Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Some update photos....work in progress...

View attachment 43259

View attachment 43260

Apparently one of our neighbours will be calling the city to check the deck as my wife saw him taking photos of it from his roof yesterday. I doubt it was to congratulate us on the job.

Deck is 4" higher than the allowable 24" max without needing a permit.

Maybe he’s some kind of perv/peeping Tom. I would have been having a chat about invasion of privacy and threatening to call the cops on him.
Did your wife happen to have taken a photo of him on his roof while he was snapping shots of your property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he’s some kind of perv/peeping Tom. I would have been having a chat about invasion of privacy and threatening to call the cops on him.
Did your wife happen to have taken a photo of him on his roof while he was snapping shots of your property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No we were just talking about that and she regrets not taking his photo. I told him next time take off your shirt and we can claim a peeping Tom situation.

Deck pics:
Before, during, and after power washing. Still have to use a cleaner and lightener on it. After that, it will be stained.

Also, have to figure out how to do a nice plunge cut, or pull out the stairs, to remove some boards.

eiND62mm.jpg
jMoFMagm.jpg
XP0YLlWm.jpg

dOjUNEQm.jpg
wSzyauxm.jpg

Yes, they are 2x4's. Yes, they are nailed. Yes, some are 14' or longer. No, I didn't build it.

Also, have to figure out how to do a nice plunge cut, or pull out the stairs, to remove some boards.

looks like you’ve got your work cut out foryou. No pun intended.

drill a hole in the 2x4 and cut with a jigsaw?

#1 stop using a pressure washer on a wood deck, the fungus that causes rot gets blown really deep into the wood, specially end grain and all your doing it really speeding up the rot. If you want the surface 'better' use a rotary brush powered by the presuure washer, that will remove the lingen , the dead wood fibers and cells that build up on the surface. Then use whatever you like to help keep water out of the wood.

If you have to do butt joints on decking , bevel the end at 5degrees, tops will meet and you create a gap going toward the bottom so water darins out and dirt doesnt collect.

Deck pics:
Before, during, and after power washing. Still have to use a cleaner and lightener on it. After that, it will be stained.

eiND62mm.jpg
jMoFMagm.jpg
XP0YLlWm.jpg

dOjUNEQm.jpg
wSzyauxm.jpg

Yes, they are 2x4's. Yes, they are nailed. Yes, some are 14' or longer. No, I didn't build it.
I would pull the step apart. Leave the stringers in. That way most (and hopefully all) cuts/joints end up hidden in the step and reassembly is simple.

cabinets (2).jpg

This is my redemption for bad judgement in the shed thread LOL , these are some cabinets I whacked together for a bit of basement storage. The countertop and live edge 'crown mould' is Kentucky coffee tree harvested in Michigan , 2" thick and hard as cement.

And tomorrow we start changing EVERY door handle and lockset in the house. One deadbolt was acting up, on a door over a Juliette balcony that would never be used...... 5 entrance door systems , only 16 interior doors, thank God for open concept. This crap adds up fast.

And tomorrow we start changing EVERY door handle and lockset in the house. One deadbolt was acting up, on a door over a Juliette balcony that would never be used...... 5 entrance door systems , only 16 interior doors, thank God for open concept. This crap adds up fast.

Do yourself a favour and get one of these little air bags.

Place it under the door and pump it a little. Keep the door in place while you are working on it.

HD has them. Or if you want to make a drive out to Milton you can borrow mine.
Its called a Winbag.

1591059037602.png

@oioioi , appreciate the offer, I have one, its years old but really handy , great for moving stuff "just that % to get a fit" .
People that will paint over hinge screws have a special place in hell .....

Did you go Baldwin for the internals? The stuff feels great but holy crap, the bill makes you want to vomit.

@oioioi , appreciate the offer, I have one, its years old but really handy , great for moving stuff "just that % to get a fit" .
People that will paint over hinge screws have a special place in hell .....

:ROFLMAO:
Yes they do.
Along with the people that do not take off the switch/receptacle cover plates when painting.

I have even heard of "professional" painters charging extra for this. :oops:

Its an underrated tool.
Most people would say "what the hell do you need that for"

I have even used it to help level appliances.

Yes it does, I just did the same thing myself, replaced all the interior door handles. Just the main door and garage left to do. But it sure looks nice when it is done. I went with black oil rubbed handles and matching hinges, everything else is all white so it stands out nicely.

Back
Top Bottom