Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 140 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Tell me more about this leaf shredder….how’s it deal with pine needles?
The handheld vacuums can do it but they plug up easily with small sticks. The other option in a ground mounted one where you dump crap in the top, it shreds it and dumps it out the bottom. Those probably work better to process a pile but maybe not as the affordable ones are electric and therefore power limited. Maybe rent a good one for a day?

Tell me more about this leaf shredder….how’s it deal with pine needles?
Shreds anything, it's a combo chipper and shredder.

I have a shredder/blower too, they are OK for a small yard but not much good if you have volume. The bag fills quickly and gets too heavy for my wife.

Shreds anything, it's a combo chipper and shredder.

I have a shredder/blower too, they are OK for a small yard but not much good if you have volume. The bag fills quickly and gets too heavy for my wife.
Ok thanks. May have to look into one as a rental to clean up the cottage yard. Tons of leaves and needles up there.

Do you have a link?

Ok thanks. May have to look into one as a rental to clean up the cottage yard. Tons of leaves and needles up there.

Do you have a link?
5376822.jpg

That's mine, I think it's about 15 years old. It will chip up to 2" branches they go in the cone on the left. Leaves and twigs go into the cone on top. They come in 5 and 8 HP - mine is 5 and works fine.

Probably as close as you'll get today is this: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/champion-224cc-gas-chipper-shredder-0601386p.html#srp

I use a guy who is/was on the forum here. $80 to install each gdo. He’s still doing it as he did 3 of mine this year. PM me if you’re interested in his number (I get it that yours are installed, but $80 to fix whatever the problem is might be money well spent).

If he also does door repairs/ spring adjustments, please PM me his contact.

Doesn't a blower just blow them onto somebody else's property? Or do you blow them into a pile and then put them in a bag?

What I do is I just put the bag on my mower and then mow my lawn and it sucks up all the leaves, quicker than raking and probably quicker than blowing too. I filled up 3 bags this way a few days ago.
I end up doing my neighbours front yard also just so I don’t blow leaves on his property. I have 2 trees in the front but all the leaves in the back and right side of the house are from the neighbours.

I end up doing my neighbours front yard also just so I don’t blow leaves on his property. I have 2 trees in the front but all the leaves in the back and right side of the house are from the neighbours.
My neighbour lost his licence years ago, so he doesn't work. I pay him to deal with my leaves. He puts his and mine across the road. Luckily I own those 100 acres so we don't get in trouble from that. Costs me about $150 per year, and I don't have to worry about it and he loves the extra cash.

This weekend I finally finished cleaning the leaves off the gutter topper, and getting all the leaves and pine needles out from under and around the snow stop (metal roof). Froze my fingers, but glad to have it done before real freezing temps hit.

I have the Stihl version of the candycane that fits on a leaf blower. 10' long so it can reach first floor easily even if grading has it elevated. Every few years I climb an clean out just above the downspouts it sticks have built up. Wear a raincoat and eye protection when using the candy cane. You get blasted with schmoo.

I tried this and didn’t work at all for me. So I climb up like a sucker and teeter on the ladder as I worry about falling off.

I’m going to buy the piece that @GreyGhost has as it should work with both of my STIHL blowers.

I'm using it for vacuuming, not blowing, if that makes a difference. I originally planned to use one of these extendible pressure washer wands, but I didn't like the idea of potentially blowing crap up the shingles, nor showering myself with crap.

That is probably the best thing I’ve seen for a patio heater ever! Got a link? I probably can’t afford it…but am def interested in finding out more.
I have a NG connection in a great place for a patio heater but all the heaters I have seen were LP. I like the look of fire tube heaters but normally dont have a ring of people needing heat, I want some thing with reflectors to focus the heat in one direction but havent seen one. Having to buy metal and fabricate parts for something that sells for ~$800 annoys me so I will probably never do it. If I can find one for the right price I will make one do what I want.

Back
Top Bottom