yeah it's a crapshoot

Amazon delivery is all over the map. Prime don't matter these days
some items they indicate over a week delivery show up in 2 days
some items with guaranteed 2 day delivery get "revised" after payment

ordered a battery from GP, took them a week to get it
then it sat with Canada post in Oshawa for 4 days without moving
just a guess, but I figure the CP prima donnas are p1ssed at being essential
them working while we're off is a role reversal that isn't sitting well

I have prime and I'm not even bothering with Amazon. It's all been tech related purchases lately so I just call the local stores and pick up same day for a few bucks more.

Meh.

Last edited:
yeah it's a crapshoot

Amazon delivery is all over the map. Prime don't matter these days
some items they indicate over a week delivery show up in 2 days
some items with guaranteed 2 day delivery get "revised" after payment

ordered a battery from GP, took them a week to get it
then it sat with Canada post in Oshawa for 4 days without moving
just a guess, but I figure the CP prima donnas are p1ssed at being essential
them working while we're off is a role reversal that isn't sitting well
Crocodile tears, go get that pension!

When it comes to tracking the info provided is not always accurate or very informative.

In the last few weeks I had an item coming from Nova Scotia. Private Kijiji sale not any online retailer.
Was dropped off/picked up by Purolator on the Friday before Easter weekend. The tracking info provided was when it was out for delivery. It was on time. 2 business days.

Last week, same situation but this time from the other end of the country. BC.
Dropped off at purolator on a Thursday, next scan was Calgary on Monday and the next one out for deliver yesterday.

Although Purolator said it was considered as delayed, it still showed up as per regular service schedule.

I would think that these packages do get scanned more often and it would be good to know (peace of a wondering mind) the route it is taking.

Some time ago I was tracking a UPS item in the USA. I seemed like every time some one or some computer thought about the package, it was reported in the tracking info.

Order placed April 22, no shipping or tracking information.
That means (to me) no stock and currently unavailable.
Why couldn't they bother to tell me that, or give me a possible backorder eta ?
They've been good in times past, but this one's a let down.

I'm having the same issue with GPBikes….
Sold me an item, accepted payment for product they don't have... 'Not the first time.

This was months before riding season was going to start, so.... I didn't really care. I could wait.
I've just sourced the item elsewhere and will be cancelling with GP...

About to order some stuff from F9, might not. Also, I'm fed up with the sales prices shown, then you see the item, and all colors/sizes are out of stock. Just remove it from the search options. Any common sizes are out of stock for most of the stuff, am going to place an order with dual sport plus and see how that goes.

Pretty much gave up on GP Bikes online ages ago, slow website, and most things they don't even have, they order from the distributor ones placed, and then tell you its weeks away from coming. Some Dainese stuff is showing the distributor in Italy, that will be a loooong wait. They had my Arai XD-4 for warranty work for over 3 months, I got it back (outside store pickup), and the top vents are all broken, clearly whoever did the repair moved it around the helmet stand and put pressure breaking all the vents springs, on top of that the lid came back filthy. Not even sure how to go about this, can't go the whole summer without the lid over their error. The warranty went back and forth before with them trying to blame the defect on me, an Arai rep even saw it and said its a defect. I'm sure the broken vents will get blamed on me since I couldn't inspect the lid in store upon pick up

About to order some stuff from F9, might not. Also, I'm fed up with the sales prices shown, then you see the item, and all colors/sizes are out of stock. Just remove it from the search options. Any common sizes are out of stock for most of the stuff, am going to place an order with dual sport plus and see how that goes.

Pretty much gave up on GP Bikes online ages ago, slow website, and most things they don't even have, they order from the distributor ones placed, and then tell you its weeks away from coming. Some Dainese stuff is showing the distributor in Italy, that will be a loooong wait. They had my Arai XD-4 for warranty work for over 3 months, I got it back (outside store pickup), and the top vents are all broken, clearly whoever did the repair moved it around the helmet stand and put pressure breaking all the vents springs, on top of that the lid came back filthy. Not even sure how to go about this, can't go the whole summer without the lid over their error. The warranty went back and forth before with them trying to blame the defect on me, an Arai rep even saw it and said its a defect. I'm sure the broken vents will get blamed on me since I couldn't inspect the lid in store upon pick up
What? You didn't do a live video feed of the package being brought inside and opened for inspection???! Need to step your game up.

?

Grab a cheaper backup lid for this very reason.

What? You didn't do a live video feed of the package being brought inside and opened for inspection???! Need to step your game up.

?

Grab a cheaper backup lid for this very reason.

I assumed it should be perfect, I mean 3 months at an Arai dealer on a $1.2k lid, you would imagine lol

I have a Shoei RF1200 and a Shoei Qwest as backup lids, never use them, sitting like new, the XD-4 is so comfy/practical and I've been spoiled

It's very busy at the Canada Post processing plants and guessing other delivery companies are also. It's like Christmas all over again.
And yes GP bikes website is slow for some reason and yes Fortnine sales tactics are less than desirable. (Ryan should do a video titled Now you see it, now you don't).
For online big ticket items I choose Chromeburner.ca a company based in the Netherlands. Chromeburner service is top-notch and prices are better than local

Just received my ear plugs via amazon. Ordered them today at 12:30 am.
Gotta say I'm impressed as this is not an essential item.

Just received my ear plugs via amazon. Ordered them today at 12:30 am.
Gotta say I'm impressed as this is not an essential item.

WTF. I ordered a new set of horns for my Vulcan over a week ago and they're still showing May 11'th, even though they were a prime item.

Sheesh. About ready to cancel my prime and take my $80 back as right now I could order from lots of alternatives and get things faster. Edit: Looks like they no longer refund the entire Prime fee if you're dissatisfied any longer....no idea when that went away....

WTF. I ordered a new set of horns for my Vulcan over a week ago and they're still showing May 11'th, even though they were a prime item.

Sheesh. About ready to cancel my prime and take my $80 back as right now I could order from lots of alternatives and get things faster. Edit: Looks like they no longer refund the entire Prime fee if you're dissatisfied any longer....no idea when that went away....

i ordered a set of rocstraps on April 5th and still haven't shipped

I ordered 2 sets of the ear plugs.
Will ear plugs make you happy instead of a horn? ;)

BTW. Which horn did you order?

I ordered 2 sets of the ear plugs.
Will ear plugs make you happy instead of a horn? ;)

BTW. Which horn did you order?

I bought an air horn for it a few weeks back since the one that was on it was dead. Waited 3 weeks for THAT one to arrive to arrive from Amazon.

And then I found out after I'd gone through a very careful and clean install (hid the compressor in the front fairing, ran all the electrical and relays etc etc etc) that the horn itself sounded like a dying elephant anyway. And then on top of that, found out it was too long to fit where I anticipated it would fit and interfered with the forks.

If I hadn't already cut everything to fit and done such a neat and tidy install I'd have sent it back, but meh....at least when these new ones arrive all I'll need to do is mount them and hookup the air from the already installed compressor. And then I'll have a spare compressor I guess. Original set was only $25 as well or something like that.

Hopefully these new ones (link above is the replacement set that are smaller) fit whatever week/month they arrive. And hopefully they don't sound like a dying elephant. The two horns vs one thing should help...assuming they're not tuned to the same frequency and just end up sounding like 2 dying elephants instead.

Lowes is another dropping the ball. I have had great success with Home Depot with curbside orders placed at night ready for pickup next morning, or orders placed earlier in the day ready later in the same day. Lowes has taken over 24 hours just to process the order and confirm they got it. All (3) items were in stock. ?‍♂️ meh new reality.

My local Lowes was at about 24 hours when I last ordered from them.

The wife of a riding buddy mentioned the Home Depot she works at is 36-48 hours.

It really depends on the store and the order quantity at the moment in time you make yours. ALL big box stores are struggling right now as they were not designed for this reality.

At least Prime has secondary benefits, tv/movie and music streaming, etc.

At least Prime has secondary benefits, tv/movie and music streaming, etc.

Watched the Johnny Campbell documentary on it the other day (11 time Baja 1,000 winner). All their in house stuff is in 4K, too. The picture quality in the F1 series Grand Prix Driver is jaw dropping.

Back
Top Bottom