French Fries | GTAMotorcycle.com

French Fries

How do you like your fries done?

• Total voters
I voted 3 but sooooooooo many variables. Type of fry, cooking method, equipment.

From Big Bang Theory....

Leonard: I'm going to get some fries. You want anything?
Penny: Uh, no, thanks.
Leonard: Are you sure? Because you always say no, and then you eat half my fries.
Penny: I just eat the little crispy ones you don't like.
Leonard: No, I love them. I save them for the end, but they're gone because you ate them. And why did I let you eat them?
Penny: To get sex.
Leonard: Exactly.
Penny: All right, I'd like an order of fries.
Leonard: Great. That'll be five dollars. I am having the best time. I'm so glad you suggested we do this.

Fries are always my side.

I could have a baked potato with a side a fries.

Sorry but I'd have to sample them before making the call. However once I did I'd want malt vinegar and way too much salt.

I remember when McDonald's changed up their fries because they were limp d$@k type of fries.

Since then...they're pretty much at the top of my list. Swiss Chalet is still around?

Some hmmm-odd years ago, Harvey's had nearly perfect fries (and also good breakfast!)

There was a fried chicken place near where I grew up as a kid in Rexdale - they had the best fries & gravy ever. They were only in business a couple years though

I remember when McDonald's changed up their fries because they were limp d$@k type of fries.

Since then...they're pretty much at the top of my list. Swiss Chalet is still around?
I like the taste of McD's but the ones I get are like the 1 or at best, 2 on the list. Eat them fast before they turn to cardboard. I've been told you can order them extra crispy. Swiss Chalet are my favourites from chains.

Decades ago we got some awesome ones from a chip truck at Jackson's Point. Luck of the draw.

There used to be a restaurant in Fergus that was really good. He hand cut the potatoes with a razor sharp knife. Ramming the spud through one of those mini sewer grate things crushes the potato cells. Then double fry them.

I did some that were mindbogglingly good by knife cutting and double frying them in duck fat saved from a roast. The rendered duck fat you buy isn't as good. Unfortunately not all ducks are created equal and I don't know what species of duck I used. Other efforts weren't as good.

Washington russets are my go to spud.

A potato is a bit like a wine grape. The same plant grown in different soil will taste different.

I spent my first eight years on the planet living in my grandmother's house in Manitoba. It had a dug basement with just dirt walls. The house sat on a concrete sill.

I was my job as a tyke to go down to the cellar to get potatoes for supper.

Fast forward 25 years and I was working for a potato distributor in Toronto, dealing with mostly PEI spuds. One weekend I got a call from the boss that they had a shipment of Manitoba potatoes come in and what to do with them. When I walked into the warehouse I could smell my grandmother's cellar.

Fries are always my side.

I could have a baked potato with a side a fries.
Have you considered:

Chip butty is a British sandwich consisting of chips (fries) between bread that's slathered with butter (hence the butty in the name). Although purists might think that nothing else is needed, some people like to add condiments such as malt vinegar, mayonnaise, or ketchup.

Have you considered:

Chip butty is a British sandwich consisting of chips (fries) between bread that's slathered with butter (hence the butty in the name). Although purists might think that nothing else is needed, some people like to add condiments such as malt vinegar, mayonnaise, or ketchup.
NO MAYO on fries.
Only accepted condiments are salt and/or ketchup.

Don't even think about malt/vinegar. 🤮🤮🤮

Unless you are eating a poutine. In which case the only poutine that is acceptable is the an "original" without any additional crap in it.

NO MAYO on fries.
Only accepted condiments are salt and/or ketchup.

Don't even think about malt/vinegar. 🤮🤮🤮

Unless you are eating a poutine. In which case the only poutine that is acceptable is the an "original" without any additional crap in it.
Go down to the US (preferably the south) and ask for gravy on your fries. Be prepared for looks of utter horror.

My wife likes ketchup with black pepper as a dip.

Go down to the US (preferably the south) and ask for gravy on your fries. Be prepared for looks of utter horror.

That's because they have that white gravy crap down there. They put it on 'biscuits'
I wouldn't put that on fries either.

Swiss chalet for consistency, once every two weeks with mom . Almost always the same server and we tip well , she gives me enough fries for two people.

Chip truck fries are so hit or miss , busy fall fair equals burnt overused oil .

The oil is equally important to , cheap fry oil tastes cheap

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Swiss chalet for consistency, once every two weeks with mom . Almost always the same server and we tip well , she gives me enough fries for two people.

Chip truck fries are so hit or miss , busy fall fair equals burnt overused oil .

The oil is equally important to , cheap fry oil tastes cheap

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
do they still have all you can eat fries 'day'? I hit that up a few times years ago.

Mayo on fries is a Dutch thing......like wooden shoes.

Reminds me of a joke my half Dutch friend told me about his Dutch father.

Wooden shoes. Wooden head. Wooden listen.

Back
Top Bottom