FZR"400" project build | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZR"400" project build

Nothing fitting that description has been sold here, that is any newer in design than the FZR400 engine. Honda CB1's and Suzuki Bandit 400's are the same era of engine design and are even more rare.

Nothing fitting that description has been sold here, that is any newer in design than the FZR400 engine. Honda CB1's and Suzuki Bandit 400's are the same era of engine design and are even more rare.
That was my impression. I sold my CBR125R to a guy with a really beat up grey-market import CBR250 he was looking to get rid of, and it was f'n hard for me to resist offering to do a trade. :)

Not that it wasn't sold here, I don't think that it was ever produced period. Not in 4 stroke version anyways.

Popped the bike on the scale to satisfy my curiousity. Weighed 202lbs on the front and 193lbs on the rear. Totalling to 395lbs fully fueled, soaking wet. I have found reports ont he internet of the FZR400 being 415lbs wet. So I am a little disappointed that it isn't lighter given the weight of the subframe I shaved off, and the weight of the bodywork. I could have saved about 10lbs if I just went with the stock FZR swinger... lol Now I am thinking about going back. However I still think I will try to put the GSXR600 swingarm back on which will get me like 5lbs back. Luckily I have a stock FZR400 in the garage that I will throw on the scale too and report weight for.

stock fzr 400...you can hack the rear part of the subframe ...passanger seat area and save some more weight......

drill holes into bolts, etc etc ....you can save 2-3lbs by doing small stuff....smaller brake reservoirs...lighter clipons....remove passenger pegs...etc

stock fzr 400...you can hack the rear part of the subframe ...passanger seat area and save some more weight......

drill holes into bolts, etc etc ....you can save 2-3lbs by doing small stuff....smaller brake reservoirs...lighter clipons....remove passenger pegs...etc

Holes in the bolts down the center? or through the head?

Also I Was thinking of replacing all the little engine bolts with aluminum ones, lighter, and more blingy when anodized. I can get rid of the rear brake resevoir all together.

Holes in the bolts down the center? or through the head?

Also I Was thinking of replacing all the little engine bolts with aluminum ones, lighter, and more blingy when anodized. I can get rid of the rear brake resevoir all together.

you can do both....

Stole this from djltoronto's website....

hollowbolts.jpg

Question: How do you cut 20 kilos from the weight of a bike?

Answer: one gram at a time.

Ok so just got some more parts in to help out with my fuel injection process.

Got the tank trim pieces from Woodzee (Thanks for your help too). And got me a tank, with tank bracket, and fuel pump off ebay for a rediculously good price. Tank has a minor dent in it that I will fill in and paint over.

photo-1277.jpg

photo-1585.jpg

Front
photo-1484.jpg

Back end
photo-1072.jpg

Gotta fill this gap, probably going to use some 1/8" aluminum sheet.
photo-1506.jpg

Bonus: The YZF600R fuel cap works on this tank as well. In fact they are supposedly the same from 99-2011 haven't confirmed just what fleabay led me to believe.
photo-699.jpg

Please tell me you live in a condo and that white cube vans like my Econoline go unnoticed :cool:

Please tell me you live in a condo and that white cube vans like my Econoline go unnoticed :cool:

Not sure what you are referring to my friend. But I can tell you whoever tries to steal my bike had better be able to lift the bike above shoulder height if they have any hope of getting it out of the garage.

Guess you don't need to update your plate sticker yet on this bike.... Just noticed you are expired as of the day you posted the latest pics :)

Guess you don't need to update your plate sticker yet on this bike.... Just noticed you are expired as of the day you posted the latest pics :)

Haha ya we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I just bought a house so I am too broke for insurance anyway.

Not sure what you are referring to my friend. But I can tell you whoever tries to steal my bike had better be able to lift the bike above shoulder height if they have any hope of getting it out of the garage.

Out of curiosity, are there any good gyms in your area? :D

Look what I haz!
photo-916.jpg

Test fit my new exhaust to see how I am going to go about making a midpipe....
photo-443.jpg

I think I may actually have them on incorrectly... But they went off on a wierd angle when i tried the other way
photo-281.jpg

that exhaust just looks wrong, way toooo low to the ground.

plus get a better oil filter, get rid of that junky stuff.

project looks great, put more effort into the finishes...looks a bit mis-matched....

Last edited:
that exhaust just looks wrong, way toooo low to the ground.

plus get a better oil filter, get rid of that junky stuff.

project looks great, put more effort into the finishes...looks a bit mis-matched....

It's no where near finished. We don't all have money to blow on powder.

Back
Top Bottom