Fortnine dropped the ball. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fortnine dropped the ball.

People are still ordering things online in this pandemic? Get ready for ungrateful surprises if you are.
Why are you still tring to shop non-grocery, essential stores in person???

Just ordered stuff of them, will call on Monday cause I need to make a change on the order.

Also ordered a bunch of things of Dual sport plus in Barrie and chose the the pick up in store option, lets see if that's possible, hopefully it is cause the things I ordered would take like 6-10 boxes to ship and cost them a whole lot, esp as it was free shipping, and take forever to arrive

Adding to the challenges the retailers are having Canada Post is finding new ways to define incompetence these days.

I ordered some stuff from a place that is 20 minutes away from me (Bailiboro and I'm in Port Hope) on Apr. 26th. CP's website says the projected delivery date is (still) Apr 27th, but that as of May 2 it's still in transit.

Is Dr. Who delivering my stuff??

The guy I ordered it from is old and offers free shipping and doesn't do pick up. I figured, "fine how hard can it be for CP to get it from there to here."

Now I know.

I have packages still in transit that ups picked up 6 weeks ago wtf. They have delivered other packages from the same place in 2 days. The only response from them is we are trying to deliver as quickly as possible. Then the sales rep calls and ask how he can get more business I told him he is getting close to losing all my business if I don't see my package soon.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

My tires from Fort9 we’re about a week late which I expected. I have some MTB pedals coming someday, not sure when but they have been a couple weeks now.
Just bought my daughter a new motorcycle jacket from GP bikes. Ordered over the phone, payed e transfer, pick up in the parking lot. Actually pretty slick.

Adding to the challenges the retailers are having Canada Post is finding new ways to define incompetence these days.

I ordered some stuff from a place that is 20 minutes away from me (Bailiboro and I'm in Port Hope) on Apr. 26th. CP's website says the projected delivery date is (still) Apr 27th, but that as of May 2 it's still in transit.

Here's the thing most people miss - your delivery doesn't go straight from A to B. If Bailieboro is handled by a different post office versus yours It almost certainly went from Bailieboro to Toronto before it would make its way back out to the port hope area. That's how things move. I always get people surprised at work to learn that their shipment from (Say, for example) Trenton going to Montreal is going to go all the way back to our terminal in Oshawa, and then even further west to our Toronto terminal....before it is amalgamated onto a full trailer load headed east for Montreal.

But that's the way freight works when you're not paying for same day or direct service.

What was the service standard for the method he shipped it? If he sent it ground, well then....it's still within it's service standard which is (IIRC) 7 business days in Ontario. Everyone else who paid for faster service would have priority over your parcel. ESPECIALLY right now when CP and every other courier is dealing with Christmas-like volumes. Even if Balieboro is served by the same post office as you are it may very well just be sitting there as it would be considered low priority.

The guy I ordered it from is old and offers free shipping and doesn't do pick up. I figured, "fine how hard can it be for CP to get it from there to here."

Now I know.
Ok I'm curious. Bailieboro doesn't even have a stop sign so what business is shipping stuff from there? :)

Ok I'm curious. Bailieboro doesn't even have a stop sign so what business is shipping stuff from there? :)

People are often unaware of the many home based businesses running unknowingly right under their noses.

Fun fact: There used to be a company that made amusement park accessories in Bailieboro. Picked up there many times. Moved now.

Aren't the road/highway signs made there.

haha, not a funny joke. :cautious:

Aren't the road/highway signs made there.

haha, not a funny joke. :cautious:

A little further north in Campbellford, actually. Another relatively small totally nondescript factory that most people don't know about that supplies a large percentage of the road signs in Southern Ontario and many other places around the world.

bmr.jpeg

If anyone here remembers a few years ago when I was offering up free reflective road sign material...it came from this place. It was one of our customers I went to quite often when I was on a run that took me up that way every day.

Chances are anyone who rode or drove anywhere today passed a sign made at this place.

But as with many businesses across the province...most people have no idea what goes inside.

A little further north in Campbellford, actually. Another relatively small totally nondescript factory that most people don't know about that supplies a large percentage of the road signs in Southern Ontario and many other places around the world.

View attachment 42958

If anyone here remembers a few years ago when I was offering up free reflective road sign material...it came from this place. It was one of our customers I went to quite often when I was on a run that took me up that way every day.

Chances are anyone who rode or drove anywhere today passed a sign made at this place.

But as with many businesses across the province...most people have no idea what goes inside.

I once saw a news story on TV that all the road signs in Ontario at least, were only made out of 2 locations. One in the GTA I think and one I want to say North Bay area to serve the northern community.

I'll try to find it.

They're made at lots of different places depending on the municipality and such. There's a manufacturer in Pontypool as well that anyone who's ever gone up the 35/115 has passed. But most would never know it's there.

I once saw a news story on TV that all the road signs in Ontario at least, were only made out of 2 locations. One in the GTA I think and one I want to say North Bay area to serve the northern community.

I'll try to find it.

So I was pretty much bang on.

Etobicoke and North Bay.

They're made at lots of different places depending on the municipality and such. There's a manufacturer in Pontypool as well that anyone who's ever gone up the 35/115 has passed. But most would never know it's there.

Interesting.
I do remember that the news segment mentioned that there was only 2 locations.
And while my googling just now to find the above link, I came across other sites that only mentioned the Etobicoke and North Bay location.

Just ordered stuff of them, will call on Monday cause I need to make a change on the order.

Also ordered a bunch of things of Dual sport plus in Barrie and chose the the pick up in store option, lets see if that's possible, hopefully it is cause the things I ordered would take like 6-10 boxes to ship and cost them a whole lot, esp as it was free shipping, and take forever to arrive

Barrie? Do you mean Brantford?

Here's the thing most people miss - your delivery doesn't go straight from A to B. If Bailieboro is handled by a different post office versus yours It almost certainly went from Bailieboro to Toronto before it would make its way back out to the port hope area. That's how things move. I always get people surprised at work to learn that their shipment from (Say, for example) Trenton going to Montreal is going to go all the way back to our terminal in Oshawa, and then even further west to our Toronto terminal....before it is amalgamated onto a full trailer load headed east for Montreal.

But that's the way freight works when you're not paying for same day or direct service.

What was the service standard for the method he shipped it? If he sent it ground, well then....it's still within it's service standard which is (IIRC) 7 business days in Ontario. Everyone else who paid for faster service would have priority over your parcel. ESPECIALLY right now when CP and every other courier is dealing with Christmas-like volumes. Even if Balieboro is served by the same post office as you are it may very well just be sitting there as it would be considered low priority.

You're probably right. the parcel is sitting in Bailiboro post office.

Indeed, parcels go to Mississauga for sorting. It was sent Expedited parcel so the delivery standard was Apr 27 and on CP's website it STILL says Apr. 27, in spite of also saying it's in-transit on May 2.

I work for a company that sells online retail as well as to retailers. I've been the only one in the warehouse picking and shipping through the lockdown. I've spoke to CP numerous times regarding parcel pickups etc. The customer service reps say it is chaos there. One day it's busy like the Christmas season the next it's like Christmas day and there's nothing going on. UPS also has issues in some cases but mostly delivers to their standards in our case.

The bottom line, according to reps and drivers is that during this situation Canada Post couldn't find its' backside with both hands and a postal code.

Whatever the issues are for logistics, I have seen deleviry trucks on the road 7 days of the week, noted twice CP trucks out on Sunday. Maybe the issues are at the hubs

I've been waiting 6 weeks for something I ordered from the states, with no update on tracking. When I reached out to follow up they rudely replied "are you not aware of covid19? It's on its way, be patient". I asked if it had shipped, they didn't even answer the question.

Ordered something from CT for curbside pick up on Monday, they said 24-48 hours. 5 days still waiting, no answer on the phone, no reply to email.

Ordered from F9 last week, it was here on the day they estimated it to ship...so they aren't doing bad considering.
Leave time when you go to pickup the CT order. I placed an order and they had it ready in a few hours, thumbs up. My wife went to pick it up and waited in the pickup line for an hour before she got to the front, thumbs down. They had a single line, no attempt at parallel and it took quite a while to bring each order out. Not sure if they are still stocking them in the back or if they just have thousands or orders and need a better way to sort them. Since no customers are allowed in the store, I would hope they would have moved the patio furniture out of the way and used that area for orders to be picked up to speed up the cycle time.

Back
Top Bottom