How did you know how to do that". Knowledge builds upon knowledge.

It's a nice feeling when you fix something for a friend and they say "How did you know how to do that". Knowledge builds upon knowledge.
Gramps was a mechanic, we kids learned lots, BUT there's always that one.
Brother changing oil in his bike, "anyone got more oil?" Put 7 liters in but still has room for more. :eek:
Working on his car. Comes in to TV room holding car part, "Got the auto choke off." Ummmm no, that's the cruise control.
We hid the tools, or supervised him from then on.

Same scenario in my life, but my daughter's are 40. A lot of thier highschool friends are fb friends with me. Social Media does have a positive vibe.

Being a good father is not hard . My two cents is talk with them , not to them . They have opinions and ideas , you don’t have to agree but it’s good to listen. They need to know they matter .
And saying no is not denying them independent growth , it’s helping them understand life is not timbit soccer , somebody keeps score .

I need to learn from the elders here. Being a good father isn’t easy, but I want to teach them so they can fend for themselves.
Your primary goal as a parent is to make sure they are prepared to look after themselves and their lives by the time they are 18. Take a moment to evaluate you progress every few months.

I made a few things priorities:

Team sports. Develop social skills, physical skills, and teaches them how to win, lose, lead and be led.

Individual activity. Every kid benefits from becoming good at something. Might be art, dance, music, or an individual sport - but something they can become good at.

Teach them basic life skills. Every kid should learn how to swim, setup and camp, how to wash dishes, do laundry, cut grass, shovel snow, clean, shave, ride a bicycle, change a tire... if you are Gandy or good at something, Teach them thst too.

Teach them how to give and earn respect - everywhere -- school, home, the law.

Don't be afraid of letting them learn hard lessons. Too much bubble wrap isn't a good thing.

Know what they are doing all the time, correct things before they go off the rails.

Advocate for them when they need it, don't expect teachers, doctors, coaches to do that.

There's a lot more to it than that those are things I alway paid attention to.

Teach them how to save money FFS. My dad had me save 10% of every pay check since my first job. Still haven’t touched that account in almost 25 years

Being a good father is not hard . My two cents is talk with them , not to them . They have opinions and ideas , you don’t have to agree but it’s good to listen. They need to know they matter .
And saying no is not denying them independent growth , it’s helping them understand life is not timbit soccer , somebody keeps score .

Also let them hear you talking to the SO about raises, costs of living, house expenses, job problems and life in general. Not in a whiny way but a facts of life and we can handle it way. Some kids don't know water isn't free.

The best part of the free lake water is it usually comes with other free stuff like petroleum products, e. coli, whatever. More free stuff!
Maybe for the inflation thread... Not long after we moved in we had a broken toilet in the basement we never use that gave us a shocking $600 water bill (Toronto is multiple months per bill and includes garbage...). Then one summer I replanted most of the lawn and watered like crazy, another shocking $600 bill.

Now I am shocked if it is less than $600! Of course two teenagers now as well, so not all the city's fault.

Last edited:
I was thinking about self important people and the paradox of them being in a rush because they feel important.

If a person really is important everyone will wait for them so they don't have to rush.

The most influential person in Hollywood could show up late at the Oscars in a Citroen 2CV wearing pajamas and still walk the red carpet to ooohs and aaahs.

"I'm important and in a hurry" is oxymoronic.

Couldn't believe it when I heard the news last night....RIP to the young man...100% random attack from the sounds of it.

And GWS to the latest victim of transit violence...(apparently this was a fight b/w people that knew each other)

Couldn't believe it when I heard the news last night....RIP to the young man...100% random attack from the sounds of it.

And GWS to the latest victim of transit violence...(apparently this was a fight b/w people that knew each other)

My kids go to the same high school as the victim that was killed. We got the letter today from the TDSB. Not sure yet if they knew him.

Another road rage today while out shopping. The person a couple cars back was blowing their horn because the car in front of me wasn't doing the right on red fast enough. Then it was my turn. As if it's my duty to make an unsafe turn for their convenience.

Is it just me or does everyone get riled and think retaliation? Sometimes it takes a while to chill out after. No gestures or eye contact.

Another road rage today while out shopping. The person a couple cars back was blowing their horn because the car in front of me wasn't doing the right on red fast enough. Then it was my turn. As if it's my duty to make an unsafe turn for their convenience.

Is it just me or does everyone get riled and think retaliation? Sometimes it takes a while to chill out after. No gestures or eye contact.
You can always non-aggressively get out and go look at the back of your car. Then just tell the idiot you thought he was signalling you that something was wrong with your car.... hanging bumper, flat tire....

You can always non-aggressively get out and go look at the back of your car. Then just tell the idiot you thought he was signalling you that something was wrong with your car.... hanging bumper, flat tire....
I've thought of that but getting out of the car could up the game if the other driver does the same with malice.

There is anger where a person is justifiably upset over an issue but still in control. Rage is when a person is so wound up that rational thought is no longer possible. Is it roid rage, Covid adjustment rage, economics rage, the great reset rage or a combination? Later they realize how stupid their behavior was, sometimes from behind bars.

Back
Top Bottom