Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 90 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Cleaned out the gutters with dad, and then also secured them better as the existing screws were pulling out and water was pooling and overflowing without actually running down the line.

Waiting for the next rain to see if this did the trick.

Does the cottage count? Had a monster tree cut down and now have enough firewood for years! Just need to cut it down into little itty bitty pieces...I know what I'm doing on the weekend and long weekend. FML.

I read an article that due to all the forrest fires the price of lumber is going to shoot up again.
Yay, something to look forward to…..
Wonder why previous forest fires never cause the prices to shoot up.... :unsure: :unsure:

Wonder why previous forest fires never cause the prices to shoot up.... :unsure: :unsure:
Because people would revolt if a 2x4x8 shot up from $4? Now people are used to $12. I never expect to see less than $6 and won't be surprised if they use excuses to float up to $10 quite regularly.

I'm shopping around for an 800 sq ft concrete pad for my shed. Any recommendations?

I'm shopping around for an 800 sq ft concrete pad for my shed. Any recommendations?
What are you doing/what do you want to pay to have done? Location? @Iceman used to drive a concrete truck but it sounds like he has switched to toy transportation.

They will now. I think with time it’ll stabilize in the 5-7$ range…but I’m not expecting much lower.

It’s a commodity….suppliers will shave a bit here or there to get volume and it’ll stabilize naturally…unless they start price fixing to all fleece the end user.

I believe that is happening already.... just my thought/opinion.
I suspect it will be like gasoline. Not active price fixing but lots of looking across the street at what the other guy is doing and realizing that constantly battling on price hurts your profitability.

I hate to agree and say I think so as well. They got a taste of massive profits and won’t willingly reduce those profit figures.
I can't help but wonder if big money runs a test every once in a while to see if people go for the "The sky is falling" routine. So far it still works. Houses, lumber, toilet paper, fuel, alcohol wipes and more.

A few years ago someone my wife worked with was in a panic about us running out of salt. You know, the stuff the oceans are full of.

Took up a carpet to lay a new floor. I have something new to hate….carpet tack strips. Also, someone stapled the underlay to the old parquet flooring. What’s the best way of removing the gazillion staples left behind? Is there such a thing as an industrial staple remover?

Took up a carpet to lay a new floor. I have something new to hate….carpet tack strips. Also, someone stapled the underlay to the old parquet flooring. What’s the best way of removing the gazillion staples left behind? Is there such a thing as an industrial staple remover?
Pound 'em in.

If you dont care about the parquet, you can pound them in or slide a roofing shovel along the floor to quickly pull put most. I use knee pads, a glazing bar and a pair of pliers. The vast majority dont meed the pliers.

I got a mini pry bar and some diagonal pliers from Cambodian Tire. An hour or so later all done.
You missed one. :)

I knew a guy that acquired some used lumber and paid his kid a nickel a nail to clear them.

Last edited:
Had about 1.5acres Hydroseeded and bought some fancy new hoses and sprayers to hopefully get new grass to grow at the new build. Biggest downpour of the year the following day washed away 1/3 of the seed and the monsoon 2 days later took away another 1/3 that remained as well as a lot of topsoil over our sandy soil underneath. Added more topsoil to sandy sections, regraded washout areas, and reseeded another 50lbs of grass seed I bought. T-Storms the past 3 weeks doing more soil erosion and seed washout so I gave up on that until September. Have awesome patchy grass areas where the seed all puddled to. I'll try to fix erosion sections in September when I throw down another 50lbs of grass seed.

SIL house sitting for us while we were in NB for a week. I knew letting her park her car in the garage was a bad idea but let her do it anyways. First night she stays there she drives her car into the garage door destroying it......from the inside somehow. Now waiting another 2 months for door to come in.

Had about 1.5acres Hydroseeded and bought some fancy new hoses and sprayers to hopefully get new grass to grow at the new build. Biggest downpour of the year the following day washed away 1/3 of the seed and the monsoon 2 days later took away another 1/3 that remained as well as a lot of topsoil over our sandy soil underneath. Added more topsoil to sandy sections, regraded washout areas, and reseeded another 50lbs of grass seed I bought. T-Storms the past 3 weeks doing more soil erosion and seed washout so I gave up on that until September. Have awesome patchy grass areas where the seed all puddled to. I'll try to fix erosion sections in September when I throw down another 50lbs of grass seed.

SIL house sitting for us while we were in NB for a week. I knew letting her park her car in the garage was a bad idea but let her do it anyways. First night she stays there she drives her car into the garage door destroying it......from the inside somehow. Now waiting another 2 months for door to come in.
Wow…I can’t believe she damaged it from the INSIDE….you got to be a special kind (sorry for being rude). I’ve never ever heard of that happening.

As for the lawn…that just blows major ***.

Back
Top Bottom